_GOTOBOTTOM
Figures
Military figures of all shapes and sizes.
News
Scale 75: Heads and Boxes
varanusk
Staff MemberManaging Editor
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
Santa Cruz de Tenerife, Spain / Espaņa
KitMaker: 1,288 posts
Armorama: 942 posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 06, 2016 - 03:19 AM UTC

Scale 75 sells now 1/35 heads for German figures, and adds a second set of boxes and ammunition for 75mm guns.

Read the Full News Story

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!
Biggles2
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
KitMaker: 7,600 posts
Armorama: 6,110 posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 06, 2016 - 03:56 AM UTC
Great CAD renderings!
FJCabeza
Visit this Community
Spain / Espaņa
KitMaker: 111 posts
Armorama: 104 posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 06, 2016 - 06:49 PM UTC
These heads look good, they depart from the classic Hornet ones...
Biggles2
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
Posted: Wednesday, July 06, 2016 - 08:42 PM UTC
Yes, but they all have a similar stern-gaze-into-the-distance look. I like Hornet (except for their high price) for their individual and personalized expressions - fear; shock; laughing; sleeping; eating; anger; etc. Some people have argued that the expressions are exaggerated or even "goofy", but I believe that is for the benefit of the painter - not every modeller can paint a convincing expression on an expressionless face.
bill_c
Staff MemberCampaigns Administrator
MODEL SHIPWRIGHTS
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 10,553 posts
Armorama: 8,109 posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 06, 2016 - 08:45 PM UTC
Not sure about a random selection, but good in theory. The CAD images are very strong, but will the product live up to them?
easyco69
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 2,275 posts
Armorama: 2,233 posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 06, 2016 - 09:11 PM UTC
looks good
Yankasippi
Visit this Community
Mississippi, United States
KitMaker: 134 posts
Armorama: 133 posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 06, 2016 - 10:16 PM UTC
Scale75 can do anything it wants without any need to listen to me. But as a matter of creative and helpful criticism, I would do away with the stern faces and the comic book types in favor of looking at the myriad photos of real German soldiers in which most look like regular guys than propaganda or comic book types, AND of those "most" most are QUITE youthful looking. But if Superhero types are what they want, due to the historical nature of the image of the SS man as Undefeatable Superhero is not good to repeat. Heck, Hornet heads and some of the Stalingrad figures have some of the most realistic(ish) youthful heads, and variety. And Alpine turned toy soldiers into models of real looking people, vying for super creativity against any cad or 3d photo/printed models yet to come along. Scale75 needs to do better for me to buy product.
JFeder504
Visit this Community
Nord, France
KitMaker: 60 posts
Armorama: 60 posts
Posted: Thursday, July 07, 2016 - 01:14 PM UTC
I agree with opinions above about heads... I want to add that if the boxes are something for KwK40 ammo ( PzIV lang, Hetzer, Jagdpanzer IV L/48, StuG IV ), they are poor rendition of what they should be.

Eric GEORGE
Biggles2
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
Posted: Thursday, July 07, 2016 - 06:46 PM UTC
Not bashing them 100% - they will definitely have a use. But as been pointed out, they look too much like the stereo-typical Heer or Waffen-SS fellows in Nazi recruitment/propaganda posters. I can see a mini-vignette with a figure in dramatic pose with one of the above heads, posing for a Kriegsberichter photographer.
Biggles2
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
Posted: Thursday, July 07, 2016 - 06:58 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Not sure about a random selection, but good in theory.

I prefer groups in plain helmets; helmets with covers; DAK caps/Feldmutzes (yes, I know the Feldmutze was not the same as the DAK cap, but similar); etc. That way, with one purchase, you get several similarly-attired heads.
 _GOTOTOP