_GOTOBOTTOM
Figures
Military figures of all shapes and sizes.
News
Zvezda: German Sniper Team
varanusk
Staff MemberManaging Editor
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
Santa Cruz de Tenerife, Spain / España
KitMaker: 1,288 posts
Armorama: 942 posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 21, 2018 - 12:44 PM UTC

Scheduled for April, a new set of figures from Zvezda representing a team of German WWII Snipers.

Read the Full News Story

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!
Biggles2
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
KitMaker: 7,600 posts
Armorama: 6,110 posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 21, 2018 - 07:42 PM UTC
Even though this range of figures from Zvezda are meant for war-gaming, IMHO they are very acceptable, and well-detailed for being injection molded. Much better than soft plastic ones from Airfix, Revell, etc. A bit of under-cutting in areas would improve their look. I'll be sure to pick up a couple of these sets.

Taeuss
Visit this Community
Manitoba, Canada
KitMaker: 3,791 posts
Armorama: 3,778 posts
Posted: Thursday, March 22, 2018 - 09:17 AM UTC
I'll have to check their site to see if they offer these in 1/35 as well. Looks interesting.
Biggles2
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
Posted: Thursday, March 22, 2018 - 07:52 PM UTC
Even though their 1/72 figures are pretty good (by default mostly, because there are few other plastic figures available) I think you might be better off with Dragon, or Masterbox figures. Zvezda's 1/35 figures can sometimes be a little sketchy! Here's a link to the 1/35 figs:

http://www.zvezda-usa.com/model-kits/tehnika-WWII-1-35/3595/
They could be useful if you replace all gear and weapons with Gen ll equipment.

Me109G10
Visit this Community
Baden-Württemberg, Germany
KitMaker: 107 posts
Armorama: 91 posts
Posted: Saturday, March 24, 2018 - 12:34 AM UTC
yees all those 1:72 figures they sell lately are great. I love them, they are sooo damn detailed. they are perfect for dioramas with a vehicle.

Yes they also sold them in 35 but they need a little work and equipment from another company, like the new weapons and stuff from miniart or masterbox.
with a little work they turn out fine
Biggles2
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
Posted: Saturday, March 24, 2018 - 07:43 PM UTC
I was comparing some Preiser (1/72) modern US infantry to Zvezda's similar figures. Zvezda's are actually marginally better as their detail is a bit sharper and better defined, but mostly because arms have locating pins and there is no question about fit, which is very precise. Preiser's fit is very ambiguous and you have to fiddle about a lot to position both arms when they're holding a weapon. There's also usually a gap to fill. Zvezda's weapons are also a bit better defined. But both companies scale out well and they can be used together in a dio.

_GOTOTOP