_GOTOBOTTOM
Figures
Military figures of all shapes and sizes.
News
BRAVO-6: Aircav Officer
Graywolf
Staff MemberSenior Editor
HISTORICUS FORMA
Visit this Community
Izmir, Turkey / Türkçe
KitMaker: 6,405 posts
Armorama: 1,850 posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 21, 2017 - 09:10 PM UTC

Vladimir Demchenko kindly informed us about the upcoming figure of BRAVO-6.

Read the Full News Story

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!
HeavyArty
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 17,694 posts
Armorama: 13,742 posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 21, 2017 - 09:18 PM UTC
Very nice. Another great figure that will come in handy. Keep them coming Bravo 6!
Petition2God
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 1,526 posts
Armorama: 1,294 posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 21, 2017 - 09:50 PM UTC
But the guy in the movie didn't have a mustache. "I love the smell of napalm in the morning."
namengr
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
KitMaker: 332 posts
Armorama: 328 posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 22, 2017 - 04:23 AM UTC
Appreciate that they do VietNam figures, but there were a lot more of us in non combat roles. Baseball caps and no web gear would be more common. Maintenance, engineers, cooks and clerks, these were every day figures. I don't remember seeing a tank, but we had dozers, and dump trucks and were just as much a part of it as the rest.

ReconTL3-1
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 726 posts
Armorama: 687 posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 22, 2017 - 05:44 AM UTC
Another excellent and well detailed figure, Vladi! I do agree with Wayne that some figures in non-combat roles would be nice to see. Figures in jungle fatigues without gear and having the option of caps or boonie hats for head gear would be very versatile to create dioramas and vignettes depicting other aspects of the war whether it be Soldiers performing duties associated with their MOS's or being out in town or at the PX.
ReconTL3-1
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Wednesday, March 22, 2017 - 05:51 AM UTC
The figure does look like WO Doremus. Great job, Vladi! Due to the pose of this figure, he could be easily converted to one of those non-combat types by altering some of the uniform details to make them look like state-side fatigues or use some additional putty and change them into jungle fatigues. I am currently working on a diorama of some replacements being processed through finance and the pose of this figure would be quite fitting for the scene after doing some uniform conversions.
HeavyArty
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
Posted: Wednesday, March 22, 2017 - 06:00 AM UTC
Have you guys really looked at what Bravo 6 offers for Vietnam figures? They have all sorts of non-combat poses, probably the most of any company out there. They have guys eating C-Rats, pouring fuel/water cans, playing guitar, cleaning weapons, sitting around, etc., etc., etc..

Some examples:

ReconTL3-1
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Wednesday, March 22, 2017 - 06:21 AM UTC
I have all of the Bravo 6 figure kits (multiple sets of many of them) and have done many conversions of them as well, Gino. Not everyone is willing to cut up and convert resin figures the way I do as I will convert figures to fit what I want them to be doing. What Wayne and I are talking about are guys who aren't just sitting around out of uniform, but actually performing duties that non-combat MOS personnel may be performing such as engineers working with heavy equipment, mechanics working on vehicles, clerks typing or doing some sort of paperwork. Heck, even some guys being presented awards would be a nice vignette. Soldiers in the rear areas would be required to be wearing the proper headgear and would have to be in full uniform (and usually pressed if not starched) unless they were on shit-burning detail or something like that. The figure sets you showed as examples are great for a fire base where uniform standards were relaxed. At the major basecamps where the majority of the forces in Vietnam were located were pretty much garrison areas with uniform standards similar to stateside standards. In the 9th Infantry Division which was one of the units my dad served in while in Vietnam, Soldiers who did not have nametapes, US Army tapes, and division patches on their uniforms and were not in "proper" uniform were stopped by the MPs from entering the PX and the unit commander or first sergeant would have to report back as to why their Soldiers were in violation of division uniform policies. Guys coming in from weeks and months in the field didn't always have clean uniforms with all of the patches on them since they received bulk laundry while out in the boonies. Many times they were back only for a day or two before going back out so what they had on was usually all they had available at the time. This created alot of animosity between Grunts and the MPs.
HeavyArty
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
Posted: Wednesday, March 22, 2017 - 06:26 AM UTC
I agree fully with you. Unfortunately, most modelers will put figures with a vehicle of some type; usually a jeep, tank, or a Huey. They are looking for in-action figures. Sorry, but you will have to continue converting to get rear area troops. They are just not as popular.
ReconTL3-1
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Wednesday, March 22, 2017 - 06:38 AM UTC
Yeah, you're right.
Mark
Visit this Community
Noord-Brabant, Netherlands
KitMaker: 554 posts
Armorama: 461 posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 22, 2017 - 02:06 PM UTC
Vladi delivers again (as always actually )
I guess we all have wishes for specific figures (I for sure do!) all-in all BRAVO*6 figures are briljant (if not the best)

Mark
namengr
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
Posted: Wednesday, March 22, 2017 - 07:26 PM UTC

Quoted Text

I agree fully with you. Unfortunately, most modelers will put figures with a vehicle of some type; usually a jeep, tank, or a Huey. They are looking for in-action figures. Sorry, but you will have to continue converting to get rear area troops. They are just not as popular.

Which brings us back to a need for trucks, dozers and such to pose our figures with. A vicious circle Wayne
ReconTL3-1
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Wednesday, March 22, 2017 - 09:32 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Vladi delivers again (as always actually )
I guess we all have wishes for specific figures (I for sure do!) all-in all BRAVO*6 figures are briljant (if not the best)

Mark

Vladi always does a great job with his figures. As a modeler of primarily Vietnam subjects, I have just about all of the figures produced by the various manufactures and Bravo 6 figures are consistently highly detailed and realistically posed compared to others on the market. Vladi does extensive research (documents, photos, discussions with Veterans and modelers with military experience, etc) to ensure he gets the uniform and equipment details correct. He has a knack for selecting some interesting subject matter to create a wide spectrum of possibilities for modelers. As the examples that Gino had posted show, the poses are realistic, and since most US Soldiers in the boonies lost alot of weight and muscle mass due to their diet of c-rations and the heat they endured, the Soldier without a shirt on has a more realistic body build compared to the torso with a six-pack that are sculpted by other sculptors. Prior to Bravo 6's existence, I used other manufacturers' figures for my dioramas, but afterward, Bravo 6 figures (or conversions of them) are present in all of my single figure displays, vignettes, and dioramas because of their quality. Vladi has definitely set high standards in the sculpting of Vietnam figures.

Cheers,
James
Demchenko
Vendor
BRAVO-6
Visit this Community
Rostov, Russia
KitMaker: 230 posts
Armorama: 173 posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 22, 2017 - 11:23 PM UTC
Dear fellows! Many thanks for your great ideas and discussion. I will keep in mind each opinion, although my sculpting is "arithmetic mean" for Nam fans)))) Someone likes action, someone like special forces, someone likes rare exotic etc.
namengr
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
Posted: Friday, March 24, 2017 - 04:26 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Dear fellows! Many thanks for your great ideas and discussion. I will keep in mind each opinion, although my sculpting is "arithmetic mean" for Nam fans)))) Someone likes action, someone like special forces, someone likes rare exotic etc.

Vlad please don't take my remarks as anything negative. Your figures are the few that we can count on to depict good VN figures. My comments come from a frustrated engineer. I worked to help build our area VN monument and am a builder who can't depict the scenes that I have in my head. Applause to you and keep doing the figures that you do. Wayne
 _GOTOTOP