_GOTOBOTTOM
Figures
Military figures of all shapes and sizes.
News
Dragon: More Figure Re-Releases
SgtRam
Staff MemberContributing Writer
AEROSCALE
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 3,971 posts
Armorama: 2,859 posts
Posted: Tuesday, September 23, 2014 - 08:15 AM UTC

Coming from Dragon Models is five figures sets that have not been seen in a while, including four Fallschirmjager sets.

Read the Full News Story

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!
maartenboersma
Visit this Community
Noord-Holland, Netherlands
KitMaker: 764 posts
Armorama: 742 posts
Posted: Tuesday, September 23, 2014 - 08:54 AM UTC
Boring !
bill_c
Staff MemberCampaigns Administrator
MODEL SHIPWRIGHTS
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 10,553 posts
Armorama: 8,109 posts
Posted: Tuesday, September 23, 2014 - 09:24 AM UTC
Surprising they are re-releasing this set, as there are others (Hohenstaufen Division) which are harder to find, yet highly desirable. Are we awaiting a big para release for these to be grouped with?
Tiger_213
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 1,510 posts
Armorama: 1,443 posts
Posted: Tuesday, September 23, 2014 - 10:25 AM UTC
Probably, Bill. Remember their ambulance and everyone whined because they tjought DML wouldn't release the figures? Plus a bunch of others are doing Horsa's and Waco's; must be the flavor of the month, not that I'm complaining.
Ironmike
Visit this Community
KitMaker: 287 posts
Armorama: 270 posts
Posted: Tuesday, September 23, 2014 - 12:11 PM UTC
All of these new releases are decent kits with some nice figures. I've built all of them and with the addition of some great Hornet heads - instant diorama.
panzerconor
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
KitMaker: 1,271 posts
Armorama: 1,253 posts
Posted: Tuesday, September 23, 2014 - 01:31 PM UTC
@Bill I know what you mean. There's one particular kit, Armored Reconnaissance, Wiking Division, that took me months to find at a reasonable price, and not from China. Does anyone know if these kits are getting brought up to the standards of their new kits? Either way, glad to see all the paras.
Nate_W
Visit this Community
Missouri, United States
KitMaker: 395 posts
Armorama: 391 posts
Posted: Tuesday, September 23, 2014 - 03:11 PM UTC
I'm not seeing the 9th SS Hohenstaufen set. While all these sets are fantastic, they really need to bring that one back.
Tiger_213
Visit this Community
KitMaker: 1,510 posts
Armorama: 1,443 posts
Posted: Tuesday, September 23, 2014 - 03:23 PM UTC
Only re-released, not a new tool, Conor.
erichvon
Visit this Community
England - East Midlands, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,694 posts
Armorama: 1,584 posts
Posted: Tuesday, September 23, 2014 - 07:45 PM UTC
I will never understand their policy on rereleasing old kits. It would make a lot more sense to me than rather randomly releasing "X". "Y" and "Z" that they asked on a site like this what we (as customers and modellers) would like to see rereleased. Things like the weapons sets for one as they've been OOP for years and fetch silly money on Ebay these days. I was bidding on the Vietnam weapons set last year just to put in the stash in case I decided to build a Nam dio. It went for about £20. I bought an Allied weapons set off there for about £12. That's supply and demand. Their customer research dept is crap as they don't ask what we'd like or need from their back catalogue. TBH these days I'd sooner spend my money on MB or Miniart figures as they seem more customer orientated and listen to their audience. I find that if DML (on rare occasions) release something interesting I'll buy it and put it in the stash for later. There's not one of those rereleases that I'd think about buying tbh
Biggles2
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
KitMaker: 7,600 posts
Armorama: 6,110 posts
Posted: Wednesday, September 24, 2014 - 02:15 AM UTC
Dragon should just re-release the Gen 2 figure sets.
Modelltreff
Visit this Community
Berlin, Germany
KitMaker: 112 posts
Armorama: 111 posts
Posted: Wednesday, September 24, 2014 - 02:21 AM UTC
dragon should fire their managers... If they continue to just exist without any innovation the dragon will die...
SgtRam
Staff MemberContributing Writer
AEROSCALE
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 3,971 posts
Armorama: 2,859 posts
Posted: Wednesday, September 24, 2014 - 02:26 AM UTC

Quoted Text

dragon should fire their managers... If they continue to just exist without any innovation the dragon will die...

Not to fully defend Dragon, but they are making the most of the investment put into the creation of the molds. With the upcoming release of 1/35 paratrooper gliders, this looks to be a wise step in terms of business. These figures are not easily found today, and do represent a great option for German paratroopers.

I myself don't have the figures, and am considering a few Italian and Desert based dioramas, and the figures would work perfectly.

jrutman
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 7,941 posts
Armorama: 7,934 posts
Posted: Wednesday, September 24, 2014 - 02:41 AM UTC
I already have all of these sets and some of the figgies are very nice.
I will never understand the logic behind what they decide to re-release so I don't waste any of my already limited brainpower on that issue.
This mass release of paras makes me feel like I am being challenged almost to build a German para dio.
J
bill_c
Staff MemberCampaigns Administrator
MODEL SHIPWRIGHTS
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 10,553 posts
Armorama: 8,109 posts
Posted: Wednesday, September 24, 2014 - 03:00 AM UTC
It's good having several similar sets released at once. While it's nice to have "dioramas in a box" like MasterBox does, the truth is that master modelers like Jerry Rutman combine figures from different sets that can be used OOB or modified. That's how you build a truly outstanding diorama. I'm nowhere in Jerry's league, but I combined several sets in my Normandy diorama, including the superb Hohenstaufen Division set.
maartenboersma
Visit this Community
Noord-Holland, Netherlands
KitMaker: 764 posts
Armorama: 742 posts
Posted: Wednesday, September 24, 2014 - 03:08 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Probably, Bill. Remember their ambulance and everyone whined because they tjought DML wouldn't release the figures? Plus a bunch of others are doing Horsa's and Waco's; must be the flavor of the month, not that I'm complaining.

Who's doing a Waco?
easyco69
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 2,275 posts
Armorama: 2,233 posts
Posted: Wednesday, September 24, 2014 - 06:52 AM UTC
Well, I bought that 6215 - Fallschirmjager 8cm Mortar Team (Italy 1944) kit for the figure campaign, the mortar was wrong. It was from another set, a smaller mortar. Hopefully they fixed it & included the mortar that's advertised on the box! That kit is pretty decent.
Biggles2
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
KitMaker: 7,600 posts
Armorama: 6,110 posts
Posted: Thursday, September 25, 2014 - 03:10 AM UTC
I believe that mortar included in the kit is the 8cm kurtz, or short, mortar developed for Fallschirmjager. It fired the same ammo, just a shortened barrel. So it could be the better mortar for this figure set.
dioman13
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
KitMaker: 2,184 posts
Armorama: 1,468 posts
Posted: Thursday, September 25, 2014 - 03:06 PM UTC
My Grandma told me that if I can't say something nice, say nothing. I think I'll listen to her advise this time as I'm still fighting over parts with customer service over 2 years now.
 _GOTOTOP