_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV
For discussions on tanks, artillery, jeeps, etc.
News
ICM: Panzerspähwagen P 204 (f)
CMOT
Staff MemberEditor-in-Chief
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 10,954 posts
Armorama: 8,571 posts
Posted: Monday, January 04, 2016 - 12:38 AM UTC

ICM are at it again with news of a Panzerspähwagen P 204 (f) in the works in 1/35th scale.

Read the Full News Story

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!
bilbobee
Visit this Community
Minnesota, United States
KitMaker: 414 posts
Armorama: 406 posts
Posted: Monday, January 04, 2016 - 01:31 AM UTC
Yes, I like the interior work, good detail
bill_c
Staff MemberCampaigns Administrator
MODEL SHIPWRIGHTS
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 10,553 posts
Armorama: 8,109 posts
Posted: Monday, January 04, 2016 - 01:34 AM UTC
Great addition AND an interior! AMPS/IPMS judges will be happy.
namengr
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
KitMaker: 332 posts
Armorama: 328 posts
Posted: Monday, January 04, 2016 - 08:07 PM UTC
As they are doing variants, I hope they do a 178B for Indochina.
SEDimmick
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 1,745 posts
Armorama: 1,483 posts
Posted: Monday, January 04, 2016 - 11:59 PM UTC
If your wondering what the difference is between this and the first release, this one appears to one of the more numerous second/later production batch vehicles.

The first release was one of the first 125 or so built and the kit has some goofs on it that mix the production types together. Nothing huge that can't be fixed with some minor scratchbuilding or shaving parts off.

I wonder if they'll release this in French markings, since I'd like to build another. The first kit was fun to fix and put together. Would be nice to see some more AM support for it too, outside of next to impossible to get Azmuit stuff.

musashibo
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 17 posts
Armorama: 15 posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 06, 2016 - 05:27 AM UTC
The first ICM Panhard release was of one of the initial production run of about 30 vehicles. Later vehicles featured different viewing devices and a domed ventilator on the upper turret hatch. The initial release includes hatches for the later vehicles, and there is a cut out in the primary parts tree for a revised turret - which I suspect is in this 2nd release.

There was criticism that the early version kit included attachment points for wheel chains and storage bins on the front fenders (for the chains). These were standard on later model vehicles, but were retrofit on earlier ones. Photos of the vehicles that ICM includes markings for show that all of them had these items retrofitted.

There are a couple of areas on the early version that need to be addressed. Initial production vehicles did not have the Panhard nameplate on the hull front - this should be removed. Also, the turret is missing the half hinges for the rear turret doors. Hopefully this has been corrected on the new turret. Hannants has also listed a Panhard 178 command vehicle as a 3rd quarter release from ICM. I assume this will be a French version with radio antennas.
 _GOTOTOP