_GOTOBOTTOM
Яusso-Soviэt Forum
Russian or Soviet vehicles/armor modeling forum.
News
MiniArt: Take 2 on the T-54-2
tatbaqui
Staff MemberNews Writer
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
Metro Manila, Philippines
KitMaker: 2,713 posts
Armorama: 2,451 posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 01, 2017 - 07:23 PM UTC

Kit in Process at MiniArt is an alternative kit for those who do not fancy building detailed interiors.

Read the Full News Story

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!
RobinNilsson
Staff MemberTOS Moderator
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Stockholm, Sweden
KitMaker: 6,693 posts
Armorama: 5,562 posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 01, 2017 - 07:50 PM UTC
Good ! I hope they do this for more kits
HeavyArty
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 17,694 posts
Armorama: 13,742 posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 01, 2017 - 08:59 PM UTC
The sprues still show the interior pieces. Are they just not used? Why include the internal sprues if it doesn't have an interior? Very interesting.

Edit: I have looked at this on the PMMS website and the pics look like it still has an interior and engine. I'm not sure what is going on here.
SEDimmick
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 1,745 posts
Armorama: 1,483 posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 01, 2017 - 11:42 PM UTC

Quoted Text

The sprues still show the interior pieces. Are they just not used? Why include the internal sprues if it doesn't have an interior? Very interesting.

Edit: I have looked at this on the PMMS website and the pics look like it still has an interior and engine. I'm not sure what is going on here.

Different box art and stock numbers

The Non-interior kit has a white back ground vs Forest background (though the tank art is identical) and the stock numbers are different. 37012 is no interior 37004 is with interior.

HeavyArty
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
Posted: Thursday, March 02, 2017 - 12:52 AM UTC
I got all the obvious stuff w/the boxart and kit number. If you look here at PMMS, you will see some pics of what is supposedly this kit and they clearly show an interior and engine.
ChrisK89
Visit this Community
Nordrhein-Westfalen, Germany
KitMaker: 80 posts
Armorama: 73 posts
Posted: Thursday, March 02, 2017 - 12:57 AM UTC
If you go to the Miniart website and take a look at the contents of both models then you'll see that the engine sprue, the ammo sprues and a few other sprues are missing.

cheers Chris
Zvierboi
Visit this Community
Utah, United States
KitMaker: 56 posts
Armorama: 56 posts
Posted: Thursday, March 02, 2017 - 04:21 AM UTC
Thank the maker...I build a lot of my post WWII armor for ID purposes for my military unit. I don't need the extra interior details for that project. However, for my WWII builds, its awesome. Can't wait to get my hands inside their SU-85 kit!
Scouteyes
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 247 posts
Armorama: 208 posts
Posted: Thursday, March 02, 2017 - 08:29 AM UTC
Wasn't the much more anticipated t-54b supposed to be released before this? I saw the great video of how detailed the t-54b was going to be, and then they release this hardly used prototype. Waiting for the t-54b.
KurtLaughlin
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 2,402 posts
Armorama: 2,377 posts
Posted: Thursday, March 02, 2017 - 05:03 PM UTC

Quoted Text

I got all the obvious stuff w/the boxart and kit number. If you look here at PMMS, you will see some pics of what is supposedly this kit and they clearly show an interior and engine.

If you go to the Miniart site (which is where clicking on the PMMS boxart where take you), click on CATALOGUE and then 1:35 MILITARY MINIATURES SERIES, and then the pages for the two kits, they are clearly different. There may be some bug with the URLs when linked, however, forcing the viewer to make an effort to look at each item directly and individually, but there is no conspiracy or error in what they describe.

KL
HeavyArty
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
Posted: Thursday, March 02, 2017 - 06:48 PM UTC
Got it. I guess it is a photo link mix-up then. I wasn't implying any type of conspiracy, just trying to figure out what the differences are.
SEDimmick
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 1,745 posts
Armorama: 1,483 posts
Posted: Thursday, March 02, 2017 - 09:17 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Wasn't the much more anticipated t-54b supposed to be released before this? I saw the great video of how detailed the t-54b was going to be, and then they release this hardly used prototype. Waiting for the t-54b.

I think the timing was upset by the Takom releases. Makes no sense to offer an almost identical kit that costs more then your competition at the time (even though it has an interior and I'm sure better details). I think they switched gears and went for the more esoteric releases (IMO I'm ecstatic about) with the T-54-1 and T-54-2. The T-54B will come at a later date when the investment in molds should be shouldered by the earlier releases and they can still make $$$ off it. Smart business decision
tatbaqui
Staff MemberNews Writer
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
Metro Manila, Philippines
KitMaker: 2,713 posts
Armorama: 2,451 posts
Posted: Friday, March 03, 2017 - 04:38 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Got it. I guess it is a photo link mix-up then. I wasn't implying any type of conspiracy, just trying to figure out what the differences are.

Hello Gino,

I have checked with MiniArt prior to posting the news item and they confirmed that this one has no interior. Comparing sprue shots of both kits, I count 4 sprues and 1 PE fret that are not included.

Here's a couple of those not included, which appear to me as the engine and bits for turret / hull interior:

Cheers,

Tat
TankManNick
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 551 posts
Armorama: 543 posts
Posted: Friday, March 03, 2017 - 05:44 AM UTC
"hardly used prototype"? Really? I understood that they were later upgraded (wheels and engine at least) and exported. I built a model of one used by the Syrians around 1970. 1223 produced according to http://www.tanks-encyclopedia.com/coldwar/USSR/soviet_T-54.php
 _GOTOTOP