_GOTOBOTTOM
Яusso-Soviэt Forum
Russian or Soviet vehicles/armor modeling forum.
News
MiniArt: Soviet Ball Tank
varanusk
Staff MemberManaging Editor
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
Santa Cruz de Tenerife, Spain / Espaņa
KitMaker: 1,288 posts
Armorama: 942 posts
Posted: Monday, July 23, 2018 - 06:49 PM UTC

A new and original model from Miniart, the Soviet spherical Tank "Sharotank"

Read the Full News Story

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!
UGBEAR
Visit this Community
Canada
KitMaker: 248 posts
Armorama: 247 posts
Posted: Monday, July 23, 2018 - 07:46 PM UTC
sign, if they spend time on a T-72 Ural, people will be beyond happy...trumpy and Meng got slow on T-72A/Ural series
petbat
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
KitMaker: 3,353 posts
Armorama: 3,121 posts
Posted: Monday, July 23, 2018 - 08:41 PM UTC
Germany actually built a Kugelpanzer ball tank, it is in Kubinka. A 'What if' though? Well Meng found a market with 'Toon Tanks' so who knows... this may be the start of something in a market not tapped.
kennethc
Visit this Community
Arkansas, United States
KitMaker: 348 posts
Armorama: 78 posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 24, 2018 - 01:14 AM UTC
I'm actually looking forward to this. For me stuff like this is a great break for laborious and detailed historical subjects. It's going to be a lot of fun to paint one of these!

my2cents

KC
Taeuss
Visit this Community
Manitoba, Canada
KitMaker: 3,791 posts
Armorama: 3,778 posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 24, 2018 - 12:33 PM UTC
Love to see how the actual one would roll without rolling on its sides(?) and burying those projecting gun barrels. Seriously? Someone thought that those feeble little wheels would hold it all up at speed? Optimism and reality were seldom so far apart. But a fun build anyways... now about building something that doesn't involve a T-54/55 variant, eh Miniart?
KoSprueOne
Visit this Community
Myanmar
KitMaker: 4,011 posts
Armorama: 1,498 posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 24, 2018 - 01:25 PM UTC
Nice, and in plastic and interior details. I'll be buying these for sure.

Vicious
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
KitMaker: 1,517 posts
Armorama: 1,109 posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 24, 2018 - 01:46 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Love to see how the actual one would roll without rolling on its sides(?) and burying those projecting gun barrels. Seriously? Someone thought that those feeble little wheels would hold it all up at speed? Optimism and reality were seldom so far apart. But a fun build anyways... now about building something that doesn't involve a T-54/55 variant, eh Miniart?

In theory it is feasible with a engine powerful enough, above a certain speed the vehicle would be stable without any risk of roll on side or stuff like that, using the gyroscopic effect, there are motorbikes that use the same principle, however claim that it works on the off-road is perhaps a bit too much ... the principle is the same as the F-104 Starfighter "with a powerful enough engine anything can fly" in this case "with a powerful enough engine anything can 'roll" .. ..I am always fascinated by projects that a mind "out of the box" can reach.
 _GOTOTOP