_GOTOBOTTOM
Campaigns: Active Campaigns
Campaigns that are either in planning or underway should be grouped here.
Hosted by Richard S.
Eastern Front : Army Group North and related
vanagas
Visit this Community
Maryland, United States
KitMaker: 13 posts
Armorama: 10 posts
Posted: Monday, November 17, 2014 - 12:26 AM UTC
Would anyone like to Start a Eastern Front : Army Group North and related group build.. This would include any armor or unit from 1942 to 1944..
ltb073
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 3,662 posts
Armorama: 3,078 posts
Posted: Monday, November 17, 2014 - 01:09 AM UTC
Im in
vanagas
Visit this Community
Maryland, United States
Posted: Monday, November 17, 2014 - 01:35 AM UTC
Cool I am working on an older Marder II kit.. Going really slow.. I just got back into building again.. Will post some pics later.. I just went out and got a new airbrush and paints..
BigSmitty
Visit this Community
Minnesota, United States
KitMaker: 597 posts
Armorama: 439 posts
Posted: Monday, November 17, 2014 - 02:19 AM UTC
I'm pretty sure I could find something that would fit the bill. Consider me one of the 10 you need to start this thing!
vanagas
Visit this Community
Maryland, United States
Posted: Monday, November 17, 2014 - 02:24 AM UTC
Great
panzerbob01
Visit this Community
Louisiana, United States
KitMaker: 3,128 posts
Armorama: 2,959 posts
Posted: Monday, November 17, 2014 - 07:22 AM UTC
Al;'s

It's east-front mid-later war. There could or should be a fair amount of stuff which could play here.

I'm IN.

I would suggest, however, that the title, while probably accurate to your intent and also actually pretty generous in coverage, may not "ring" with many who might actually be interested!

You could aid your recruitment by perhaps posting some lists of possible players (kits and subjects)- I'm not sure how many of us actually know much of Armee-Gruppe-Nord or its theatre and operations, so we could think this narrower than it really is!

Cheers!

Bob
panzerconor
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
KitMaker: 1,271 posts
Armorama: 1,253 posts
Posted: Monday, November 17, 2014 - 08:27 AM UTC
I'm in.
vanagas
Visit this Community
Maryland, United States
Posted: Monday, November 17, 2014 - 08:41 AM UTC
Bob
That is a great point that you make.. I am new to this so thank you for the guidance. What I am thinking is Armor or figures that would rep the units in the german Army group north or if you want the units that fought them. I kind wanted to leave a bit loose so people could have some fun with this one.. I am working on the an older Tamiya Marder II "Coal Thief" kit.. I have been out of building for a few years.. ok 25 + and just wanted to keep motivated with this.. I hope this helps.. and if not please let me know.
panzerbob01
Visit this Community
Louisiana, United States
Posted: Monday, November 17, 2014 - 08:00 PM UTC
Hey, Al!

25 years out and coming back in? Another one of us old retreads! Started to feel the need for another whiff of cement, eh? WELCOME back to the fold, Pard!

I left in 1975, returned end of 2008! It's been quite an exciting and rewarding re-entry process, to-date!

What actually I was thinking of is that you could start up a list of potential subjects that would have been likely players in the AG-N theatre between 1942 and late 1944... I would guess that maybe the larger majority of folks would see opportunities and jump right in if one said ... "Likely subjects might include most StuG III G variants, Pz. III J - N, Pz IV F - J, Panthers D through early G, Tiger I, Pz.II, some variants of T-34, some KV- variants, some Sov light tanks, earlier RSO variants, most 88 types, ...." "but check some historical sources for some variants you may be looking at and consider the date-range - "late 1944" may preclude any non-zimm'd Panther G and likely exclude almost all JgdPz IV, and probably excludes any non-zimm Pz IV J, etc."

The above is just hypothetical, of course! I don't KNOW hardly anything about AG-Nord and its specific operations area and equipment nor the limits posed by the proposed date-range! Which is my "point", if I have one! Folks may not know much about the specific units, area or associated equipment, so a bit of a lead could help prime the interest pump for some.

IF someone started up a list of possible entries, I am SURE there would be some assistance donated along the way by the folks "out there"! Heck. I'm looking in my refs and stuff even as we speak!

Cheers!

Bob
ltb073
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 3,662 posts
Armorama: 3,078 posts
Posted: Monday, November 17, 2014 - 08:45 PM UTC
Hey Al,
Being that you are a fairly newbie here maybe you would like to pick up where the late great Bruce Miller left off with the Blitz Campaigns He was up to Blitz 6 and this was his last post about it

Quoted Text

P.S.About the next Blitz camapign, We are heading back east, again. The campaign will be the Finnish-Russian War of 39-49 and the 900 day siege of Liengrad. You will be able to model the finnish troops in the winter war, any Russian troops that fought in either parts of thcampaign. also allowed are captured vehicles, planes, arnored trains, partisens,super heavy arty, etc.
I would suggest you start studing the time periods.
I will list what is allowed when I start a thread for Blitz 6
Cheers,
Bruce

I was gonna go with this Pz IV

for Blitz 6 but it will fit here as well
Just a suggestion
ironelf
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 235 posts
Armorama: 174 posts
Posted: Monday, November 17, 2014 - 09:30 PM UTC
I'm interested.
panzerbob01
Visit this Community
Louisiana, United States
Posted: Monday, November 17, 2014 - 11:05 PM UTC
Sal!

That kit... just makes my possible point in "spades"!

Heeresgruppe Nord fought in northern Russia and the Baltic states/campaigns - both offensive and later defensive-, executed the 3 years of Leningrad, and ended up in the Courland Pocket (subjects )

Kharkov followed Kursk and was an activity of Heeresgruppe Mitte (Army-group Center).

So.... while it is possible that an early IV-G such as buildable from that kit could have played up north (and I frankly have zilch knowledge whether this happened or not!), the units represented in that kit's decals were not up in northern Russia or the Baltic! So one would want to check the markings and paint-schemes to get accurate or even sorta so!

PS: I am all in favor of shooting for a campaign focused "up there" as versus more broadly across the entire OstFront... for instance, one could actually model something used by the 1st Spanish Div up near Leningrad within the specific boundaries of this proposed campaign! (One needs to think about the apparent "wisdom" that was exercised in sending the Spanish up to northern Russia... )

Not that the Kharkov IV-G kit isn't a very cool and nice Dragon IV, for it surely is!

Bob
vanagas
Visit this Community
Maryland, United States
Posted: Monday, November 17, 2014 - 11:22 PM UTC
You all are great.. Thank you for the suggestions.. I will gather some intel on AG-Nord and post it here. THey were the smallest of the 3 groups. The AO that they had was Prussia , The baltic states and Leningrad. There was also a push to Moscow. Some finnish forces played in here as well as Baltic units. I get a list together..

Thanks again everyone.. If you have anymore Ideas please do post..

vanagas
Visit this Community
Maryland, United States
Posted: Tuesday, November 18, 2014 - 12:04 AM UTC
Guys I did this incorrectly.. I just posted an Idea for a groupd build.. I need to get this done correctly I will a create a request and it will be done correctly... How long to the campains run most of the time?
SGTJKJ
Visit this Community
Kobenhavn, Denmark
KitMaker: 10,069 posts
Armorama: 4,677 posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 09, 2015 - 01:59 PM UTC
I am in! Lots of stuff in the stash that fits.
Bluestab
Visit this Community
South Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 2,160 posts
Armorama: 1,906 posts
Posted: Friday, June 12, 2015 - 12:26 AM UTC
I might be in...maybe something related to Konigsberg if that's allowed. The whole naming and renaming thing sort of kicked in all crazy there in 1945. If not, I'll find something.
andromeda673
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
KitMaker: 584 posts
Armorama: 525 posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 19, 2016 - 06:20 PM UTC
I'd probally jump in, maybe grab a staff car or something simple, but I'm usually a shoe in for anything WW2
Hudson29
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 1,156 posts
Armorama: 1,024 posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 23, 2016 - 02:28 AM UTC
I too would be interested but would need help determining what kit/markings would fit the bill. I've got piles of german/Soviet WW2 kits that MIGHT qualify.
ClaytonFromEllijay
Visit this Community
Georgia, United States
KitMaker: 1,273 posts
Armorama: 1,138 posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 22, 2016 - 07:40 PM UTC
It's a shame this one died on the vine...
 _GOTOTOP