_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV
For discussions on tanks, artillery, jeeps, etc.
News
ICM: Horch 108 Type 40 with German Infantry
tatbaqui
Staff MemberNews Writer
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
Metro Manila, Philippines
KitMaker: 2,713 posts
Armorama: 2,451 posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 01, 2017 - 01:15 PM UTC

A recent release, ICM shares photos of the kit contents.

Read the Full News Story

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!
Hohenstaufen
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 2,192 posts
Armorama: 1,615 posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 01, 2017 - 03:32 PM UTC
I'm liking the look of this especially since it's the later version to the old Tamiya one. Not so sure about the infantry, to be honest a driver would have been more use, and we have the generic pointing figure again.
ziggyfoos
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 199 posts
Armorama: 133 posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 01, 2017 - 03:56 PM UTC

Quoted Text

I'm liking the look of this especially since it's the later version to the old Tamiya one. Not so sure about the infantry, to be honest a driver would have been more use, and we have the generic pointing figure again.

I think this may be just a combo package of two previously released kits. I thought the ICM Horch had been around for awhile now, think I have one in the stash. And the figure set looks familiar. Would explain why there is no driver figure.

I thought this Horch was the earlier version, with Tamiya's being the later version when the spares were mounted externally?
Scouteyes
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 247 posts
Armorama: 208 posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 01, 2017 - 04:45 PM UTC
That pointing figure seems useful.
tatbaqui
Staff MemberNews Writer
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
Metro Manila, Philippines
KitMaker: 2,713 posts
Armorama: 2,451 posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 01, 2017 - 05:25 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

I think this may be just a combo package of two previously released kits. I thought the ICM Horch had been around for awhile now, think I have one in the stash. And the figure set looks familiar. Would explain why there is no driver figure.

I thought this Horch was the earlier version, with Tamiya's being the later version when the spares were mounted externally?

ICM has previously released two Type 40 kits, no figures included. The Type 40 was the latter version, with the single spare wheel kept internally. Cheers
ziggyfoos
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 199 posts
Armorama: 133 posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 01, 2017 - 06:21 PM UTC

Quoted Text

I thought I recognized the figures, it is ICM's Infantry (1939-1942) (set 35639)

Quoted Text

The Type 40 was the latter version, with the single spare wheel kept internally.

Thanks. For some reason I've always had it backwards in my mind.
Headhunter506
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 1,575 posts
Armorama: 1,509 posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 01, 2017 - 06:31 PM UTC

Quoted Text

The Tamiya kit is the earlier version with 4 wheel steering. The real one, not the kit. You'll have to build the workable linkages yourself.
leviman
Visit this Community
Scotland, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 80 posts
Armorama: 76 posts
Posted: Thursday, March 02, 2017 - 12:57 AM UTC
Hmmmm.... Two previously released kits now sold as one. The infantry set is pretty basic, rather stiff looking figures, Useful for spares and converting. I suppose it will depend on if the double kit is sold at a bargain price ?
T0MM0-01
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 110 posts
Armorama: 61 posts
Posted: Thursday, March 02, 2017 - 05:05 AM UTC
The next release will proberly be the already previous release "Roof-Up" version with a Driver figure
 _GOTOTOP