_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV
For discussions on tanks, artillery, jeeps, etc.
NEWS
Last StuG IV
SgtRam
Staff MemberContributing Writer
AEROSCALE
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 3,971 posts
Armorama: 2,859 posts
Posted: Saturday, December 21, 2013 - 05:21 AM UTC
To complete the StuG IV family, Dragon Models has announced another kit, this time covering the last production run.

Link to Item

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!
panzerbob01
Visit this Community
Louisiana, United States
KitMaker: 3,128 posts
Armorama: 2,959 posts
Posted: Saturday, December 21, 2013 - 10:06 AM UTC
Hurray! "Last" of the StuG IV! At least until we get a kit of the actual LAST StuG IV Ever Assembled.

But, by me, this one may actually be the Dragon StuG IV kit I'll buy! Looks like it won't need any zimm, and it seems likely, based on the provided boxart image, that this kit will come with those different late-war schurzen. And that calls me!

Otherwise, I'm sure that this will be another essentially super-nice Dragon StuG IV kit - still lacking an engine and a driver's compartment, but otherwise a really cool kit with plenty of fine detail and, I'm sure, pretty much the usual high molding quality we fairly associate with the D's modern Pz. IV - derived stuff.

Bob
Biggles2
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
KitMaker: 7,600 posts
Armorama: 6,110 posts
Posted: Sunday, December 22, 2013 - 05:11 AM UTC
Now maybe Dragon can move on to other subjects such as a new tooled early StuG111 (short barrel), or/and an M-10.
Nate_W
Visit this Community
Missouri, United States
KitMaker: 395 posts
Armorama: 391 posts
Posted: Sunday, December 22, 2013 - 02:56 PM UTC
Nice addition. I like the scalloped schurzen plates.
Modelltreff
Visit this Community
Berlin, Germany
KitMaker: 112 posts
Armorama: 111 posts
Posted: Sunday, December 22, 2013 - 07:37 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Now maybe Dragon can move on to other subjects such as a new tooled early StuG111 (short barrel), or/and an M-10.

Wait a minute. It's a last prod run. Nobody dares to say that this will be the Last Stug IV dragon produces. I bet that there least will be 12 to 26 other....
Biggles2
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
KitMaker: 7,600 posts
Armorama: 6,110 posts
Posted: Monday, December 23, 2013 - 04:05 AM UTC
That's right! The one built on Tuesday, 10th June, 1944; then the one built Saturday, 10th November, 1944, damaged, then rebuilt in time for the BOB; etc...
panzerbob01
Visit this Community
Louisiana, United States
KitMaker: 3,128 posts
Armorama: 2,959 posts
Posted: Monday, December 23, 2013 - 04:47 AM UTC
Come to think of it...

Whenever D is finally done with kitting all of the new StuG ever produced...

It'll be time for what we all REALLY "NEED"! Kits of plant-refurbished tanks or StuG of any mark! Maybe this new series could start with a "StuG III ausf G initial production refurbished at Nibelungenwerke in Feb, 1944"! Of course, it should come out first without any zimm, and then eventually be followed by the "StuG III G initial production refurbished at Nibelungenwerke in Feb, 1944 with Zimmerit"! New kit features could include "new-tool casement with added weldlines for patches AND detailed rendition of the zimmerit pattern as applied at Nibelungenwerke in early 1942, 2 styles of replacement lamps, and optional damaged sprockets!"

Come on, Mr. D! I know you are up for this!

I must admit that I would buy one!

Bob
 _GOTOTOP