_GOTOBOTTOM
Figures
Military figures of all shapes and sizes.
News
BRAVO-6: US Army Infantry - Move Move
Graywolf
Staff MemberSenior Editor
HISTORICUS FORMA
Visit this Community
Izmir, Turkey / Türkçe
KitMaker: 6,405 posts
Armorama: 1,850 posts
Posted: Sunday, May 22, 2016 - 04:59 PM UTC

Vladimir Demchenko published photos of the upcoming BRAVO-6 figure on his Facebook page.rnrn

Read the Full News Story

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!
stufer
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 416 posts
Armorama: 342 posts
Posted: Sunday, May 22, 2016 - 05:36 PM UTC
Seriously.Stop it.Too many excellent figure sets from this sculptor who is far too talented for his own good

You can never have too many 'Nam figures,and Bravo 6 are setting an impossibly high standard-my painting skills are going to improve tenfold to do these sculpts justice Good Work Fella!

Maki
Staff MemberSenior Editor
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
Croatia Hrvatska
KitMaker: 5,579 posts
Armorama: 2,988 posts
Posted: Sunday, May 22, 2016 - 05:49 PM UTC
Amazing. I have seen many figures depicted as running, majority of them looking very awkward. On the other hand, Vladi has an incredible sense of human form, and these sculpts prove it once again.

Well done, Bravo-6!

Mario
jrutman
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 7,941 posts
Armorama: 7,934 posts
Posted: Sunday, May 22, 2016 - 06:42 PM UTC
The sculpting is always top notch but what is really cool to this old old soldier is the posing. I was in the infantry and all of these recent figs really are very authentic in what they are doing.
This latest set is no exception. This is a very common thing portrayed here. Trying to run while being as low to the ground as possible!!
J
alain57
Visit this Community
Vienne, France
KitMaker: 45 posts
Armorama: 33 posts
Posted: Sunday, May 22, 2016 - 08:44 PM UTC
encore un superbe jeux de figurines vietnam juste un petit regret sur les premiers ensemble rumble in jungle on avait les sacs a dos et les casques les nouvelles reference
B6-35057 GET ON LINE ne les possedes pas
j'ai la reference 35057 elle est tres belle et les details sont ecxellent encore bravo vladi pour ces figurines qui vont agrandir mon diorama vietnam
stufer
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, May 22, 2016 - 08:59 PM UTC

Quoted Text

encore un superbe jeux de figurines vietnam juste un petit regret sur les premiers ensemble rumble in jungle on avait les sacs a dos et les casques les nouvelles reference
B6-35057 GET ON LINE ne les possedes pas
j'ai la reference 35057 elle est tres belle et les details sont ecxellent encore bravo vladi pour ces figurines qui vont agrandir mon diorama vietnam

If I'm understanding you correctly (it's been a long time since French GCSE!) you're wondering about the lack of equipment these guys are carrying.....
I think the whole 'rumble in the jungle' series lets you pick and choose what figures you want-troops being ambushed whilst at rest (so some may have rucksacks or may not be wearing helmets) or a platoon coming under fire whilst actively patrolling.I like the different choices and so will probably end up with all the series!!
pod3105
Visit this Community
Waterford, Ireland
KitMaker: 466 posts
Armorama: 444 posts
Posted: Sunday, May 22, 2016 - 09:44 PM UTC
Great potential for a Tet based idea or two I would think as well.
stufer
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, May 22, 2016 - 10:13 PM UTC
If you want Tet figures go for the USMC Tet '68 line that Bravo 6 do,unless you want to do a bit of resculpting (there are subtle differences between infantry and USMC gear,and that Tet '68 line is superb)
alain57
Visit this Community
Vienne, France
KitMaker: 45 posts
Armorama: 33 posts
Posted: Monday, May 23, 2016 - 12:59 AM UTC
chez moi on appel sa une question et pas un reproche
vladi se serait bien de faire un duo de soldat us mort au combat vue le nombre de marines mort pour rien pendant cette guerre
stufer
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, May 23, 2016 - 02:49 AM UTC
désolé, mais son difficile quand on n'a pas parlé français depuis de nombreuses années ! Je n'ai essayé d'expliquer pourquoi il y avait un manque d'équipement dans cette série
peut-être Vladi pourrait mieux expliquer?

(Any mistakes are thanks to Google translate!)
ReconTL3-1
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 726 posts
Armorama: 687 posts
Posted: Monday, May 23, 2016 - 08:43 AM UTC
Another excellent figure set, Vladi. Some insight concerning this set and the "Get on line!" set - these ser
ReconTL3-1
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 726 posts
Armorama: 687 posts
Posted: Monday, May 23, 2016 - 09:03 AM UTC
I got knocked off the page. As I was saying, I have some insight concerning the two sets I mentioned above...they are part of a series of US Army Infantrymen conducting fire and maneuver while attacking enemy positions. Many are based on actions conducted by 2d Battalion 47th Infantry (Mechanized) during Mini-Tet in May 1968. They are seemingly lightly equipped but that is because of their use in dioramas representing elements attacking after dropping their rucksacks so they can maneuver better or as dismounted mechanized Infantrymen. Not only is Vladimir a very talented sculptor, he has a passion for the subject and getting the small details correct. He does extensive research and has a few subject matter experts he consults with from time to time. The results of his efforts are the remarkable figures he creates in realistic poses and accurate uniforms and equipment.
stufer
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, May 23, 2016 - 11:36 AM UTC
Cheers for the clarification! Bravo 6 are setting the standard
jrutman
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 7,941 posts
Armorama: 7,934 posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 24, 2016 - 02:02 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I got knocked off the page. As I was saying, I have some insight concerning the two sets I mentioned above...they are part of a series of US Army Infantrymen conducting fire and maneuver while attacking enemy positions. Many are based on actions conducted by 2d Battalion 47th Infantry (Mechanized) during Mini-Tet in May 1968. They are seemingly lightly equipped but that is because of their use in dioramas representing elements attacking after dropping their rucksacks so they can maneuver better or as dismounted mechanized Infantrymen. Not only is Vladimir a very talented sculptor, he has a passion for the subject and getting the small details correct. He does extensive research and has a few subject matter experts he consults with from time to time. The results of his efforts are the remarkable figures he creates in realistic poses and accurate uniforms and equipment.

Yeah!!! What HE said!!
J
 _GOTOTOP