_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV
For discussions on tanks, artillery, jeeps, etc.
News
CMK: Trailer for Goliath Tracked Mine
Merlin
Staff MemberSenior Editor
AEROSCALE
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 17,582 posts
Armorama: 903 posts
Posted: Friday, August 17, 2018 - 05:44 AM UTC

CMK have announced a resin trailer for Tamiya's 1:35 kit of the Goliath remote-controlled vehicle.

Read the Full News Story

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!
RobinNilsson
Staff MemberTOS Moderator
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Stockholm, Sweden
KitMaker: 6,693 posts
Armorama: 5,562 posts
Posted: Friday, August 17, 2018 - 06:31 AM UTC
Interesting
/ Robin
Buckeyes57
Visit this Community
Ohio, United States
KitMaker: 135 posts
Armorama: 130 posts
Posted: Friday, August 17, 2018 - 12:32 PM UTC
About time!!!! The only one I have ever seen was by Scale Model Accessories Ltd. made out of white metal. Nice addition to any Krad models.
tatbaqui
Staff MemberNews Writer
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
Metro Manila, Philippines
KitMaker: 2,713 posts
Armorama: 2,451 posts
Posted: Friday, August 17, 2018 - 01:01 PM UTC
Nice! I think the only one available before was in 1/48.
Taeuss
Visit this Community
Manitoba, Canada
KitMaker: 3,791 posts
Armorama: 3,778 posts
Posted: Saturday, August 18, 2018 - 02:36 AM UTC
Looks a lot like a variation of the trailer that the 2cm FLAK was carried on so modifying the Dragon, AFV Club (etc) trailer would be simple. Can't remember but the Dragon offering might even have came with it, though I might be wrong on that one. I couldn't confirm it as I couldn't find mine in my stash.
jfeenstra
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
KitMaker: 342 posts
Armorama: 342 posts
Posted: Sunday, August 19, 2018 - 07:03 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Nice! I think the only one available before was in 1/48.

As noted by Buckeyes57, that is incorrect; Scale Model Accessories (SMA) release a Goliath with Trailer in 1/35 in the late 90s in resin and white metal (still in the stash!).

https://www.scalemates.com/kits/1000117-scale-model-accessories-ltd-smva-122-leichter-ladungstraeger-goliath-modell-b

As an aside, the SMA kit is the only 1/35 kit that I know of the Sd.Kfz.303 Goliath, which is the gasoline powered version. All of the plastic kits to date from Esci/Italeri, Dragon and now Tamiya are of the Sd.Kfz.302 electric power Goliath. Although about the same size, they are completely different vehicles - different body shapes, different suspension layouts, etc.

The new CMK trailer is of a slightly different design then the SMA trailer, but since the two Goliath versions were of slightly different widths, it's possible that they each used slightly different trailers.
jfeenstra
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
KitMaker: 342 posts
Armorama: 342 posts
Posted: Sunday, August 19, 2018 - 07:16 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Looks a lot like a variation of the trailer that the 2cm FLAK was carried on so modifying the Dragon, AFV Club (etc) trailer would be simple. Can't remember but the Dragon offering might even have came with it, though I might be wrong on that one. I couldn't confirm it as I couldn't find mine in my stash.

While it may look similar, the Goliath trailer is not. The Goliath was smaller then the 2cm Flak and was slung between both arms of the trailer (essentially, the trailer was stood up vertically, the Goliath secure to it, and the trailer then rotated downwards). The wheels were smaller then the wheels on a Sd.Ah.51 trailer and the Goliath on its trailer could be moved easily by two men.
 _GOTOTOP