_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV
For discussions on tanks, artillery, jeeps, etc.
NEWS
Dragon Adds First Panzer II
SgtRam
Staff MemberContributing Writer
AEROSCALE
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 3,971 posts
Armorama: 2,859 posts
Posted: Saturday, September 07, 2013 - 02:25 AM UTC
An announcement by Dragon Models shows the first in line of the Panzer II family is on the way, with a little surprise inside.

Link to Item

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!
TimTam27
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
KitMaker: 222 posts
Armorama: 209 posts
Posted: Saturday, September 07, 2013 - 02:51 AM UTC
It's probably not correct to call this the first of the Panzer IIs. That honour would go to the Panzer IIa. Note that the a is lower case. The lower case Panzer IIs had a quite different type of suspension to the upper case Panzer IIs.
thebear
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
KitMaker: 3,960 posts
Armorama: 3,579 posts
Posted: Saturday, September 07, 2013 - 03:46 AM UTC
You had me all excited about having a Panzer II with the initial small wheel suspension...oh well kinda bummed out now... One of these days I hope..

Rick
panzerbob01
Visit this Community
Louisiana, United States
KitMaker: 3,128 posts
Armorama: 2,959 posts
Posted: Saturday, September 07, 2013 - 08:39 AM UTC
As Tim noted... Not really the first II - BUT it IS the first "production series" - the II A/B/C.

And, yeah, just for a second, there, I was just like Richard C... way excited about "Wow! You mean someone has actually brought out a small-wheel early II?" That, of course, would be just oh-so-cool. But reality quickly came back and quashed our dreams.

I do expect, however, that THIS II will be a pretty decent kit (however I have not seen it yet and cannot say what things have been omitted or done wrongly, so...) and I'll maybe get one!

Remember if or when you do that these II Ausf A were all 1937 production and very most likely originally came dressed in the 1937 - 40 brown-over-gray regulation paint scheme, and only after July 1940 became repainted to the all-dunkelgrau RAL 7021 scheme apparently suggested by the draft box-art and called for in the instructions.

Bob
tatbaqui
Staff MemberNews Writer
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
Metro Manila, Philippines
KitMaker: 2,713 posts
Armorama: 2,451 posts
Posted: Saturday, September 07, 2013 - 06:19 PM UTC
Thanks Kevin. The thread subject surely caught my attention. For a second there I was expecting to see the early, small-wheeled Pz II. I sure hope it's just around the corner...
 _GOTOTOP