_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV
For discussions on tanks, artillery, jeeps, etc.
NEWS
Testing the 6pdr
SgtRam
Staff MemberContributing Writer
AEROSCALE
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 3,971 posts
Armorama: 2,859 posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 05, 2013 - 08:33 AM UTC
With the 6pdr coming from AFV Club, hopefully shortly, we have been blessed with some test build images.

Link to Item

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!
ALBOWIE
Visit this Community
New South Wales, Australia
KitMaker: 1,605 posts
Armorama: 1,565 posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 05, 2013 - 10:39 AM UTC
A most welcome release I am eagerly awaiting. Hopefully AFV, Bronco and Riich will offer early versions as well.
erichvon
Visit this Community
England - East Midlands, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,694 posts
Armorama: 1,584 posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 05, 2013 - 01:44 PM UTC
Typical isn't it. We wait for decades for a decent 6lber and now everyone and his dogs releasing one...lol. I'm going to get the Bronco Airborne one then wait for the reviews on the standard 6lber. I love it when we have choices
RECON22
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
KitMaker: 665 posts
Armorama: 652 posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 05, 2013 - 05:13 PM UTC
Yep, I agree.... Unbelievable, not one, two but three manufacturers on the 6pnd band wagon. Silly, as one of them could have cashed in years ago....!
But hey, at least we have a smorgasbord of 6 pounders.
AlanL
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 14,499 posts
Armorama: 11,675 posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 06, 2013 - 12:05 AM UTC
More excellent news.

Al
Delta42
Visit this Community
Georgia, United States
KitMaker: 616 posts
Armorama: 511 posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 06, 2013 - 02:13 AM UTC
I'm sorry, because I try not to be negative on any new release by a manufacturer, but do we really need four companies to release the 6 lb. There are so many subjects out there that need to be modeled, and yet we get the same artillery piece from four manufacturers. Seems like a waste to me. I think the major manufacturers need to get a little more creative.
Shermania
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 537 posts
Armorama: 531 posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 06, 2013 - 05:56 AM UTC
I think if I ever decide to build a 6 pdr, I'll go for this AFV version. Hard to tell just from sprue shots but not liking the bronco approach to the wheels for starters. I'll wait and see what you knowledgeable guys post later on our build blogs.
Shermania
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 537 posts
Armorama: 531 posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 06, 2013 - 06:00 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I'm sorry, because I try not to be negative on any new release by a manufacturer, but do we really need four companies to release the 6 lb. There are so many subjects out there that need to be modeled, and yet we get the same artillery piece from four manufacturers. Seems like a waste to me. I think the major manufacturers need to get a little more creative.

Delta,
You bring up an interesting point, I've often wondered how in the heck these companies all end up releasing the same subject all out of the blue like this. Corporate espionage perhaps? Either way, it seems really silly to ignore desired subjects until you find out the other guy is going to release one too. Just not a sound business model IMHO and rushed kits are often times bad and don't serve either the modeler or the company well.
davidne
Visit this Community
Connecticut, United States
KitMaker: 21 posts
Armorama: 16 posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 06, 2013 - 11:26 AM UTC
Will any of the three come with a crew? Or are those to come separately in the future, or from after market vendors?
CMOT
Staff MemberEditor-in-Chief
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 10,954 posts
Armorama: 8,571 posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 06, 2013 - 11:38 AM UTC
The Bronco Models offering is the only one I know will come with a 4 man crew, I do not know about the other two.
AlanL
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 14,499 posts
Armorama: 11,675 posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 06, 2013 - 11:55 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Hi Dave,

Competition is good. It's been 30 odd years people have been waiting for a new more accurate 6pdr than the old Tamiya kit. The Bronco gun is the para version so different from the other two. As Riich is connected to Bronco and they have just released the Universal Carrier it makes sense for them to do a 6pdr too. Bronco are bring out the para jeep and trailer so I'd expect a para 6pdr jeep at some point.

AFV Club make excellent kits so I suspect all three will be decent kits. Then it's need and choice plus cost

Your correct there are many subjects out there that we'd like kits for and the 6pdr was just one of those. It's happy days all round for Allied kits, just amazing what is being brought out these last few years.

No complaints from me.

Al
 _GOTOTOP