_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV
For discussions on tanks, artillery, jeeps, etc.
News
Classy Hobby: Large Scale Luchs
CMOT
Staff MemberEditor-in-Chief
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 10,954 posts
Armorama: 8,571 posts
Posted: Friday, November 13, 2015 - 01:09 AM UTC

There is a new company on the scene when it comes to 1/16th scale offerings, the new company is called Classy Hobby and is a new Chinese manufacturer. They have sent Armorama news of two new products in this large scale.

Read the Full News Story

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!
johhar
Visit this Community
Alabama, United States
KitMaker: 476 posts
Armorama: 447 posts
Posted: Friday, November 13, 2015 - 07:17 AM UTC
The main thing to me is the offering itself, a manageable yet interesting 1/16 subject. If the price is reasonable, say an actual sale price of maybe US$100 or a tad more, it looks like a winner. There are a lot of kits I get excited about but wind up saying something like, "On second thought, nah...." This gives me the feeling it might actually survive that little voice that tells me the money has better uses.
Panther72
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 6 posts
Armorama: 6 posts
Posted: Friday, November 13, 2015 - 03:16 PM UTC
I wonder if they are an offshoot of Bronco? The art style and the box art look very similar.
Either way I would love to buy the Luchs!
Cantstopbuyingkits
Visit this Community
European Union
KitMaker: 2,099 posts
Armorama: 1,920 posts
Posted: Friday, November 13, 2015 - 06:45 PM UTC
Can it be certain this isn't the Tasca Luchs just up scaled? The parts look kind of familiar.
mcevoyi
Visit this Community
KitMaker: 198 posts
Armorama: 180 posts
Posted: Friday, November 13, 2015 - 07:06 PM UTC
My poor wallet
another 1/16 kit to add to the expanding collectionary

Really pleased more and more large scale is popping out

Can't wait for the trupy m1a2 and t72
C_JACQUEMONT
Visit this Community
Loire-Atlantique, France
KitMaker: 2,433 posts
Armorama: 2,325 posts
Posted: Friday, November 13, 2015 - 07:23 PM UTC
Now I know why I'm spending that much on modelling, it's a classy hobby! And classy usually means expensive...

Cheers,

Christophe
C_JACQUEMONT
Visit this Community
Loire-Atlantique, France
KitMaker: 2,433 posts
Armorama: 2,325 posts
Posted: Friday, November 13, 2015 - 07:26 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Can it be certain this isn't the Tasca Luchs just up scaled? The parts look kind of familiar.

Speaking of conspiracy theories have you ever noticed how similar 1/72 and 1/35 Sherman wheels look? The 1/35 versions look like enlarged copies!!!

Cheers,

Christophe
Cantstopbuyingkits
Visit this Community
European Union
KitMaker: 2,099 posts
Armorama: 1,920 posts
Posted: Friday, November 13, 2015 - 09:17 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Speaking of conspiracy theories have you ever noticed how similar 1/72 and 1/35 Sherman wheels look? The 1/35 versions look like enlarged copies!!!

I was referring to the vastly similar colour of the tank/track plastic, and so don't mind your snark to be really necessary.
MartynSmith
Visit this Community
England - North, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 73 posts
Armorama: 71 posts
Posted: Sunday, November 15, 2015 - 03:20 PM UTC
Classy Hobby is not part of or an offshoot of Bronco. It's an entirely new company with no ties.

And the boxart is only an indication that the artist is the same as recent Bronco kits, in this case Su Lei, an exceptional young Chinese artist.

He's done many recent box arts but not all. For example he did the Horch radio car, but another artist did the Horch staff car. He did the Valentine MkXI but not the Valentine MkIX. Bronco use a few different artists.

Likewise they also use Andrey Karaschuck for (mainly) figure artwork; he's another excellent artist who's worked for Miniart for years, and also from time to time Master Box.

So the artwork is no indication; I guess you can say the same about the styrene. There must be a limited number of mould makers and styrene producers of a certain quality so I wouldn't simply assume there's a link.

catdude01
Visit this Community
Puerto Rico
KitMaker: 314 posts
Armorama: 253 posts
Posted: Sunday, November 15, 2015 - 08:01 PM UTC
No interiors?
SgtRam
Staff MemberContributing Writer
AEROSCALE
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 3,971 posts
Armorama: 2,859 posts
Posted: Sunday, November 15, 2015 - 08:09 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Classy Hobby is not part of or an offshoot of Bronco. It's an entirely new company with no ties.

And the boxart is only an indication that the artist is the same as recent Bronco kits, in this case Su Lei, an exceptional young Chinese artist.

He's done many recent box arts but not all. For example he did the Horch radio car, but another artist did the Horch staff car. He did the Valentine MkXI but not the Valentine MkIX. Bronco use a few different artists.

Likewise they also use Andrey Karaschuck for (mainly) figure artwork; he's another excellent artist who's worked for Miniart for years, and also from time to time Master Box.

So the artwork is no indication; I guess you can say the same about the styrene. There must be a limited number of mould makers and styrene producers of a certain quality so I wouldn't simply assume there's a link.

It should be noted that the font on the title on the box art is also very similar, if not the same as Bronco.
Removed by original poster on 11/17/15 - 10:02:03 (GMT).
MartynSmith
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, November 16, 2015 - 03:13 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

It should be noted that the font on the title on the box art is also very similar, if not the same as Bronco.

...Which Bronco kit would that be?...virtually all Bronco kits I have or have seen have different font styles and colours. I wouldn't even say there was a Bronco font style?

CMOT
Staff MemberEditor-in-Chief
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
KitMaker: 10,954 posts
Armorama: 8,571 posts
Posted: Monday, November 16, 2015 - 03:23 PM UTC
This is not a Bronco Model related company, I do know why there are aspects that are similar, but I am unable to release that information at this time.
MartynSmith
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, November 16, 2015 - 08:16 PM UTC
Like Darren says and like I said above...Classy Hobby is not part of or related to Bronco. The boxart shares the same artist...'no conspiracy here...move along' ;~)
 _GOTOTOP