_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV
For discussions on tanks, artillery, jeeps, etc.
News
Amusing Hobby: Flak41
varanusk
Staff MemberManaging Editor
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
Santa Cruz de Tenerife, Spain / Espaņa
KitMaker: 1,288 posts
Armorama: 942 posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 22, 2018 - 12:38 PM UTC

Amusing Hobby has a new German Flak 41 in the works.

Read the Full News Story

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!
Taeuss
Visit this Community
Manitoba, Canada
KitMaker: 3,791 posts
Armorama: 3,778 posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 23, 2018 - 04:35 AM UTC
Exactly what I was thinking: how it measures-up to the marvelously-detailed Bronco offering. Time and a good build review will tell.
brekinapez
Visit this Community
Georgia, United States
KitMaker: 2,272 posts
Armorama: 1,860 posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 23, 2018 - 07:07 AM UTC
I personally would like Mini-Art or someone to make a firing pit for the Flak gun, like in the box art.
Taeuss
Visit this Community
Manitoba, Canada
KitMaker: 3,791 posts
Armorama: 3,778 posts
Posted: Thursday, May 24, 2018 - 11:45 PM UTC
Personally I think that the artist erred on the side of making the pit a bit too big for the gun & crew -these things were usually kind of cramped as a big pit made one hell of a big target, both for figher-bomber aircraft and counter-battery fire. Otherwise making a pit is no big deal, clay, weathered wood, turf material and an afternoon's worth of time.
RobinNilsson
Staff MemberTOS Moderator
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Stockholm, Sweden
KitMaker: 6,693 posts
Armorama: 5,562 posts
Posted: Thursday, May 24, 2018 - 11:53 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Personally I think that the artist erred on the side of making the pit a bit too big for the gun & crew -these things were usually kind of cramped as a big pit made one hell of a big target, both for figher-bomber aircraft and counter-battery fire. Otherwise making a pit is no big deal, clay, weathered wood, turf material and an afternoon's worth of time.

Hard to tell the size but it does look spacious.
One thing to consider is that the gun needs to be rolled into the pit and then the wheels disconnected from the gun platform and presumably also rolled out of the pit so that they do not obstruct the loading and firing of the gun.

When comparing the images I get the impression that the pit is sized for a model in 1/25th scale but the gun is 1/35. The walls of the pit are a bit too high compared to the gun.
The two gunners and gun commander are the same in the box-art and the picture above. Count the number of planks above the helment of the gunner furthest from us (the viewpoint).
There are 6 planks in the Bundesarchiv image and a lot more on the boxart.
/ Robin
panamadan
Visit this Community
Minnesota, United States
KitMaker: 1,513 posts
Armorama: 1,449 posts
Posted: Thursday, November 01, 2018 - 02:55 AM UTC
Has anyone built this kit?
Dan
sgtreef
Visit this Community
Oklahoma, United States
KitMaker: 6,043 posts
Armorama: 4,347 posts
Posted: Thursday, November 01, 2018 - 03:10 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Hard to tell the size but it does look spacious.
One thing to consider is that the gun needs to be rolled into the pit and then the wheels disconnected from the gun platform and presumably also rolled out of the pit so that they do not obstruct the loading and firing of the gun.

When comparing the images I get the impression that the pit is sized for a model in 1/25th scale but the gun is 1/35. The walls of the pit are a bit too high compared to the gun.
The two gunners and gun commander are the same in the box-art and the picture above. Count the number of planks above the helment of the gunner furthest from us (the viewpoint).
There are 6 planks in the Bundesarchiv image and a lot more on the boxart.
/ Robin

Artistic License my Swedish modeler?
Then again maybe not.
Cheers

Jeff
 _GOTOTOP