_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV
For discussions on tanks, artillery, jeeps, etc.
News
RPG: T-80U
varanusk
Staff MemberManaging Editor
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
Santa Cruz de Tenerife, Spain / Espaņa
KitMaker: 1,288 posts
Armorama: 942 posts
Posted: Sunday, September 23, 2018 - 07:15 PM UTC

RPG Models is a new company and their first kit is a T-80U

Read the Full News Story

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!
system
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 364 posts
Armorama: 363 posts
Posted: Sunday, September 23, 2018 - 07:27 PM UTC
I've been following this one since it was first announced. It looks beautiful, and it's always nice to see a new manufacturer. Hopefully RPG will pick up where the now-defunct Xact left off.
spongya
Staff MemberAssociate Editor
MODELGEEK
Visit this Community
Budapest, Hungary
KitMaker: 2,365 posts
Armorama: 1,709 posts
Posted: Sunday, September 23, 2018 - 08:38 PM UTC
Looks very nice...
Igorbc
Visit this Community
Croatia Hrvatska
KitMaker: 101 posts
Armorama: 95 posts
Posted: Sunday, September 23, 2018 - 09:05 PM UTC
It was announced some time ago.
I have bought T 80 U from Trumpeter meanwhile but I shall buy this one as soon as hit the market because T 80 U is one of the coolest looking MBT.
Taeuss
Visit this Community
Manitoba, Canada
KitMaker: 3,791 posts
Armorama: 3,778 posts
Posted: Monday, September 24, 2018 - 10:27 AM UTC
I agree, it is one evil-looking beast, though the barrel-like commander's cupola looks abit off. Is that for deep-water wading?
RobinNilsson
Staff MemberTOS Moderator
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Stockholm, Sweden
KitMaker: 6,693 posts
Armorama: 5,562 posts
Posted: Monday, September 24, 2018 - 07:14 PM UTC

Quoted Text

I agree, it is one evil-looking beast, though the barrel-like commander's cupola looks abit off. Is that for deep-water wading?

The commanders cupola is not in that position
but it looks as if it has something to do with wading.
The CAD-images indicate that the trunking can be shown in two different positions

Commanders cupola is forward to the right relative to the trunk.

Hangs from the rear of the turret when not in use.

I would guess that the box structure fits over the two intakes (brass mesh behind the turret) and the smokestack thingy over the exhaust (grille at the rear end, between the brackets for fule drums)

/ Robin
Blucop
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
KitMaker: 279 posts
Armorama: 262 posts
Posted: Tuesday, September 25, 2018 - 10:49 AM UTC
Is this a new tool? Or is it a Xact Scale re-pop? We have seen nor heard much from Xact Scale since 2013. I am curious if they went under.
system
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, September 25, 2018 - 07:30 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Is this a new tool? Or is it a Xact Scale re-pop? We have seen nor heard much from Xact Scale since 2013. I am curious if they went under.

Going by the parts breakdown it's new tool. And I'm pretty sure Xact are defunct. I did read on the Gur Khan Attacks! blog speculation that some of the people involved in Xact are now with RPG, but I don't know if that's true.
ninjrk
Visit this Community
Alabama, United States
KitMaker: 1,381 posts
Armorama: 1,347 posts
Posted: Tuesday, September 25, 2018 - 11:47 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Going by the parts breakdown it's new tool. And I'm pretty sure Xact are defunct. I did read on the Gur Khan Attacks! blog speculation that some of the people involved in Xact are now with RPG, but I don't know if that's true.

I'm pretty sure that Xact is dead as well but apparently someone from the company is still employed and sending vendors updates on their T-80UK kit. . .
system
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, September 26, 2018 - 12:26 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I'm pretty sure that Xact is dead as well but apparently someone from the company is still employed and sending vendors updates on their T-80UK kit. . .

I've noticed HLJ are still listing it under their future releases as an October release.

https://hlj.com/1-35-scale-t-80uk-xacxs-35004

It's been on there for about 3 years and the ETA just keeps rolling forward. I'm beginning to suspect it may not be coming...
retiredyank
Visit this Community
Arkansas, United States
KitMaker: 11,610 posts
Armorama: 7,843 posts
Posted: Wednesday, September 26, 2018 - 12:34 AM UTC
Ordered.
ninjrk
Visit this Community
Alabama, United States
KitMaker: 1,381 posts
Armorama: 1,347 posts
Posted: Friday, September 28, 2018 - 01:17 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

I've noticed HLJ are still listing it under their future releases as an October release.

https://hlj.com/1-35-scale-t-80uk-xacxs-35004

It's been on there for about 3 years and the ETA just keeps rolling forward. I'm beginning to suspect it may not be coming...

I emailed back and forth with HLJ (as an aside, what a great and responsive company they are!) and they have been continually updated with a release date from them. I just happen to think it's BS and the kit isn't coming, which stinks as the T-80UK is a much more handsome design than the vanilla T-80U.
Scarred
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
KitMaker: 1,792 posts
Armorama: 1,186 posts
Posted: Saturday, September 29, 2018 - 04:06 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Looking at the parts shown here:
https://www.how-amps.org/rpgmodel-kit-35001-135-t80u-main-battle-tank/
and comparing them to the same parts in my Xact T-80u you can see this is a new kit. The roadwheels on the new kit have the molded lines on the rubber while on the Xact kit the lines are recessed. The turret has better covers on the openings for the cheek armor than the Xact T-80u. Lots of little things are improved. And lotsa brass, much more than the Xact, want this kit too.
 _GOTOTOP