_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: IDF [Israeli Defense Forces]
Armor and AFVs of the IDF army from 1947-today.
Hosted by Darren Baker
Heavy Duty Side Skirts for HB Merkava IV?
AngryDog
Visit this Community
Singapore / 新加坡
KitMaker: 1,114 posts
Armorama: 900 posts
Posted: Saturday, November 29, 2014 - 10:22 AM UTC
HI guys, does no AM company make Heavy Duty photo etch version for the Hobby Boss kit?

I'm doing an LIC conversion.
Frenchy
Visit this Community
Rhone, France
KitMaker: 12,719 posts
Armorama: 12,507 posts
Posted: Saturday, November 29, 2014 - 12:34 PM UTC
Like these, Nick ?

http://www.voyagermodel.com/productdetails.asp?itemid=PE35414

H.P.
AngryDog
Visit this Community
Singapore / 新加坡
Posted: Saturday, November 29, 2014 - 09:47 PM UTC
Hey Henri, thanks for the reply.

I don't think it will fit the Hobby Boss Merkava. UNless someone here has tried?
Frenchy
Visit this Community
Rhone, France
KitMaker: 12,719 posts
Armorama: 12,507 posts
Posted: Saturday, November 29, 2014 - 10:24 PM UTC
Hi Nick

I've noticed that ET Models has released a Merkava IV PE side skirts set designed for both Academy and Hobby Boss kits...

http://www.bnamodelworld.com/e-t-model/et-e35-096

Should this means the Voyager set could be equally fitted to the HB kit as well ?

H.P.
AngryDog
Visit this Community
Singapore / 新加坡
Posted: Monday, December 01, 2014 - 07:33 PM UTC
Perhaps they may fit..I will have to check it out.

Thanks Henri.
bison126
Visit this Community
Correze, France
KitMaker: 5,329 posts
Armorama: 5,204 posts
Posted: Monday, December 01, 2014 - 08:06 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Hi Nick

I've noticed that ET Models has released a Merkava IV PE side skirts set designed for both Academy and Hobby Boss kits...

http://www.bnamodelworld.com/e-t-model/et-e35-096

Should this means the Voyager set could be equally fitted to the HB kit as well ?

H.P.

I used the ET set of chains and balls for the Merkava 4. It was designed for both HB and Academy kits. In fact, you get parts suitable to the Academy kit and others designed for the HB kit. A number of parts are common, namely the balls and the chains and IIRC some side brackets.
If you have a look at ET models site, you'll see that they have a type 1 and a type 2 sets which are identical from the pictures.
To me, the type 1 are the initial skirts with the last skirt part being of the slat type while the type 2 is the heavy skirt associated to the LIC program.
I guess ET Models got a bit confused and unless you find clearer pictures of these sets or the instructions, it's hard to tell whether or not they can really suit both kits.

Olivier
AngryDog
Visit this Community
Singapore / 新加坡
Posted: Wednesday, December 03, 2014 - 11:29 PM UTC
I had ordered the ET skirts, Type 1 and Type 2 are NOT the Heavy Armor Skirts (fully covered)as we see for the LIC version as in the Academy kit. And that's the version I need but to fit the Hobby Boss kit - as I am doing an LIC conversion for it.
I know legend makes a resin version of those Heavy Skirts..but I want the photo etch version.
Guess I have to assemble the ET skirts fro Academy..in order to see if it will fit the Hobby Boss kit... Sheeeeesh
 _GOTOTOP