_GOTOBOTTOM
Constructive Feedback
For in-progress or completed build photos. Give and get contructive feedback!
Tamiya Type 90
andromeda673
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
KitMaker: 584 posts
Armorama: 525 posts
Posted: Friday, February 20, 2015 - 08:51 AM UTC
Hey guys, I thought I'd share some pictures of my finished build, it's been sometime since I have really finished anything armor related.

Tamiya Type 90 1/35 scale, used tamiya paints and weathered with Vallejo pigments. The base is a 12 inch ceramic title, and I put down grey grout for the mud/gravel/dirt base, the trees are goldenrod plants and then dip in glue and tossed with model rail road ground covering. I can't take credit for these, my grand father made them for his HO scale layout.

I bought some AFV camo netting to use over the basket and turret and barrel, but when I tried to cut it from the backing, it just shreds and gets destroyed so that was $13.00 lesson.

jasperck
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
KitMaker: 79 posts
Armorama: 79 posts
Posted: Friday, February 20, 2015 - 09:49 AM UTC
Excellent work. I like your grandfather's method for the trees... I'll have to try that once spring comes around (if it ever does... Life in New England is very cold right now). Hopefully coating the plants in glue will prevent any sneezing and eye itching! The tank looks great, but the upper surfaces (especially on the turret) look a little bleached to me; this creates contrast with the comparatively vibrant scenery. Great work overall.
HEINE-07
Visit this Community
Ohio, United States
KitMaker: 392 posts
Armorama: 198 posts
Posted: Sunday, February 22, 2015 - 10:40 PM UTC
The whole thing looks awesome.
andromeda673
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
KitMaker: 584 posts
Armorama: 525 posts
Posted: Saturday, February 28, 2015 - 03:25 AM UTC

Quoted Text

The whole thing looks awesome.

thank you, I appreciate it, I was pretty stoked with the outcome on this one, not going to lie
 _GOTOTOP