_GOTOBOTTOM
Яusso-Soviэt Forum
Russian or Soviet vehicles/armor modeling forum.
News
MiniArt: Truck on Tracks
tatbaqui
Staff MemberNews Writer
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
Metro Manila, Philippines
KitMaker: 2,713 posts
Armorama: 2,451 posts
Posted: Thursday, April 26, 2018 - 06:15 PM UTC

MiniArt is working on to release a kit on a softskin vehicle modified to run on railway tracks.

Read the Full News Story

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!
Blaubar
Visit this Community
Rheinland-Pfalz, Germany
KitMaker: 261 posts
Armorama: 246 posts
Posted: Thursday, April 26, 2018 - 06:48 PM UTC
Omg, so much rail stuff this year, RIP all earnings 2018....

Anyone who has or knows of literature about this and if it existed (Is this a modified GAZ AA?) Sadly I am not really familiar with Russian stuff
/Stefan
RobinNilsson
Staff MemberTOS Moderator
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Stockholm, Sweden
KitMaker: 6,693 posts
Armorama: 5,562 posts
Posted: Thursday, April 26, 2018 - 07:20 PM UTC
When I clicked on the link I thought that it would be the halftrack GAZ-60 ....
/ Robin
justsendit
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 3,033 posts
Armorama: 2,492 posts
Posted: Thursday, April 26, 2018 - 09:48 PM UTC
Nice addition to MiniArt’s rail yard series!

I presume they came up with this variant in order to dodge MiniArt’s dreaded segmented tire assemblies. 🤔 ... Lol!

—mike
ilfil62
Visit this Community
Sofiya, Bulgaria
KitMaker: 158 posts
Armorama: 151 posts
Posted: Thursday, April 26, 2018 - 10:10 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Anyone who has or knows of literature about this and if it existed (Is this a modified GAZ AA?) Sadly I am not really familiar with Russian stuff
/Stefan

Hi Stefan,
Indeed, this is GAZ-AA but I consider it German. I still have to see a pic of such rail conversion by the Russians. On the other hand, many captured Russian GAZ and ZIS trucks were converted to run on rails by the Germans, in particular on the Northern sector of the Eastern front.
Apparently the kit represents German vehicles, if judging from the extended GS body boards and markings.
Only one picture to confirm what I wrote above, it is included in the kit decals:

Usually the German rail trucks, when not pulling cars, were paired back to back to run in both directions with the same speed: the front truck pulls, playing locomotive; the rear plays car in neutral gear.
HTH
Cheers!
Blaubar
Visit this Community
Rheinland-Pfalz, Germany
KitMaker: 261 posts
Armorama: 246 posts
Posted: Thursday, April 26, 2018 - 11:53 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Hi Stefan,
Indeed, this is GAZ-AA but I....()
Usually the German rail trucks, when not pulling cars, were paired back to back to run in both directions with the same speed: the front truck pulls, playing locomotive; the rear plays car in neutral gear.
HTH
Cheers!

Sweet, thank you very much! Such a detailed answer!
/Stef
thenorm
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 125 posts
Armorama: 102 posts
Posted: Sunday, April 29, 2018 - 09:46 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Indeed, this is GAZ-AA but I consider it German. I still have to see a pic of such rail conversion by the Russians. On the other hand, many captured Russian GAZ and ZIS trucks were converted to run on rails by the Germans, in particular on the Northern sector of the Eastern front.
Apparently the kit represents German vehicles, if judging from the extended GS body boards and markings.
Only one picture to confirm what I wrote above, it is included in the kit decals:

HTH
Cheers!

How many cars would one of these be able to pull, one, two wagons? Also, what sorts of tasks would they be used for? General transport like trucks on roads, or for more specific maintenance of way type tasks specific to Railway needs?
 _GOTOTOP