_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV
For discussions on tanks, artillery, jeeps, etc.
News
Trumpeter: Big Scale Panther
tatbaqui
Staff MemberNews Writer
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
Metro Manila, Philippines
KitMaker: 2,713 posts
Armorama: 2,451 posts
Posted: Friday, September 14, 2018 - 04:34 PM UTC

Released the month previous, take a look at what Trumpeter has in the box for its 1/16 Pz.Kpfw. Ausf G. kit.

Read the Full News Story

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!
redcap
Visit this Community
England - East Midlands, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 753 posts
Armorama: 378 posts
Posted: Saturday, September 15, 2018 - 02:33 AM UTC
Even just a decade ago, something like this would have been unimaginable other than perhaps a Tamiya 1/16 RC inspired basic external model only (but with a mortgage payment price tag to match) - but one with a full interior and for probably less that £300 (?) is incredible.

I am sure this will be extremely popular and make up into a great model which 99% of modellers will be delighted with. I just wonder however what the 'experten' (actual and self-anointed) will say about it once they get their hands on it. I think Trumpeter's armour is much better than their a/c research and engineering and so I am hoping this is actually as good and as accurate as it looks in the photos.

Here's hoping!

Gary
Taeuss
Visit this Community
Manitoba, Canada
KitMaker: 3,791 posts
Armorama: 3,778 posts
Posted: Saturday, September 15, 2018 - 11:19 AM UTC
Oh baby! It truly is the year of the Panther! And now IT'S TWICE AS BIG! Wow, and it comes with a full interior composed of two thousand pieces (breath, breath) words are kind of weak right now so I'm going to wander away and breath into a bag for awhile...can hardly wait to see what comes next...maybe a 1/16th Bergepanther "G"?
Scarred
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
KitMaker: 1,792 posts
Armorama: 1,186 posts
Posted: Saturday, September 15, 2018 - 05:18 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Oh baby! It truly is the year of the Panther! And now IT'S TWICE AS BIG! Wow, and it comes with a full interior composed of two thousand pieces (breath, breath) words are kind of weak right now so I'm going to wander away and breath into a bag for awhile...can hardly wait to see what comes next...maybe a 1/16th Bergepanther "G"?

Easy dude, relax breath deep and put the wallet down.

I have new number one on my must buy list. What we need now is a 1/16 M4 with an interior. Any flavor would do but an Easy 8 and Firefly are a must.
redcap
Visit this Community
England - East Midlands, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 753 posts
Armorama: 378 posts
Posted: Sunday, September 16, 2018 - 05:10 AM UTC
As you say Patrick, an M4 must be on the cards in this range. I'm not too sure they would do something as niche as a Firefly but something like an M4A2 or M4A4 which were the most numerous models produced I believe or even an 'Easy Eight' would be safe bets for Trumpeter.

Fingers crossed eh.

Gary
Scarred
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
KitMaker: 1,792 posts
Armorama: 1,186 posts
Posted: Wednesday, September 19, 2018 - 04:28 AM UTC

Quoted Text

As you say Patrick, an M4 must be on the cards in this range. I'm not too sure they would do something as niche as a Firefly but something like an M4A2 or M4A4 which were the most numerous models produced I believe or even an 'Easy Eight' would be safe bets for Trumpeter.

Fingers crossed eh.

Gary

And my toes too. Has anyone released a Sherman, any flavor, with a full interior? Not aftermarket but a fully loaded kit with interior?
 _GOTOTOP