_GOTOBOTTOM
Figures
Military figures of all shapes and sizes.
News
MiniArt: US Resting Soldiers
varanusk
Staff MemberManaging Editor
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
Santa Cruz de Tenerife, Spain / España
KitMaker: 1,288 posts
Armorama: 942 posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 23, 2016 - 11:58 AM UTC

The new set of figures from MiniArt represents five US soldiers from WWII resting in relaxed positions.

Read the Full News Story

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!
erichvon
Visit this Community
England - East Midlands, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,694 posts
Armorama: 1,584 posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 23, 2016 - 01:05 PM UTC
These look to be really useful figures. As I mainly build figures I always look at them to see how I could use them in a dio. My immediate thought is chilling on a bank next to a road being passed by armour or even the two GI's playing cards on a tank's rear deck. They'd be equally at home in a town squre waiting for orders or in a defensive position. It's not very often that a box of figures opens up that many possibilities at first glance. I look forward to getting my hands on a couple of boxes of these. I very rarely delve into US subjects but I'm tempted by these due to the possibilities with them.
CMOT
Staff MemberEditor-in-Chief
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 10,954 posts
Armorama: 8,571 posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 23, 2016 - 01:20 PM UTC
I am really looking forward to this figure set due to its originality. the poses are very natural and lend themselves to a wide range of settings.
panorama
Visit this Community
Germany
KitMaker: 254 posts
Armorama: 253 posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 23, 2016 - 02:17 PM UTC
definitely agree! A must have for me!
panorama
Visit this Community
Germany
KitMaker: 254 posts
Armorama: 253 posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 23, 2016 - 02:18 PM UTC
Thanx Miniart for surprising us again and again in a positive way
Greenmachine
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 129 posts
Armorama: 122 posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 23, 2016 - 04:15 PM UTC
Kudos to Miniart for originality in subjects.
hanb7323
Visit this Community
Daejeon, Korea / 대한민국
KitMaker: 408 posts
Armorama: 407 posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 23, 2016 - 05:07 PM UTC
Good good
bilbobee
Visit this Community
Minnesota, United States
KitMaker: 414 posts
Armorama: 406 posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 23, 2016 - 05:11 PM UTC
I agree with with everyone, very original poses, the magazines and papers are over the top. thanks miniart!!
parrot
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 1,607 posts
Armorama: 1,581 posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 23, 2016 - 06:01 PM UTC
Love these.have to get at least 2.
jrutman
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 7,941 posts
Armorama: 7,934 posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 23, 2016 - 06:44 PM UTC
Ditto to all of the above!
Biggles2
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
KitMaker: 7,600 posts
Armorama: 6,110 posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 23, 2016 - 07:07 PM UTC
MiniArt's head sculpting seem to be much improved! Or is it just the talent of the painter?
M4A1Sherman
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 4,403 posts
Armorama: 4,078 posts
Posted: Wednesday, August 24, 2016 - 12:47 AM UTC

Quoted Text

MiniArt's head sculpting seem to be much improved! Or is it just the talent of the painter?

Hi, Biggs!

I suspect that it's probably a bit of both.

Hello, to All!

This new US Figure set is very welcome, as is evidenced by all of the positive remarks in this thread.

The poses are very "true to life", in very natural and relaxed positions- A VERY WELCOME detail, as so many figures out there are molded or cast in stilted, "ramrod-stiff" poses. Love the guys playing cards, sleeping or dozing, reading the magazine, and having a smoke! GREAT STUFF!!!

Please don't misconstrue what I'm about to say- I'm tickled pink over this new WWII GI set, but I wish that MINIART would release another set or two of GIs "At Rest", dressed in the earlier-style Combat Uniforms, namely the M1938 Dismounted Leggings (both styles- with 12 "eyelets" and the shorter versions, with 8 "eyelets") OD Wool Service Trousers, HBT Combat Trousers and the 1941-issue "Parsons" Jackets. This earlier style Combat uniform was worn by GIs throughout WWII, and well past May, 1945...

In this new MINIART set, there is one GI, (the one reading the "LIFE" Magazine) wearing the Leggings and the OD Wool Combat Trousers, but if you look closer, he's wearing the M1943 Combat Jacket, so he's actually a "composite" of both Combat Uniform-types. There are two more GIs that are wearing the M1943 Combat Jackets, M1943 Combat Boots, and OD Wool Service Trousers. The remaining two Figures are garbed entirely in M1943 articles of clothing.

I'm sure that this new set of GIs will prove to be very popular...
bill_c
Staff MemberCampaigns Administrator
MODEL SHIPWRIGHTS
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 10,553 posts
Armorama: 8,109 posts
Posted: Wednesday, August 24, 2016 - 12:59 AM UTC
I hope you Allied hounds will stop baying a bit now that some very excellent MiniArt figures are dropping.
27-1025
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 1,281 posts
Armorama: 1,222 posts
Posted: Wednesday, August 24, 2016 - 01:33 AM UTC
I'll be happy to snag 3 or 4 sets of these when they come out. The big problem for me has been finding a US vendor that consistently carries MiniArt.
ULIX-VM
Visit this Community
Puerto Rico
KitMaker: 834 posts
Armorama: 649 posts
Posted: Wednesday, August 24, 2016 - 02:13 AM UTC
one more kit about ww2. in us army uniforms.
M4A1Sherman
Visit this Community
New York, United States
Posted: Wednesday, August 24, 2016 - 02:31 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I hope you Allied hounds will stop baying a bit now that some very excellent MiniArt figures are dropping.

"OW-WOOOOOO!!! OW-WOOOOOOOOO!!!
M4A1Sherman
Visit this Community
New York, United States
Posted: Wednesday, August 24, 2016 - 02:32 AM UTC

Quoted Text

one more kit about ww2. in us army uniforms.

THANK YOU, ULISES!!!
Scouteyes
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 247 posts
Armorama: 208 posts
Posted: Wednesday, August 24, 2016 - 02:59 AM UTC
Would be a good mix with Dragon's US Army tank riders.
gatorbait
Visit this Community
Louisiana, United States
KitMaker: 252 posts
Armorama: 201 posts
Posted: Wednesday, August 24, 2016 - 04:28 AM UTC
I'm one of those thrilled to see the M1943 combat uniforms , I am so tired of the leggings on every GI . Personally I'd love to see a set in the HBT fatigues and the M-1943 combat boot. Operation Dragoon, ,Okinawa were two operations that Parsons jackets weren't seen .
erichvon
Visit this Community
England - East Midlands, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,694 posts
Armorama: 1,584 posts
Posted: Wednesday, August 24, 2016 - 11:11 AM UTC
Is Ulix-VM experimenting with drugs or stopped taking his medication as he keeps popping and up making random pointless comments
Bravo1102
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 2,864 posts
Armorama: 2,497 posts
Posted: Wednesday, August 24, 2016 - 11:24 AM UTC
Almost positive that I have seen these poses in wartime photos. So very natural. And it's about time we got a figure of a GI sitting on his helmet.
ALBOWIE
Visit this Community
New South Wales, Australia
KitMaker: 1,605 posts
Armorama: 1,565 posts
Posted: Wednesday, August 24, 2016 - 01:24 PM UTC
A very useful set
stufer
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 416 posts
Armorama: 342 posts
Posted: Wednesday, August 24, 2016 - 02:12 PM UTC

Playing the M4A1Sherman drinking game at the moment-Take a shot of the spirit of your choice whenever 'M1938 leggings' is mentioned in the comments section of any figure announcement post....

I'm very very drunk right now

For a slight variation try 'M8 HMC' in the armor section,works every time......

Nice figures btw,as someone else remarked,may go nicely with DML's tank riders
M4A1Sherman
Visit this Community
New York, United States
Posted: Wednesday, August 24, 2016 - 02:33 PM UTC

Quoted Text

I'm one of those thrilled to see the M1943 combat uniforms , I am so tired of the leggings on every GI . Personally I'd love to see a set in the HBT fatigues and the M-1943 combat boot. Operation Dragoon, ,Okinawa were two operations that Parsons jackets weren't seen .

You're exaggerating- Not "EVERY GI" Figure out there is wearing the M1938 Leggings. If you check the ratio of 1/35 US WWII Figures in M1943 garb versus the earlier Uniform types, I think you'll find that GIs dressed in the M1943 Uniforms outnumber the earlier uniforms. I know what I'm talking about, because I have at least ONE single Figure and Figure set of each, and many, many multiples of said WWII GI and US Marine Figures, including many which aren't even manufactured anymore, such as the Figures which were manufactured by YANKS, WARRIORS, CUSTOM DIORAMICS, etc...

Re: "DRAGOON" and "Okinawa"- That's TWO campaigns out of how many others..? Just for giggles, what about the "TORCH" Landings, the campaigns in Oran, Tunisia, Morocco, Sicily, Italy, Normandy and all across France, Belgium, the "Bulge", and into Germany well past VE Day..? I suppose they count for NOTHING... And then there's Stateside, not to mention the "standard" Combat Service garb worn by GIs prior to Spring, 1942, including the WWI-style "Kelly" Helmets... Check your references...

AGREE, as far as the HBT Two-piece uniforms are concerned, but GIs (AND Marines) didn't like them. The Marines' HBTs were of a slightly different design, BTW. The HBTs were too light in cold weather, and in hot weather they soaked up sweat to very uncomfortable levels. Also, when the HBTs got wet, as in amphibious operations and constant rain, such as at Cape Gloucester, Guadalcanal, and Normandy, the HBTs became exceedingly heavy and uncomfortable. Nevertheless, the HBTs shouldn't be ignored, either. And what about the BLUE Denim Work Jacket and Trousers..? I'd also like to see GIs at work in said "Work Denims" and the HBT two-piece & single-piece, (first and second patterns), Coveralls. "Daisy Mae" Hats in Denim and HBT are entirely in order, as well. The Denim "Daisy Maes" were manufactured with wider brims, BTW...

If you like the North-western Europe scene, as I do, check out the MASTER BOX "Move, move, move!!!" US Soldiers, Operation Overlord period, 1944 set, NoMB35130, which depicts US GIs in a combination of HBT Combat Trousers, "Parsons" Jackets and M1938 (12 "eyelet") Leggings. On the flip side of the box, some of the Figures are shown painted with OLIVE DRAB Trousers, which is incorrect, because the OD Service Trousers were never made with "Patch Pockets". Patch Pockets were a distinctive feature of HBT Trousers, M1942 Parachute Jumper's Trousers, and M1943 Combat Trousers. The running Figures in this set are all wearing the HBT Trousers, which were manufactured in a distinctive color of Grayish-Green, (as opposed to OD), featuring the "Herringbone" weave...

As I've said before, I'm tickled pink to see this new set of GIs from MINIART, M1943 garb notwithstanding. Fortunately for me, I can easily convert the Figures in the M1943 clothing to the earlier types, what with my huge stock of US Figure parts and my sculpting skills. However, I plan on buying multiples of this new Figure set, so some of them will remain just as they are out of the box, as far as the clothing is concerned. Of course, they'll ALL receive my standard "undercutting" of the clothing, as well as new Heads from HORNET-WOLF, ALPINE, et al...
Hisham
Visit this Community
Al Qahirah, Egypt / لعربية
KitMaker: 6,856 posts
Armorama: 6,363 posts
Posted: Wednesday, August 24, 2016 - 03:04 PM UTC
Almost one whole year ago - Thread

Hisham
 _GOTOTOP