_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV
For discussions on tanks, artillery, jeeps, etc.
News
Tankograd: Latest Tankograd Offerings
CMOT
Staff MemberEditor-in-Chief
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 10,954 posts
Armorama: 8,571 posts
Posted: Friday, February 16, 2018 - 04:22 AM UTC

Tankograd has sent detail of the latest books on the way from them. This time around there are five new offerings covering both specific and general topics.

Read the Full News Story

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!
Vodnik
Visit this Community
Warszawa, Poland
KitMaker: 4,342 posts
Armorama: 3,938 posts
Posted: Friday, February 16, 2018 - 12:15 PM UTC

Quoted Text

the text is less technical, but easier to understand than in our other series.

Except that the text in that one is German only, so actually many (most?) Tankograd customers, like myself, can't understand it at all...
barkingdigger
Staff MemberAssociate Editor
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 3,981 posts
Armorama: 3,403 posts
Posted: Friday, February 16, 2018 - 06:15 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

the text is less technical, but easier to understand than in our other series.

Except that the text in that one is German only, so actually many (most?) Tankograd customers, like myself, can't understand it at all...

Yep - my one year of college German won't cut it, so I'd just look at the pictures. It seems to be mainly "Bundeswehr on exercise" anyway, so the all-German text is in keeping with their other German-subject books I guess.

But that Stalwart book is a must!
Vodnik
Visit this Community
Warszawa, Poland
KitMaker: 4,342 posts
Armorama: 3,938 posts
Posted: Friday, February 16, 2018 - 10:46 PM UTC

Quoted Text

It seems to be mainly "Bundeswehr on exercise" anyway, so the all-German text is in keeping with their other German-subject books I guess.

No, actually it has Swedish, Norwegian and American stuff in it. Not sure if here is any Bundeswehr stuff in there at all...
barkingdigger
Staff MemberAssociate Editor
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 3,981 posts
Armorama: 3,403 posts
Posted: Friday, February 16, 2018 - 11:08 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

It seems to be mainly "Bundeswehr on exercise" anyway, so the all-German text is in keeping with their other German-subject books I guess.

No, actually it has Swedish, Norwegian and American stuff in it. Not sure if here is any Bundeswehr stuff in there at all...

Ah - you're right. I was misled by all those Leopards! Still, I can't read it...
terminators
Visit this Community
France
KitMaker: 1,932 posts
Armorama: 1,907 posts
Posted: Friday, February 16, 2018 - 11:19 PM UTC
I have not understood differences between this new book about BOXER and the first one released a few times ago (5039).
CMOT
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, February 18, 2018 - 01:46 AM UTC
Jochen Vollert has asked me to say the following on his behalf.

Tankograd : German vs English language – ‘The ‘PANZERMANÖVER Act’

In several internet forums our approach towards languages in our publications is currently subject to intense debate. Here are the facts, first hand:

Up till issue 1-2013 our MILITÄRFAHRZEUG quarterly magazine was bi-lingual German-English. After so many of our international outlets went out of business the local national sales (not the interest in the product) dropped dramatically. In the end there were a meagre 150 (one-hundred-and-fifty!) buyers of the MFZ left abroad, far to few to cover the costs of a translation. To maintain our quality and retail price we thus decided to do a magazine tailor-made to the German-speaking market. A decision that was wise on our behalf, as we are today one of the last magazines of this type surviving on the market. Yet, WE ARE EXTREMELY SORRY that we were unable to cater for the remaining 150 English-speaking fans of the MFZ any longer, but in the end a magazine needs to be profitable to survive.

The situation is similar with our Series 7000 MISSIONS&MANOUVRES that sold so slow that we have now disbanded it completely. 90% of the print run of Series 7000 was sold in Germany, so we decided to launch PANZERMANÖVER as a replacement to keep at least our German exercise fans happy. To keep the retail price below €10 and with the small international sales base for printed media on the exercise topic in mind an English content was no longer an option. So SORRY to our English-speaking exercise fans for this decision which was not made to make anyone unhappy or keep anyone from reading our product but to secure the existence of the series (and sell it profitably) at all.

IMPORTANT NOTE: MILITÄRFAHRZEUG and PANZERMANÖVER are the only German-language-only series we do, everything else will be kept bi-lingual English-German or English alone. Thus we hope to serve our esteemed readers best!

CMOT
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, February 18, 2018 - 01:46 AM UTC
I would like to add that some of the titles are in English only and so I find it hard to complain too loudly. I do agree it would be nice if they could be in English, but it has been clearly explained here why that cannot be.
 _GOTOTOP