_GOTOBOTTOM
Dioramas
Do you love dioramas & vignettes? We sure do.
Up to the Front!!
jrutman
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 7,941 posts
Armorama: 7,934 posts
Posted: Friday, September 19, 2014 - 07:35 AM UTC
Moving up to plug a hole in the leaking Normandy front. Tamiya vehicle and various combos of Dragon people. Did this in the mid 90s. Not too bad,learned a bunch since then I hope!!

Put the zim. on myself,believe it or not!! LOL
J
1stjaeger
Visit this Community
Wien, Austria
KitMaker: 1,744 posts
Armorama: 1,727 posts
Posted: Friday, September 19, 2014 - 08:09 AM UTC

Thanks for showing us the "90s Jerry"!!!

It's always interesting to look back and see where we were at a certain period!

While the Zimmerit was a great job (and back then you didn't have many models sporting it), your special talent for figure painting and converting is already obvious!!!

I might have used different braches for the camo (these here are not very helpful when it comes to concealing the tank ), and I suppose you would do likewise today, but hej, we all had to go a long way a'learning!!!

Cheers

Romain

disorderly
Visit this Community
Ireland
KitMaker: 125 posts
Armorama: 114 posts
Posted: Friday, September 19, 2014 - 08:22 AM UTC
I'd be over the moon to produce something like that, today. First rate figure work.
ReconTL3-1
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 726 posts
Armorama: 687 posts
Posted: Friday, September 19, 2014 - 09:33 AM UTC
Hey Jerry,

It's always nice to take a look back at some of our older projects and see how we have progressed over the years. When I took a break from modeling from 2004 through 2010 or so due to our high deployment OPTEMPO and returned to the hobby, I was amazed at how many advances there had been in techniques being used not to mention how kits had evolved.

Thanks for sharing.
James
jrutman
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 7,941 posts
Armorama: 7,934 posts
Posted: Friday, September 19, 2014 - 09:39 AM UTC
Romain Pat and James,
Thanks for the kind comments. Yes,I took a very long break from armor models while I had my modest resin parts company going. About 10 or so years. Nice to be back and see all the new stuff,as you say,James. Makes it a lot easier for sure.
J
 _GOTOTOP