_GOTOBOTTOM
AFV Painting & Weathering
Answers to questions about the right paint scheme or tips for the right effect.
Gunze L-5 Compressor - Thinking of buying
MonkeyBoy
Visit this Community
Japan / 日本
KitMaker: 22 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 26, 2002 - 01:38 PM UTC
I'm thinking seriously about buying the Gunze L-5 Compressor for airbrushing. I'm looking at a set that comes with Mr. Regulator II (with a dial indicator). It is very quiet and small/portable.

Just wondering though about how a compressor like this performs, not having an air storage tank. Is the airflow even?

Also, I've read that people have had luck running this in the US, despite that it is aparrently designed for 100V (in Japan).

Anyone using this compressor?

- MonkeyBoy
SS-74
Visit this Community
Vatican City
KitMaker: 3,271 posts
Armorama: 2,388 posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 26, 2002 - 02:17 PM UTC
Hello Monkey Boy, Is this the one which is chrome color? And sells about 18,000 Japanese Yen. If that's the one it's quite good. They also sells this in HK, but unfortunately it was sold out when I was shopping for compressors. I am using one from a craft shop and no air tank, the flow is even. No problem so far.
MonkeyBoy
Visit this Community
Japan / 日本
KitMaker: 22 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 26, 2002 - 04:14 PM UTC
SS - Yes that's the one. Actually there are two models the L-5 and the L-10 (L-10 has higher airflow).

Which is the one you have used, the L-5? Did it have the metered regulator on it?

- Monkeyboy
SS-74
Visit this Community
Vatican City
KitMaker: 3,271 posts
Armorama: 2,388 posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 26, 2002 - 04:59 PM UTC
Hi Monkey boy,

I am not using either L-5 or L-10, but I have friends whom are using it, and give very good comment about it. The only thing is it's more expensive than the one you can get from a artist shop, I got one that is similar from an artist shop which is made in Taiwan, very quiet, and has both moist trap and regulator, cost me about 800 HKD that is about USD 103.00 and 11,430 yen. It gives out steady air flow at about 30 psi which is very sufficient for all the paint work.
 _GOTOTOP