_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV
For discussions on tanks, artillery, jeeps, etc.
News
MiniArt: A BIG Update
SgtRam
Staff MemberContributing Writer
AEROSCALE
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 3,971 posts
Armorama: 2,859 posts
Posted: Monday, February 09, 2015 - 11:34 PM UTC

A posting on their website and Facebook page by MiniArt has a large list of new items to expect during the year.

Read the Full News Story

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!
Biggles2
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
KitMaker: 7,600 posts
Armorama: 6,110 posts
Posted: Monday, February 09, 2015 - 11:44 PM UTC
I like the GI firing from behind his cycle. In a different time and different place, it could be Custer's last stand.
HeavyArty
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 17,694 posts
Armorama: 13,742 posts
Posted: Monday, February 09, 2015 - 11:56 PM UTC
The Harleys are really cool. I like all three of them.
Bodeen
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 1,744 posts
Armorama: 1,359 posts
Posted: Tuesday, February 10, 2015 - 12:14 AM UTC
Wow...a lot of nice stuff from Mini Art. I really like the Motorcycles and GAZ trucks/ busses. Very cool.
Gotrek58
Visit this Community
Nordrhein-Westfalen, Germany
KitMaker: 673 posts
Armorama: 286 posts
Posted: Tuesday, February 10, 2015 - 12:20 AM UTC
...and the 4th bulldozer - with armoured cab!

Michael
Bizarre
Visit this Community
Akershus, Norway
KitMaker: 1,709 posts
Armorama: 1,581 posts
Posted: Tuesday, February 10, 2015 - 12:40 AM UTC
awesome!
justsendit
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 3,033 posts
Armorama: 2,492 posts
Posted: Tuesday, February 10, 2015 - 01:00 AM UTC
Wow! MiniArt is really getting major mileage out of their GAZ chassis ... in a good way! I wonder if they'll ever do a nicely detailed BA-10.
vettejack
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 1,277 posts
Armorama: 1,254 posts
Posted: Tuesday, February 10, 2015 - 01:02 AM UTC
I have Jaders' BZ-38 refueler conversion in resin...dang! Just when u think u might have that odd ball vehicle that no once else has, out comes the sprue version! The MA version damn nears duplicates the resin I have of this little cutie...oh well...on to the next oddball build! LOL
dimkaras
Visit this Community
Attica, Greece / Ελλάδα
KitMaker: 104 posts
Armorama: 101 posts
Posted: Tuesday, February 10, 2015 - 02:25 AM UTC
Very interesting stuff! Bulldozer armoured variation is my fav, but the unusual poses of the motorbike riders are excellent also. Hope to see the model prototypes soon.
bill_c
Staff MemberCampaigns Administrator
MODEL SHIPWRIGHTS
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 10,553 posts
Armorama: 8,109 posts
Posted: Tuesday, February 10, 2015 - 03:09 AM UTC
These are all superb and I'm so happy to see them.
edklingon
Visit this Community
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
KitMaker: 194 posts
Armorama: 173 posts
Posted: Tuesday, February 10, 2015 - 04:27 AM UTC
A bulldozer with a armoured cab!!! WOW
Beastmaster
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 592 posts
Armorama: 588 posts
Posted: Tuesday, February 10, 2015 - 05:52 AM UTC
Dig the dozers.
Charby
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
KitMaker: 78 posts
Armorama: 78 posts
Posted: Tuesday, February 10, 2015 - 07:31 PM UTC
I just wish Miniart would release all those WLA riders together in one separate set without the bike, as I've already got two WLA, and at nearly $20 a bike, I certainly won't buy any more just for the figs.
Biggles2
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
Posted: Tuesday, February 10, 2015 - 08:21 PM UTC
Same here. I've bought 5 different Harley sets just for the figures. I'm still waiting for MiniArt to put all those drivers/mechanics etc. in one figure set. Those ammo loader figs look interesting. Wonder if any will fit open top vehicles ie; M10, Hellcats; M36; etc.
AFVFan
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 1,980 posts
Armorama: 1,571 posts
Posted: Wednesday, February 11, 2015 - 12:28 AM UTC
I can only hope they did better research putting their Mk III D together than they did with the III B. They totally botched the rear deck on it. Here's a link showing the corrections needed to make it right (so far):

http://modelerssocialclub.proboards.com/thread/9139/panzer-iii-mini-art
dioman13
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
KitMaker: 2,184 posts
Armorama: 1,468 posts
Posted: Wednesday, February 11, 2015 - 04:39 AM UTC
Well for one, I'm really stoked up with the dozer sets. Armoured cab, another South Pacific dio in mind. The motor cycles and riders look good too. The trooper laying down and firing over his bike would make a good comparisson vign. one side that one and the other side a trooper firing over his mount from late 1800's. Oh dam, too many ideas but I do have 3 plus sets of M.B.'s civil war calvary so the idea is formulating as I write this.
jimbrae
Visit this Community
Provincia de Lugo, Spain / España
KitMaker: 12,927 posts
Armorama: 9,486 posts
Posted: Wednesday, February 11, 2015 - 03:42 PM UTC
It's an impressive and highly imaginative list (not counting what ISN'T announced )

However the only slightly discordant note is the Pz. III. That, I really feel isn't really within the established style of MiniArt?
Biggles2
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
Posted: Wednesday, February 11, 2015 - 09:15 PM UTC
Maybe the Dragon team designed it!
AFVFan
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, February 11, 2015 - 09:31 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Don't know who designed it, but I do know if I owned the company there'd be some new faces in the unemployment line.
M4A1Sherman
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 4,403 posts
Armorama: 4,078 posts
Posted: Thursday, February 12, 2015 - 12:42 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Don't know who designed it, but I do know if I owned the company there'd be some new faces in the unemployment line.

Wait a second! MINIART should just send the design team to bed without their supper!!!

I think that MINIART should just go ahead and revise the kit with the necessary corrections. Or, maybe the time is ripe for some enterprising aftermarket parts manufacturer to help us out with a resin and PE "correction/update" kit...

I don't see DRAGON doing anything "NEW!!!" in the line of the early Pz.IIIs: Ausf. A- 5 LARGE road-wheels, Ausf.B, C, and D... At least MINIART had the gumption to do so!!! DRAGON just adds or deletes parts in their Ausf.E thru Ausf.M kits, and then calls them "NEW!!!" This is GETTING OLD!!!

KUDOS to MINIART for having the guts to reeeeally committing themselves to doing more WWII US subjects. I also like the new SOVIET AA and AAA trucks. I just hope that they don't start going overboard with them.

I hope that MINIART will also go ahead and do some GIs in other applications, sans vehicles. I agree that a boxed set of the various US "motorcycle riders" is quite in order. The "US Tank Crew- Loading Ammo" set looks GREAT! They're a GREAT addition to the other splendid US Tank Crews that MINIART already offers us. I'm sure that these little guys will find their way into many dioramas and vignettes.

Specifically, I would like to see more US WWII Infantry GIs and US Marines in MINART's mix- a "chow line" with a US Field Kitchen, GIs/Marines "On Patrol" or "On the March", guarding/leading German, Italian and Japanese POWs, US Army and US Marine Officers and men in the lighter "summer" combat uniforms of the ETO, and in the HBT uniforms of the "TORCH" Invasion of North Africa and in the Pacific Theatre. GIs and Marines "At Rest", in the same genre of the US motorcycle rider found in the "Rest On Motorcycle" set, could be used in an "At Rest" set of US ETO/MTO Infantry. We could also US US Army Medics and US Navy Corpsmen, who served alongside our Marines. COUNTLESS HEROES were to be found within the US Army and Navy Medical Corps- It's time to give these brave men and women their due recognition in 1/35 scale...

I'd also like to see PRE-WAR US Infantry in the Light Khaki Summer Uniforms, US Army and US Marines, both...

To my knowledge, no one has done a proper 1/35 US Navy Beachmaster set in combat uniform, which was comprised mainly of the HBT Coveralls or 2-piece HBT set. The US Navy, in particular, has been sorely neglected in the realm of 1/35 figures- all we've seen of the US Navy is one figure set from MASTER BOX, which consists of a Seaman and an Officer, both in "Summer Whites", alongside three female figures. We NEED more US WACS, WAVES, SPARS, Nurses, etc.

We could also use an all-new PLASTIC kit of the first US tracked amphibious LVT-1, and the fore-runners of the US Navy's landing craft, the LCP-L and LCP-R. I can think of more, but I'd like to hear from my fellow modellers regarding this subject...

HOORAY!!! US DOZERS!!!
AFVFan
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, February 12, 2015 - 11:25 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I think that MINIART should just go ahead and revise the kit with the necessary corrections. Or, maybe the time is ripe for some enterprising aftermarket parts manufacturer to help us out with a resin and PE "correction/update" kit...

First, I'm not putting the entire company down. They are bringing out a nice selection overall. In fact, they should be applauded for being able to get out the number of releases they do, given the situation they're working in. Now, with that said, the R&D person (or team) for the III-B did not do his job and will cost the company either through lost sales, or paying for retooling for the fix. As far as aftermarket fixes go, after spending $60 or so, on the kit, the thought of putting out another $25 (or whatever) just to cure what shouldn't have been broke in the first place sure doesn't sit well with me. One can only hope the future releases of the series will be done with a bit more diligence.
MikeyBugs95
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 2,210 posts
Armorama: 1,712 posts
Posted: Thursday, February 12, 2015 - 12:07 PM UTC
If the loaders could be used in a Hellcat, I'm definitely going to get a set. Plus a set of their regular US tank crew.
jimbrae
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, February 12, 2015 - 03:02 PM UTC
I'm VERY confused here. I only mentioned scratching my head at the decisión to do a Pz. III. Nothing whatsoever was mentioned regarding quality of the kit. There are, as far as I know not even CAD images of it?

I'll refine what I said. I'm pretty sure that MiniArt will do a very good job of it. Knowing the people there, they spend a LOT of time on research and are very exacting. I still don't see it as a part of their reléase program but I very much doubt it'll be anything but good.

Clear?
AFVFan
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, February 12, 2015 - 04:52 PM UTC
Jim, we were discussing the already released Mk III-B as having problems. You are right, the D model in the release announcement is not in production yet. What I was saying is that I hope that MiniArt does a better job with it than they did with the B model.

If you scroll up the posts to my the first comment I made, you'll find a link to one of the B models being built and the poor rear deck design.

Hopes this helps with the confusion.
jimbrae
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, February 12, 2015 - 05:08 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Jim, we were discussing the already released Mk III-B as having problems. You are right, the D model in the release announcement is not in production yet. What I was saying is that I hope that MiniArt does a better job with it than they did with the B model.

If you scroll up the posts to my the first comment I made, you'll find a link to one of the B models being built and the poor rear deck design.

Hopes this helps with the confusion.

Thanks Bob! Clarified...
 _GOTOTOP