_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV
For discussions on tanks, artillery, jeeps, etc.
News
Kit Form Services: Sax-On-Wheels
didgeboy
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
KitMaker: 1,846 posts
Armorama: 1,509 posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 28, 2015 - 09:51 PM UTC

Kit Form Services has just announced the release of their 1/24 Saxon armored car. The Saxon was originally intended to cheap but effective transport for UK forces from the mainland to the UK Army of the Rhine. This offering from Kit Form Services his a highly detailed resin offering complete with all the bells and whistles. Check it out!

Read the Full News Story

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!
firstcircle
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 2,249 posts
Armorama: 2,007 posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 28, 2015 - 11:18 PM UTC
Another mega kit from KFS. Must admit i'd like to see one in the flesh, but can't see myself spending that kind of money.

Just one correction to the news story, I believe they only do 1/24 scale, and that's it... I think.

didgeboy
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
KitMaker: 1,846 posts
Armorama: 1,509 posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 29, 2015 - 05:10 AM UTC
You are correct I miss read their front page. 1/24 & 1/25 only. Thanks for that catch.
RecyMech
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 34 posts
Armorama: 33 posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 29, 2015 - 01:30 PM UTC
Wikipedia is full of errors regarding Saxon. It is not built around a chassis at all, it is a monocoque welded hull. It uses running gear & automotive parts from the Bedford 8 tonne TM range of vehicle NOT the small M (MK) series. Later Saxon Patrols were given a MAJOR makeover including a Cummins engine in place of the Bedford 500 non turbo & a completely redesigned interior with folding seats & internal stand off ballistic panels.
 _GOTOTOP