_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV
For discussions on tanks, artillery, jeeps, etc.
News
Custom-Scale: 5.5cm FlaK and Rh Z 61/9 Rheinbote
tatbaqui
Staff MemberNews Writer
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
Metro Manila, Philippines
KitMaker: 2,713 posts
Armorama: 2,451 posts
Posted: Thursday, August 09, 2018 - 04:33 PM UTC

Custom-Scale adds two new kits to its catalog.

Read the Full News Story

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!
Nate_W
Visit this Community
Missouri, United States
KitMaker: 395 posts
Armorama: 391 posts
Posted: Friday, August 10, 2018 - 09:21 AM UTC
Wow! really really cool. This, however, is most certainly beyond my skill level and abilities since I really struggle with resin kits that require a lot of repairs, cleaning up and scratch building. I always had trouble separating the pieces form their mold bases. The 5cm flak 41 needs more love in 1:35 and I'd love if Bronco did a plastic one someday like their awesome 3.7cm flak 36.
Taeuss
Visit this Community
Manitoba, Canada
KitMaker: 3,791 posts
Armorama: 3,778 posts
Posted: Friday, August 10, 2018 - 01:05 PM UTC
I agree with Nathan that it would be great if someone like Trumpeter or Dragon/ Meng / Takom offered a Gerat 58 in Styrene. HINT! HINT!
gebra_de
Visit this Community
Germany
KitMaker: 29 posts
Armorama: 25 posts
Posted: Friday, August 10, 2018 - 08:38 PM UTC
Hi Taeuss,
Just to be clear:
The 5cm Flak 41 is different when compared with that 5,5cm Gerat 58. Furthermore it is great to see such exotic models offered as plastic kits but unfortunately some of these companies only make 1:1 copies of existing resin kits. That safes money regarding research and development activities for these companies, but on the other hand ruins the business case for that model at the resin kit manufacturer. There are several cases. The most recent one is the railway wagon originall offered from LZ models the other one the Rheinbote III from Customscale. Both have been copied 1:1 and released in plastic.
 _GOTOTOP