_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV
For discussions on tanks, artillery, jeeps, etc.
News
Hobby Boss: Marder III Ausf. M Tank Destroyer
tatbaqui
Staff MemberNews Writer
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
Metro Manila, Philippines
KitMaker: 2,713 posts
Armorama: 2,451 posts
Posted: Friday, May 19, 2017 - 06:28 AM UTC

Announced by Tristar several years back, we may finally get to see this kit released under the Hobby Boss brand.

Read the Full News Story

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!
panzerbob01
Visit this Community
Louisiana, United States
KitMaker: 3,128 posts
Armorama: 2,959 posts
Posted: Friday, May 19, 2017 - 08:58 AM UTC
So, do you know if there is any motor or driver's interior included? The sprue pics suggest not - providing all the kit sprues are pictured... There is a complete drive-train and driver's compartment included in the Tristar (and Hobby Boss rebox) 2cm FlaK 38 flakpanzer 38(t) ausf M kit - and that is, other then the gun and gun-compartment, the same vehicle and configuration.
Petition2God
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 1,526 posts
Armorama: 1,294 posts
Posted: Friday, May 19, 2017 - 10:07 AM UTC
Is this one better than the Dragon Marder III M?
AOS
Visit this Community
Nordrhein-Westfalen, Germany
KitMaker: 75 posts
Armorama: 74 posts
Posted: Friday, May 19, 2017 - 12:37 PM UTC
With metal Barrel and single link tracks I will take one anyway. If there's no drivetrain/engine I have to use something leftover from other kits ...
tatbaqui
Staff MemberNews Writer
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
Metro Manila, Philippines
KitMaker: 2,713 posts
Armorama: 2,451 posts
Posted: Friday, May 19, 2017 - 02:56 PM UTC

Quoted Text

So, do you know if there is any motor or driver's interior included? The sprue pics suggest not - providing all the kit sprues are pictured... There is a complete drive-train and driver's compartment included in the Tristar (and Hobby Boss rebox) 2cm FlaK 38 flakpanzer 38(t) ausf M kit - and that is, other then the gun and gun-compartment, the same vehicle and configuration.

No idea at this point Bob. But I guess we can always hope they'd throw it in
panzerbob01
Visit this Community
Louisiana, United States
KitMaker: 3,128 posts
Armorama: 2,959 posts
Posted: Friday, May 19, 2017 - 09:27 PM UTC
James;

I cannot say for sure whether it will be better than the great Dragon kit(s) of the Marder-3, but Hobby Boss is re-boxing and using Tristar kits and molds for other related 38(t) subjects (Tristar never managed to get their Marder-3 completed and out, so...), and the Tristar 38(t) - now HB - family had lots of great stuff. The Tristar 38(t) interior stuff was in several ways better than the corresponding Dragon goods, and the link tracks, while not pre-clipped "Magic Tracks" as in Dragon kits, are very nicely done. I've built both brands and liked those Tristar links a lot.

It is probably safe to say that there will be some stuff better and some the same, and perhaps some few things not quite as nice as Dragon's stuff!

Tristar radios and some compartment fittings look better than do Dragon's bits and Tristar's gun is quite nicely done (presuming that HB is using the extant gun from Tristar's Marder-III- H kit...

A metal barrel could be a great inclusion.

We'll have to see!

Bob
Taeuss
Visit this Community
Manitoba, Canada
KitMaker: 3,791 posts
Armorama: 3,778 posts
Posted: Monday, May 22, 2017 - 10:09 PM UTC
Gee this looked familiar...wonder how it'll compare with the Dragon kits in the stash...I liked Tristar's other offerings so this one should be good.
 _GOTOTOP