_GOTOBOTTOM
Constructive Feedback
For in-progress or completed build photos. Give and get contructive feedback!
Bundeswehr M48A2GA2
MichaelHatch
Visit this Community
British Columbia, Canada
KitMaker: 31 posts
Armorama: 30 posts
Posted: Sunday, March 01, 2015 - 02:38 PM UTC
Hello.

Here is Revell AG's 03236 M48A2GA2. I've always wanted to build one of these but being cheap and not being a big fan of resin, I put it off.

The colour of the plastic put me right off but it will be a non issue once its painted. There are a couple of sink marks to look for but the kit builds easily and I enjoyed the process.

The cast effect strikes me as a little heavy but I want to see what it looks like under paint so I left it as is.

I wanted this to be a stock build but I adjusted the elevation of the main gun and this opened up a gap where the mantlet dust cover should meet the turret face. So I cobbled something together and I'm hoping the paint will cover my sins...

More photos can be found at;
http://s115.photobucket.com/user/Michael_Hatch/library/Modelling%20NATO%20and%20the%20Warsaw%20Pact/Bundeswehr%20M%2048%20A2%20G%20A2

Michael in Cloverdale.
BlackWidow
Visit this Community
European Union
KitMaker: 1,732 posts
Armorama: 326 posts
Posted: Monday, March 02, 2015 - 02:07 AM UTC
Michael, nice to see a M 48 of the Bundeswehr nearly finished and ready to through paint on it. I've ordered this kit at my LHS and hope to get it soon. Also I had a look at your other M 48 and I've also got the older version of that tank, which actually came out by Revell later than the newer version. But I will build them both in Bundeswehr markings. Looking forward to see your finished model. Happy modelling!

Torsten

PS: I've just started with Revell's 1/35 Leopard 1 in it's old package from 1997. That kit will be re-released this year ....
HermannB
Visit this Community
Bayern, Germany
KitMaker: 4,099 posts
Armorama: 4,067 posts
Posted: Monday, March 02, 2015 - 02:20 AM UTC

Quoted Text

PS: I've just started with Revell's 1/35 Leopard 1 in it's old package from 1997. That kit will be re-released this year ....

Not a re-release but an entire new model.
MichaelHatch
Visit this Community
British Columbia, Canada
KitMaker: 31 posts
Armorama: 30 posts
Posted: Friday, March 27, 2015 - 10:19 AM UTC
Hey everybody.

Work progresses.

Started in on detail painting and decals. Decalling is presenting a challenge because I somehow lost the kit's decals. I emailed Revell but in the short term I dug up some stuff from the parts box.

More photos at;
http://s115.photobucket.com/user/Michael_Hatch/library/Modelling%20NATO%20and%20the%20Warsaw%20Pact/Bundeswehr%20M%2048%20A2%20G%20A2

Now starts the weathering process. This is my greatest area of concern because it is so easy to mess it up.

Regards, Michael in Cloverdale.
mmeier
Visit this Community
Nordrhein-Westfalen, Germany
KitMaker: 1,280 posts
Armorama: 1,015 posts
Posted: Saturday, March 28, 2015 - 01:02 AM UTC
It is a late cold war BW vehicle. They always had enough conscripts to clean and paint them. So heavy weathering/damaged paint etc. is not that likely. Some minor and slightly brighter scratches in the paint are more typical (The paint is hard but the outermost layer can be scratced)

Minor point: The heater-shaped plate in the right rear should have a white cross on it. And there are numerous minor paint spots for greasing etc.

[http://www.panzer-modell.de/referenz/in_detail/m48a2ga2/m48a2ga2.htm]Later camo but that's all that changed[/url]

_GOTOTOP