_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV
For discussions on tanks, artillery, jeeps, etc.
NEWS
Dragon Adds 2nd SAS
SgtRam
Staff MemberContributing Writer
AEROSCALE
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 3,971 posts
Armorama: 2,859 posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 30, 2013 - 09:16 AM UTC
A news announcement from Dragon Models has another SAS jeep coming our way, but this time in green with some red beret’d figures.

Link to Item

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!
calvin_ng
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 1,024 posts
Armorama: 753 posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 30, 2013 - 09:51 AM UTC
Interesting subject, and something I've always wanted to do. But with dragon's recent pricing I think Ill give this a miss.
ALBOWIE
Visit this Community
New South Wales, Australia
KitMaker: 1,605 posts
Armorama: 1,565 posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 30, 2013 - 01:50 PM UTC
They also snuck in a set of 7 SAS figures from their Desert SAS sets with three Jeep crews and a standing David Stirling figure. Very useful for all those SAS Jeep conversions
Al
ALBOWIE
Visit this Community
New South Wales, Australia
KitMaker: 1,605 posts
Armorama: 1,565 posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 30, 2013 - 01:52 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Interesting subject, and something I've always wanted to do. But with dragon's recent pricing I think Ill give this a miss.

You can always cross kit an italeri SAS Jeep and the Tamiya Jeep to get the same subject at a good price

Al
skyhawk
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 1,095 posts
Armorama: 743 posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 31, 2013 - 12:23 AM UTC

Quoted Text

You can always cross kit an italeri SAS Jeep and the Tamiya Jeep to get the same subject at a good price

Al

Somewhat... italeris kit suffers from a few in accurate details, plus the armor plates are more like boiler plate! the fuel tanks are a bit over sized as well. It is an option though..

Ill be curious to some more details. Im sure its going to be the same ol dragon mold with some new sprue for the tanks, armor, and rear. I wonder if they will include the exhaust mod or the armor lovers for the front grill?

Im actually in the process of converting the last iteration of the "patrol car" into a Europe version, though without the armor, for a feature here on armorama.
calvin_ng
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 1,024 posts
Armorama: 753 posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 31, 2013 - 04:00 AM UTC
Hi guys, Al that's actually not a bad idea, kitbashing and scratchbuilding a little, the end result always seems a bit more rewarding and offers a greater sense of self fulfillment IMO. Or maybe im just a glutton for punishment?
AlanL
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 14,499 posts
Armorama: 11,675 posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 31, 2013 - 05:16 AM UTC
Always good to see another Allied kit coming onto the market. Their set of desert SAS troops might be interesting too. I recently picked up a couple of the old Italeri kits for under a tenner each so will most likely give this one a miss but it is good to see more choice becoming available.

Al
 _GOTOTOP