_GOTOBOTTOM
Dioramas
Do you love dioramas & vignettes? We sure do.
News
Battlegate: Howitzer, Furniture, and More
tatbaqui
Staff MemberNews Writer
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
Metro Manila, Philippines
KitMaker: 2,713 posts
Armorama: 2,451 posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 04, 2017 - 06:18 PM UTC

It seems no other kit producer can top Battlegate Games when it comes to the variety of modelling subjects offered. Here we list down the latest releases from its catalog.

Read the Full News Story

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!
mmeier
Visit this Community
Nordrhein-Westfalen, Germany
KitMaker: 1,280 posts
Armorama: 1,015 posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 04, 2017 - 08:24 PM UTC
Some stuff looks interesting, some stuff looks "Miniart" (Kitchen cabinet and the chairs) and some stuff is "WHY bother?"

I.e the M102 - there is a very similar looking AFV-Club kit around. Why should one buy a resin kit instead?

obg153
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 1,063 posts
Armorama: 1,049 posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 04, 2017 - 08:45 PM UTC
Agree with Tat about these folks putting out a ton of stuff. And that some seems useful while others, "meh?" However,, all we've seen are CAD pics of their stuff, but never a built piece. Has anyone bought/used any of their items, and what's the quality??
Trisaw
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 4,105 posts
Armorama: 2,492 posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 04, 2017 - 08:48 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Agree with Tat about these folks putting out a ton of stuff. And that some seems useful while others, "meh?" However,, all we've seen are CAD pics of their stuff, but never a built piece. Has anyone bought/used any of their items, and what's the quality??

Exactly...all we see are CAD images. Mario did a review on some of their earlier gun releases, but I have not seen actual resin photos of the kits I'm interested in: forklift, RIB, ATV, snowmobile, and the mechs.

Davidstingray
Visit this Community
Oregon, United States
KitMaker: 61 posts
Armorama: 60 posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 05, 2017 - 01:10 AM UTC
I'm 64 days and still waiting for two items. Doubtful I will ever order anything from them again.
HermannB
Visit this Community
Bayern, Germany
KitMaker: 4,099 posts
Armorama: 4,067 posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 05, 2017 - 01:29 AM UTC
They have a very strange choice of subjects. I wonder what will be the usage of a ship-based RAM starter in 1/35 scale? Instead of another M102, why no M119/L119 105mm gun?
Jay_Antony
Visit this Community
Auckland, New Zealand
KitMaker: 73 posts
Armorama: 63 posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 05, 2017 - 03:52 PM UTC

Quoted Text

I received my order a few days ago - took a month for them to dispatch (supposedly everything was in stock when I ordered), took a month to get here - which is slow from Hong Kong to New Zealand.

Was excellently packaged in a metal tin with padding and every item bagged.

But they left out one item I ordered - will ask them for a refund for that.

Will post pics of the items in a couple of days - am away at the moment.

But as a quick comment - am not impressed - items didn't measure up to the CAD pictures (they don't have the detail shown) and some are significantly underscale. There's 3D printing lines on the resin items which is not terrible as can sand them, and one of the items was 3D printed on what I think is a cheap printer as quality is not good - nothing like what I have had from Shapeways.

Anyway, will post up some pictures in a couple of days.
Jay_Antony
Visit this Community
Auckland, New Zealand
KitMaker: 73 posts
Armorama: 63 posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 05, 2017 - 03:55 PM UTC
Oh - and the casting on the resin pieces wasn't great either!
ivanhoe6
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
KitMaker: 2,023 posts
Armorama: 1,234 posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 05, 2017 - 04:07 PM UTC
It's been a month now since I've placed my order and am still waiting. I did get an E-coupon for 15% off today though. I went to their tracking site but my anti-virus went crazy warning me not to enter. It's not a lot dollar wise but If my diorama of a small 50's German brewery ever gets off the ground those beer kegs will be invaluable.
Good luck to all the folks who are waiting for their stuff !
Tom
Davidstingray
Visit this Community
Oregon, United States
KitMaker: 61 posts
Armorama: 60 posts
Posted: Thursday, April 20, 2017 - 12:57 AM UTC
Finally received the items I ordered. Don't waste your money. The items I received, XM153 Crows 2 and M151 Protector, are both poorly cast with open holes and missing areas where the casting didn't take. It appears they have no quality control to catch imperfections before they go out the door.
battlegategames
Visit this Community
Hong Kong S.A.R. / 繁體
KitMaker: 9 posts
Armorama: 9 posts
Posted: Monday, April 24, 2017 - 07:20 AM UTC
Dear Member

Thank you for your message.

Your metions product issue, we will actively improve our quality, strive for the best quality presented to everyone.
We will continue, update the real product pictures, when you want to order this product, you can see the real look of this product. As a new brand, we will listen to everyone's views.

Thanks .

BattleGateCo.,ltd
 _GOTOTOP