_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV
For discussions on tanks, artillery, jeeps, etc.
News
Amusing Hobby: Jagdpanther II
slug955
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 195 posts
Armorama: 175 posts
Posted: Wednesday, September 21, 2016 - 03:13 PM UTC
I quite fancy a bit of cross kitting. Slap a Panther G (Steel Wheels) hull on this chassis and this superstructure on the Panther G chassis and you have the basis of a Panther II and Panther Zerstorer. And here for Christmas....happy days.
M4A1Sherman
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 4,403 posts
Armorama: 4,078 posts
Posted: Thursday, September 22, 2016 - 05:41 PM UTC

Quoted Text

I quite fancy a bit of cross kitting. Slap a Panther G (Steel Wheels) hull on this chassis and this superstructure on the Panther G chassis and you have the basis of a Panther II and Panther Zerstorer. And here for Christmas....happy days.

Well, I'm happy for you guys-

As for myself, it's only mildly interesting subject-matter, but that's just me, being a US/Allied fan who isn't into "Paper-Panzers", very much...

Conversely, I DO like what DRAGON has been doing with their new and up-coming Hetzer-based vehicles, and the new "Bergehetzer" coming from THUNDER MODEL...
colonelmustard
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 20 posts
Armorama: 15 posts
Posted: Saturday, September 24, 2016 - 06:59 AM UTC
I have come to the conclusion that a lot of people have negative feelings about manufacturers producing kits of tanks that didn't actually exist. So called "paper panzers". My opinion regards the matter is quite simple, if it's not to someone's liking, they can choose to place all their efforts on a kit they do like. Amusing Hobby has found a gap in the market for a series of kits that some of us would be interested in purchasing. All the existing panzers have been produced in all sorts of variations over and over again. Would their critics prefer that Amusing Hobby produce a Tiger or Panther instead..?
m4sherman
Visit this Community
Arizona, United States
KitMaker: 1,866 posts
Armorama: 1,808 posts
Posted: Saturday, September 24, 2016 - 07:46 AM UTC

Quoted Text

From the size of the casemate I'd say it had only 10 rounds maximum.

Nah, at least 14. Everybody in the crew holds one in their lap.

As a fan of the What IF, it looks interestingly promising.
 _GOTOTOP