_GOTOBOTTOM
Campaigns
Where Armorama group builds can be discussed, organized, and updates posted.
Proposal: Hot Out of the Molds Campaign
MichaelSatin
Staff MemberCampaigns Administrator
AEROSCALE
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 3,909 posts
Armorama: 510 posts
Posted: Friday, December 26, 2014 - 11:44 PM UTC
Well, Christmas and Chanukah are over and New Years is just ahead. All this reminded me of an ongoing campaign idea I had last year but never put out there.

We've all been there. You're tooling along on your latest project and a holiday or birthday comes around. You unwrap your gift from your significant other (or whoever) and WHAM! It's that brand new kit that you've always wanted of your favorite subject! Forget whatever you're working on, this new one is a bench-clearer. You want to start on it RIGHT NOW! How would you all feel about a campaign to cover that situation?

I'm proposing a Hot Out of the Molds campaign for just this situation. It would be a kind of standing campaign (like Hanger Queen) that would run from January to December each year. The rules would be pretty simple: the kit must be unstarted (remember, it's supposed to be a brand new kit) and must have been released no more than six months prior to you starting your build. Separate build logs would be encouraged because you're sort of a trail-blazer here. You're building the kit because you love it so much that you can't wait. Therefore you're giving others a first look at how a new kit builds up from the point of view of someone who (probably) knows the subject.

I would envision this as a cross site campaign covering all subjects but I'm proposing it on AeroScale because that is where I have authority to fool around with ideas.

What does everyone think? I know it's less than a week before New Years but it runs all year, so you have time to join, build, and move on. Comments below!

Michael
kapoybana
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 53 posts
Armorama: 49 posts
Posted: Saturday, December 27, 2014 - 12:43 AM UTC
It's a cool idea and I'm sure a catchy one but as SWMBO advises me that the price has to come down prior to a new kit joining the stash. Normally I get to wait a year prior to approval and then get trumped by "daughter "needs" new shoes or the dreaded wife "needs" a new outfit" I'm in if that time line ( 6 months.., I wish ) and experten is not required as my Christmas present will arrive in January ( Bronco Loyd Carrier and 6 pdr ) for my birthday and my birthday present I get that in April for her birthday
MichaelSatin
AEROSCALE
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
Posted: Tuesday, December 30, 2014 - 10:39 PM UTC
OK, I'm going for it. The Official campaign thread is here. Go here to check out the rules and sign up. Should be fun!

Happy new year and new kits!

Michael
Removed by original poster on 12/31/15 - 08:13:17 (GMT).
dtniedert
Visit this Community
Kentucky, United States
KitMaker: 152 posts
Armorama: 139 posts
Posted: Monday, May 08, 2017 - 07:16 PM UTC
I am in. Not sure what I am going with yet though.
MichaelSatin
AEROSCALE
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
Posted: Monday, May 08, 2017 - 08:06 PM UTC
Doug,

The Hot Out of the Molds II campaign for 2017 thread can be found here. That's where you want to be posting. This thread was for the 2016 campaign proposal.

Michael
 _GOTOTOP