_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV
For discussions on tanks, artillery, jeeps, etc.
News
ICM: Ambulance and Infantry are Ready
varanusk
Staff MemberManaging Editor
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
Santa Cruz de Tenerife, Spain / España
KitMaker: 1,288 posts
Armorama: 942 posts
Posted: Friday, September 30, 2016 - 03:19 AM UTC

The latest products announced from ICM are already available them. Therefore it will no be long before we see both the Model T 1917 Ambulance and German Infantry (1939-1942) at the shelves (real or virtual)

Read the Full News Story

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!
Biggles2
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
KitMaker: 7,600 posts
Armorama: 6,110 posts
Posted: Friday, September 30, 2016 - 03:31 AM UTC
Hey! The guy who's pointing isn't an officer, only a Feldwebel. Must be in an officer training course, and the officer is grading his performance in pointing. I like the ambulance. With a little scratch-building a whole variety of vehicles based on that chassis can be made.
66fastback
Visit this Community
Oregon, United States
KitMaker: 65 posts
Armorama: 61 posts
Posted: Friday, September 30, 2016 - 05:50 AM UTC
yeah you are right but i'm concerned now. Does this means the average of soldiers versus pointer is getting lower?
Headhunter506
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 1,575 posts
Armorama: 1,509 posts
Posted: Friday, September 30, 2016 - 06:47 AM UTC
That doesn't depict an officer training course. If it did, there would be four figures pointing in different directions showing which way is North. Ask Gino.
M4A1Sherman
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 4,403 posts
Armorama: 4,078 posts
Posted: Friday, September 30, 2016 - 08:04 AM UTC

Quoted Text

That doesn't depict an officer training course. If it did, there would be four figures pointing in different directions showing which way is North. Ask Gino.

Oh dear...

Hey, Joe! I LIKE your photo of Abe Reles- Are you from Brooklyn..?
Headhunter506
Visit this Community
New York, United States
Posted: Friday, September 30, 2016 - 08:44 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Oh dear...

I guess you forgot our PM conversation, Dennis.

Of course I'm from Brooklyn. Who else would know about the leader of the Brownsville Boys? I'm an old Dupont Streeter from Greenpernt, from the other (good ) side of McCarren Park. You being a Northside guy, we should meet up at the Turkey's Nest on Bedford & N. 12th for a couple of cold ones the next time you're in the neighborhood. I was going to invite you for a chow mein sandwich and an egg cream at the Greek's on Bedford & Lorimer, across from Mike's Pool Hall by McCarren; unfortunately, both closed years ago. So did Goodman's (Sept. 24th), Stop Inn (1986), Gerke's (1994), Von Dohlen's and New Garden.
M4A1Sherman
Visit this Community
New York, United States
Posted: Friday, September 30, 2016 - 08:55 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Hey! The guy who's pointing isn't an officer, only a Feldwebel. Must be in an officer training course, and the officer is grading his performance in pointing. I like the ambulance. With a little scratch-building a whole variety of vehicles based on that chassis can be made.

Hi, Biggs!

You know, if you want to make the Officer "point" in this set, just switch the arms on the two figures, but remember to scribe or under-cut a sleeve cuff into the Feldwebel's sleeve in order to make the Officer's new arm "correct" for the Officer's "Tuchrock". By the same token, the Officer's arm, which has now been grafted onto the Feldwebel, will have to have the sleeve cuff's under-cut filled in...

M4A1Sherman
Visit this Community
New York, United States
Posted: Friday, September 30, 2016 - 09:17 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Oh dear...

I guess you forgot our PM conversation, Dennis.

Of course I'm from Brooklyn. Who else would know about the leader of the Brownsville Boys? I'm an old Dupont Streeter from Greenpernt, from the other (good ) side of McCarren Park. You being a Northside guy, we should meet up at the Turkey's Nest on Bedford & N. 12th for a couple of cold ones the next time you're in the neighborhood. I was going to invite you for a chow mein sandwich and an egg cream at the Greek's on Bedford & Lorimer, across from Mike's Pool Hall by McCarren; unfortunately, both closed years ago. So did Goodman's (Sept. 24th), Stop Inn (1986), Gerke's (1994), Von Dohlen's and New Garden.

Ahhh, "Da GOOD Ol' Days! Moiduh, Incawporated!"

Wow, take me back to my childhood! All those GREAT old places! Boy do I ever remember those HOT, HOT, HOT Summer days at McCarren Park! My Cousin George and I also used to "hoof it" down to the docks on the East River to watch the Ships and Tugs, and watch the BEDT (Brooklyn Eastern District Terminal) Crews handle the Freight Cars that had just been off-loaded from the Barges- Pfizer, Domino Sugar, Texaco Tank Cars, YOU NAME IT!!!

I can remember some of my very first models were bought for me by my parents down at the Woolworth's on Manhattan Avenue, and also at the Woolworth's underneath the Jamaica Avenue Line El, just a short way up from Havermeyer Street!

I think I would KILL for a knish, right about now. Is Vinny's Pizza still around..? Or Holy Ghost Ukrainian Catholic Church on North 5th, between Bedford and Driggs? PS 17..? Automotive High School..?

We lived at 78 Berry Street, between North 9th and North 10th... I heard that the old neighborhood has become a REAL YUPPIE place, now... Sad, they have NO IDEA of what they missed...
Headhunter506
Visit this Community
New York, United States
Posted: Friday, September 30, 2016 - 10:01 AM UTC
Holy Ghost is still open. We attend Mass in all of the remaining parishes in Greenpoint and Willy B. at least once during the month, for old times' sake and to support them. Vinny's is still serving up great slices. P.S. 17 is still edumacating the yoots of the neighborhood. Automotive has been reduced in size to accommodate three or four "academies" within the same building.

Ah, Woolworth's...located on the ground floor of Keramos Hall, across the street from St. Anthony's. Remember when Martin Paints took over the space after Woolworth's closed? After shopping at Woolworth's, you could go to Loft's, down the block for chocolates (chawklats), Europa Restaurant across from Halpern-Perlow, Debbie's by Meserole Ave. or Meyer's on Manhattan & Greenpoint for lunch, Charlotte Russe or ice cream. Did you go to Jack's Hobby Shop on Nassau Ave., between Leonard & Eckford? My friends and I used to go there regularly. We'd spend hours looking at all the great model kits along the wall on the left side of the store. Mrs. Zelten, aka Mrs. Jack, always would say, "Ach, Mein Gott!!! Vat happens first, you buy something or I drop dead?!?" My usual reply was, "You dropping dead", at which she would yell at us to get out "But, first you pay!"
Paulinsibculo
Visit this Community
Overijssel, Netherlands
KitMaker: 1,322 posts
Armorama: 1,239 posts
Posted: Friday, September 30, 2016 - 10:10 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Holy Ghost is still open. We attend Mass in all of the remaining parishes in Greenpoint and Willy B. at least once during the month, for old times' sake and to support them. Vinny's is still serving up great slices. P.S. 17 is still edumacating the yoots of the neighborhood. Automotive has been reduced in size to accommodate three or four "academies" within the same building.

Ah, Woolworth's...located on the ground floor of Keramos Hall, across the street from St. Anthony's. Remember when Martin Paints took over the space after Woolworth's closed? After shopping at Woolworth's, you could go to Loft's, down the block for chocolates (chawklats), Europa Restaurant across from Halpern-Perlow, Debbie's by Meserole Ave. or Meyer's on Manhattan & Greenpoint for lunch, Charlotte Russe or ice cream. Did you go to Jack's Hobby Shop on Nassau Ave., between Leonard & Eckford? My friends and I used to go there regularly. We'd spend hours looking at all the great model kits along the wall on the left side of the store. Mrs. Zelten, aka Mrs. Jack, always would say, "Ach, Mein Gott!!! Vat happens first, you buy something or I drop dead?!?" My usual reply was, "You dropping dead", at which she would yell at us to get out "But, first you pay!"

????

Headhunter506
Visit this Community
New York, United States
Posted: Friday, September 30, 2016 - 10:19 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

????

Yeah, well, pointing styrene soldiers gets old pretty fast.
Biggles2
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
KitMaker: 7,600 posts
Armorama: 6,110 posts
Posted: Friday, September 30, 2016 - 08:06 PM UTC
Maybe that's the "Finger of Doom" Wonderweapon the Nazi's were still developing, and they're just practicing aiming.
Headhunter506
Visit this Community
New York, United States
Posted: Friday, September 30, 2016 - 08:43 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Maybe that's the "Finger of Doom" Wonderweapon the Nazi's were still developing, and they're just practicing aiming.

He's pointing in the direction of the Woolworth's on Manhattan Ave.
Me109G10
Visit this Community
Baden-Württemberg, Germany
KitMaker: 107 posts
Armorama: 91 posts
Posted: Friday, September 30, 2016 - 09:44 PM UTC
whats going on with Manhatten Yeah, not really pleased by the pointing, still I really like them ICM figures. Will buy a set greetings from Germany boys
Headhunter506
Visit this Community
New York, United States
Posted: Friday, September 30, 2016 - 10:49 PM UTC
It's hip! It's groovy! It's so Like, Yah!! So will you by wearing this limited edition (1 of 47,387) artisinal, handcrafted, locally produced from genuine Newtown Creek stinkweed fiber designer tee shirt! Make a fashion statement today! Available at Quaid's Coney Island Whitefish Stand in the back of the room. Don't wait until it's too late! Get it before it's gone!

bilbobee
Visit this Community
Minnesota, United States
KitMaker: 414 posts
Armorama: 406 posts
Posted: Saturday, October 01, 2016 - 07:49 AM UTC
News for you New York boys, The NYC's Iconic Carnegie Deli Is closing down at the end of the Year. Where are you going to get your Pastrami sandwich FIX at. I can't believe NYC would let this happen!
Headhunter506
Visit this Community
New York, United States
Posted: Saturday, October 01, 2016 - 09:21 AM UTC

Quoted Text

News for you New York boys, The NYC's Iconic Carnegie Deli Is closing down at the end of the Year. Where are you going to get your Pastrami sandwich FIX at. I can't believe NYC would let this happen!

NYC has nothing to do with the closing. It was the owner's choice. The family still will operate in Bethlehem, Pa. and Vegas, in addition to licensed products.

Carnegie wasn't the be all-end all for sandwiches. We still have Katz's and 2nd Avenue Delis in Manhattan and a bunch of great kosher delis in Brooklyn and Queens. The natives know where to go. It's the interloping, playcationing foodie transplants from Flyoverlandia who will be up the creek without a paddle since an overwhelming majority don't know the city outside of Manhattan north of Union Square or Greenpoint-Williamsburg-Western Bushwick and won'travel to areas not serviced by the L train.

I've stopped at Brothers Deli on S. 6th St. in Minneapolis. Good pastrami; but, the bread is super dry and not enough garlic in the pickles.
Paulinsibculo
Visit this Community
Overijssel, Netherlands
KitMaker: 1,322 posts
Armorama: 1,239 posts
Posted: Saturday, October 01, 2016 - 01:12 PM UTC

M4A1Sherman
Visit this Community
New York, United States
Posted: Saturday, October 01, 2016 - 08:03 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Oh C'MON, WILL YA? Dis tawk is amongk us BVOOKLYN BOYS!!!

GOD, DO I EVER MISS THE FOOD!!! Even the BREAD! We only have that COTTON $#!+ that comes in PLASTIC BAGS in MY neck of the woods! Upstate New York HAS NO IDEA of what "real" food actually tastes like. On the corner of Berry Street and North 9th Street, we had Wojciek's Polish Bakery! The smell, OH, THE SMELL of Fresh Polish Rye that is embedded in my poor, tortured brain STILL transports me into DELIRIOUS ECSTASY!!! And, in my not-at-all-humble opinion, New York City-style Pizza is THE pizza to eat, PERIOD!!!

And HERE is my proclamation to the un-initiated:

There is NOTHING like New York City, if you know where to look...

PS- Jack's Hobby; YES!!!
M4A1Sherman
Visit this Community
New York, United States
Posted: Saturday, October 01, 2016 - 08:19 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

NYC has nothing to do with the closing. It was the owner's choice. The family still will operate in Bethlehem, Pa. and Vegas, in addition to licensed products.

Carnegie wasn't the be all-end all for sandwiches. We still have Katz's and 2nd Avenue Delis in Manhattan and a bunch of great kosher delis in Brooklyn and Queens. The natives know where to go. It's the interloping, playcationing foodie transplants from Flyoverlandia who will be up the creek without a paddle since an overwhelming majority don't know the city outside of Manhattan north of Union Square or Greenpoint-Williamsburg-Western Bushwick and won'travel to areas not serviced by the L train.

I've stopped at Brothers Deli on S. 6th St. in Minneapolis. Good pastrami; but, the bread is super dry and not enough garlic in the pickles.

HEAR, HEAR!!!

Even a simple stroll through Greenpoint's McCarren Park on a Summer's day can be a very pleasant and relaxing experience...

One of my fondest memories of NYC & Brooklyn, (Yes, many of us Brooklynites STILL regard Brooklyn as a separate city from the other conglomeration of Boroughs), was that if you suddenly got an appetite, you could choose from up to AT LEAST a half-dozen different ethnic restaurants within a 4-block radius- An' I ain't tawkin' phony ones, eithuh! I'm tawkin' DA REAL DING, BABY!!!

The TRANSPLANTS that open up these "New York City-style food emporiums" that Joe is referring to, HAVEN'T GOT A SINGLE CLUE of what REAL ethnic food is supposed to taste like; how can ANYTHING that is supposed to taste like a REAL Italian, German, Polish, Ukrainian, Russian, Chinese, or (insert ethnicity here), dinner, when the owner/operator's name is Smith, O'Connor, or Olsson..? It just doesn't work- Sorry, I much prefer the real thing... Dem uhdduh guys is just meah pvetenduhs..!
bilbobee
Visit this Community
Minnesota, United States
KitMaker: 414 posts
Armorama: 406 posts
Posted: Saturday, October 01, 2016 - 08:32 PM UTC
Joe your right on about Brothers deli in MN. Terrible sandwiches, Brothers Deli use to have 16 outlets in Mn, North Dakota. They had to sell all of them in the 80's. Then they later opened in downtown Mn. Dennis I agree 100 % about new york style pizza. There is no other choice! New york eatery's have always led usa in great food places.
M4A1Sherman
Visit this Community
New York, United States
Posted: Saturday, October 01, 2016 - 08:42 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Joe your right on about Brothers deli in MN. Terrible sandwiches, Brothers Deli use to have 16 outlets in Mn, North Dakota. They had to sell all of them in the 80's. Then they later opened in downtown Mn. Dennis I agree 100 % about new york style pizza. There is no other choice! New york eatery's have always led usa in great food places.

Thank You, Phil!

Then again, there are some damned FINE Swedish eating places in Minnesota, too! And some of the real "Mom & Pop"-diners and restaurants down in the Pennsylvania Dutch Country have some REEEALLY GREAT dishes on THEIR menus, too! Don't get me going on Texas or St.Louis B-B-Q, either!

But still, and all, NYC is my favorite for an appetite!
Headhunter506
Visit this Community
New York, United States
Posted: Saturday, October 01, 2016 - 08:44 PM UTC

Quoted Text

:D whats going on with Manhatten Yeah, not really pleased by the pointing, still I really like them ICM figures. Will buy a set greetings from Germany boys

There's too much finger pointing going on these days and ICM is contributing to it.
M4A1Sherman
Visit this Community
New York, United States
Posted: Saturday, October 01, 2016 - 09:06 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

:D whats going on with Manhatten Yeah, not really pleased by the pointing, still I really like them ICM figures. Will buy a set greetings from Germany boys

There's too much finger pointing going on these days and ICM is contributing to it.

Hey! We forgot Yonah Shimmel's down on the Lower East Side!!!
Headhunter506
Visit this Community
New York, United States
Posted: Saturday, October 01, 2016 - 09:36 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Hey! We forgot Yonah Shimmel's down on the Lower East Side!!!

Nevah fuhgot about Yonah's! Whenever I go there, I'll buy a dozen different potato knishes and the same number of chocolate and cherry ones to throw into the freezer.
 _GOTOTOP