_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV
For discussions on tanks, artillery, jeeps, etc.
News
Italeri: Model Kit Preview 2017
tatbaqui
Staff MemberNews Writer
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
Metro Manila, Philippines
KitMaker: 2,713 posts
Armorama: 2,451 posts
Posted: Thursday, February 02, 2017 - 06:05 AM UTC

Italeri makes available its list of kits slated for release this year. Featured are modeling subjects such as aircraft, helicopters, cars, trucks, ships, to name a few. Here we list down what is ahead in terms of 1/35 armor and soft-skins.

Read the Full News Story

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!
Thatcanucklehead
Visit this Community
Canada
KitMaker: 11 posts
Armorama: 11 posts
Posted: Thursday, February 02, 2017 - 06:42 AM UTC
Seems to be mostly rereleases.Oh well
Jmarles
Visit this Community
British Columbia, Canada
KitMaker: 1,138 posts
Armorama: 953 posts
Posted: Thursday, February 02, 2017 - 08:38 AM UTC
Pretty much all re-releases, some going back to the Peerless/Max days. But the Kangaroo will be a welcome return for many.
MikeyBugs95
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 2,210 posts
Armorama: 1,712 posts
Posted: Thursday, February 02, 2017 - 09:17 AM UTC
So basically most are re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-releases.
Jmarles
Visit this Community
British Columbia, Canada
Posted: Thursday, February 02, 2017 - 10:28 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Lol, yeh.. the RSO and Panzer IV were both Max/ Peerless Max kits. I think they went under before the Panzer IV was widely released but the kit is pictured on the side of some Peerless Max kits. The Kangaroo is old, a bit crude but kind of cool. I bought one on ebay for $25 a while back. I wonder what the modern crew figures will look like?
Bravo1102
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 2,864 posts
Armorama: 2,497 posts
Posted: Thursday, February 02, 2017 - 11:22 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Lol, yeh.. the RSO and Panzer IV were both Max/ Peerless Max kits. I think they went under before the Panzer IV was widely released but the kit is pictured on the side of some Peerless Max kits. The Kangaroo is old, a bit crude but kind of cool. I bought one on ebay for $25 a while back. I wonder what the modern crew figures will look like?

The Pzkpfw IV has always been Italeri and goes back to the 1970s. It was the best Pzkpfw IV into the 1990s.

However I would be very leery of the figures as they all look like the ancient Esci figures which were not bad in 1978 but so were leisure suits and permed hair.

By the way, surprised no one noticed that the pictured M32 has a welded M4 hull and is not their previous M32B1 which was based on the cast hull M4A1. So are they doing a new hull or using Dragon parts? Or just yanking our chain?
Biggles2
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
KitMaker: 7,600 posts
Armorama: 6,110 posts
Posted: Thursday, February 02, 2017 - 11:34 AM UTC
Well, there's the Bergepanther everyone's begging for.
Hederstierna
Visit this Community
Nordjylland, Denmark
KitMaker: 1,102 posts
Armorama: 1,018 posts
Posted: Thursday, February 02, 2017 - 12:45 PM UTC
Bibbles2: Sorry to break it to you, but that's NOT the Bergepanther everyone's been waiting for
We want an accurate and new tooled kit, thank you very much
Jacob
erichvon
Visit this Community
England - East Midlands, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,694 posts
Armorama: 1,584 posts
Posted: Thursday, February 02, 2017 - 12:50 PM UTC
It's a shame that they're all re-releases but there are a couple in there I'll probably pick up like the Sdfz10 with Pak 38 and the RSO. I sometimes think Italeri get a raw deal from some modellers but I have to admit I quite like their kits. They're inexpensive and with a bit of work can be turned into a really nice model. I can't understand why they've included figures with them to make them look more attractive a purchase as their figures have always been crap and that's being kind to them. If they're going to include figures as a selling point you'd think that they'd put in newly designed figures instead of 70's/80's blob men. I suppose it's spare arms for the abbatoir box while the rest can go on the bin. The one I'd like to see re-released is their late Tiger with zimmerit as that's a nice kit and about half the price of Dragon's.
Hohenstaufen
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 2,192 posts
Armorama: 1,615 posts
Posted: Thursday, February 02, 2017 - 03:21 PM UTC
If they're doing re-releases again, will we get the Sdkfz10 & LIG 75mm? They weren't absolutely awful kits, and were Esci moulds...Obviously not to modern standards though.
Paulinsibculo
Visit this Community
Overijssel, Netherlands
KitMaker: 1,322 posts
Armorama: 1,239 posts
Posted: Thursday, February 02, 2017 - 06:45 PM UTC
What a way to make some of us feel old!
They have all been on our work benches before, even before the start of the famous Verlinden days.........
Just wondering if the tooling has been looked at.
Nevertheless, these models may be affordable starter kits since hardly any other modeling manufacturer produces something that is a leveled combination of good pricing and good results ( at least in the eyes of beginning, joung modelers with less problems about a rivet too much or a groove at the wrong place.
alewar
Visit this Community
Canelones, Uruguay
KitMaker: 773 posts
Armorama: 765 posts
Posted: Thursday, February 02, 2017 - 07:02 PM UTC
They don't learn nothing with the M-24......
bill_c
Staff MemberCampaigns Administrator
MODEL SHIPWRIGHTS
Visit this Community
KitMaker: 10,553 posts
Armorama: 8,109 posts
Posted: Thursday, February 02, 2017 - 07:38 PM UTC
Yawn.
vettejack
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 1,277 posts
Armorama: 1,254 posts
Posted: Thursday, February 02, 2017 - 08:07 PM UTC
"Nothing to see here...keeps moving folks!"

The only kit they have of any build value, IMHO, is the M47...and even now they will get doubled slammed by the HobbyBoss/Takom M47 releases. If I was Testors/Italeri, I would go back and re-invent the M47 big time. In the big scheme of things, I hold out no hope of them doing even that.

Even after 3 decades, they still have not learned that their entire armor line needs to eliminate molds from other long time, defunct, manufacturers. And for god sake, remove the sink marks from exposed surfaces (i.e., the Panzer IV's engine compartment rear plate).

But as starter kits, and started kits only, sure, I can see that.
ziggyfoos
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 199 posts
Armorama: 133 posts
Posted: Thursday, February 02, 2017 - 08:26 PM UTC

Quoted Text

If they're doing re-releases again, will we get the Sdkfz10 & LIG 75mm? They weren't absolutely awful kits, and were Esci moulds...Obviously not to modern standards though.

I'd just go with the Dragon Sd.Kfz.10 and the new Vulcan light infantry gun (which seems to have been quietly released with not much fanfare)
C_JACQUEMONT
Visit this Community
Loire-Atlantique, France
KitMaker: 2,433 posts
Armorama: 2,325 posts
Posted: Thursday, February 02, 2017 - 08:58 PM UTC
The FIAT 508CM has a taller windscreen compared to former release and a new folded down tarp.
Jmarles
Visit this Community
British Columbia, Canada
Posted: Thursday, February 02, 2017 - 09:28 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Italeri's SdKfz 10 is their own mould and the 75mm is ESCI. I have both kits and they are totally different.
erichvon
Visit this Community
England - East Midlands, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,694 posts
Armorama: 1,584 posts
Posted: Thursday, February 02, 2017 - 09:30 PM UTC
John, I'm with you on the sink marks. I'm currently building their Opel Blitz and there are loads of sink marks on the cargo box that are visible.Good job I'd got some filler and files. You would think that by now someone would have designed a machine that doesn't leave them. We can send a remote control robot to Mars that sends pictures back but not get rid of sink marks when manufacturing kits.
seabee1526
Visit this Community
Michigan, United States
KitMaker: 185 posts
Armorama: 130 posts
Posted: Thursday, February 02, 2017 - 09:36 PM UTC
They'd make a killing if they would release their CCKW's for those who want to use the cabs for their Hobby Boss 2 1/2 tons.
Jmarles
Visit this Community
British Columbia, Canada
Posted: Thursday, February 02, 2017 - 09:38 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

The Pzkpfw IV has always been Italeri and goes back to the 1970s. It was the best Pzkpfw IV into the 1990s.

However I would be very leery of the figures as they all look like the ancient Esci figures which were not bad in 1978 but so were leisure suits and permed hair.

By the way, surprised no one noticed that the pictured M32 has a welded M4 hull and is not their previous M32B1 which was based on the cast hull M4A1. So are they doing a new hull or using Dragon parts? Or just yanking our chain?

That would be incorrect. It was a Peerless mould and was advertised on several of their boxes which I have in my vintage collection. It also shows the DAK figures that were included in the original "Italaeiri" release. Peerless folded before it was released and Italeri got the moulds shortly after. They also got the US trailers, Nebelwerfer, White Scout Car, the entire Dodge line, the Brit 6lber, RSO, etc. Most of Italeri's original figures were either Peerless or Heller in the case of stand-alone kits. The figures included in the re-popped Panzer IV are the rather awful ESCI SS Pioneer kit. They are more like 1/30 scale! As mentioned in my other post the sdkfz 10 is NOT an ESCI mould, it is Italeri's own- I have compared both in my "vintage" stash. Some people on other forums have also incorrectly stated the Nebelwerfer is ESCI..it's a Peerless mould. Although I have the ESCI one; it's actually nice minus the teeny-weeny figures...
Thatcanucklehead
Visit this Community
Canada
KitMaker: 11 posts
Armorama: 11 posts
Posted: Friday, February 03, 2017 - 03:05 AM UTC
Ho-hum.The same kits they keep re-popping.l have at least one of most of these kits in my stash,and not a single kit in this list is an "OH MY GAWD!!" kit.I'm still ticked off with them for their crappy Bofors gun kit!!!
specmod
Visit this Community
Australia
KitMaker: 93 posts
Armorama: 91 posts
Posted: Friday, February 03, 2017 - 05:49 AM UTC
be Interesting to see how the Lince crew look
Bravo1102
Visit this Community
KitMaker: 2,864 posts
Armorama: 2,497 posts
Posted: Friday, February 03, 2017 - 07:07 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

That would be incorrect. It was a Peerless mould and was advertised on several of their boxes which I have in my vintage collection. It also shows the DAK figures that were included in the original "Italaeiri" release. Peerless folded before it was released and Italeri got the moulds shortly after. They also got the US trailers, Nebelwerfer, White Scout Car, the entire Dodge line, the Brit 6lber, RSO, etc. Most of Italeri's original figures were either Peerless or Heller in the case of stand-alone kits. The figures included in the re-popped Panzer IV are the rather awful ESCI SS Pioneer kit. They are more like 1/30 scale! As mentioned in my other post the sdkfz 10 is NOT an ESCI mould, it is Italeri's own- I have compared both in my "vintage" stash. Some people on other forums have also incorrectly stated the Nebelwerfer is ESCI..it's a Peerless mould. Although I have the ESCI one; it's actually nice minus the teeny-weeny figures...

The RSO and nebelwerfer are Peerless Max, the Sdkfz 11 is Italeri but often reboxed with Esci figures.

The last kits released by Peerless were the GMC 2 1/2 ton and the announced kit was the M5 light tank. The Pzkpfw IV goes back to white box Italaerei with the original spelling and actually was already around by Italaerei when the Peerless kits were limited to the Dodge trucks. Italaerei didn't get the Peerless Max molds until the late 1970s. That was long after the Pzkpfw IV and Stug IV had been out for a bunch of years and I had already built one from the Revell/Italaerei boxing.
terminators
Visit this Community
France
KitMaker: 1,932 posts
Armorama: 1,907 posts
Posted: Friday, February 03, 2017 - 06:51 PM UTC
Can't wait for the LMV crew !
 _GOTOTOP