_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV
For discussions on tanks, artillery, jeeps, etc.
News
Dragon: Heavy Tank T1E1
varanusk
Staff MemberManaging Editor
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
Santa Cruz de Tenerife, Spain / Espaņa
KitMaker: 1,288 posts
Armorama: 942 posts
Posted: Thursday, November 01, 2018 - 08:56 PM UTC

Under its Back Label line of plastic kits, Dragon has created a new 1/35 scale kit of the Heavy Tank T1E1.

Read the Full News Story

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!
MikeyBugs95
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 2,210 posts
Armorama: 1,712 posts
Posted: Thursday, November 01, 2018 - 09:10 PM UTC
Although I doubt I'd ever purchase one, I do hope that Dragon has improved it's "Black Label" line to be less "Black Plague" and more "Black Sore Thumb."
RobinNilsson
Staff MemberTOS Moderator
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Stockholm, Sweden
KitMaker: 6,693 posts
Armorama: 5,562 posts
Posted: Thursday, November 01, 2018 - 09:26 PM UTC
exciting ..... maybe.....

I'll wait for the expert reviews about accuracy before handing over hard earned cash ....
/ Robin
retiredyank
Visit this Community
Arkansas, United States
KitMaker: 11,610 posts
Armorama: 7,843 posts
Posted: Thursday, November 01, 2018 - 10:05 PM UTC
Accurate or not, I am tempted to add this one to the stash.
Kevlar06
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
KitMaker: 3,670 posts
Armorama: 2,052 posts
Posted: Friday, November 02, 2018 - 04:21 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I'll wait for the expert reviews about accuracy before handing over hard earned cash ....
/ Robin

So....this looks like just another Dragon "retread" with extra parts, which seems like a Dragon policy lately. they say in the "literal bottom line" of the description here that's is a 3-in-1 kit of thier previous M6 and M6A1 kitwith added parts for the T1E1. Here's a review with comments from the previous Black Label M6 release:

https://armorama.kitmaker.net/review/11402

VR, Russ
GeraldOwens
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 3,736 posts
Armorama: 3,697 posts
Posted: Friday, November 02, 2018 - 06:58 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

/ Robin

So....this looks like just another Dragon "retread" with extra parts, which seems like a Dragon policy lately. they say in the "literal bottom line" of the description here that's is a 3-in-1 kit of thier previous M6 and M6A1 kitwith added parts for the T1E1. Here's a review with comments from the previous Black Label M6 release:

VR, Russ

Actually, that's a pretty major improvement, since it means that the kit includes three complete upper hulls. The real question will be, have they revised the turret? It had several shape issues, and was positioned too far forward, causing it to foul the co-driver's hatch. This is mostly fixable, with a lot of sanding, and a repositioning of the turret ring, but a revised part would be most welcome. Production tanks were also retrofitted with a gun travel lock on the rear deck, which the customer has to source himself.
Cantstopbuyingkits
Visit this Community
European Union
KitMaker: 2,099 posts
Armorama: 1,920 posts
Posted: Friday, November 02, 2018 - 08:23 AM UTC
Quantity of hulls provided does not mean quality.
RobinNilsson
Staff MemberTOS Moderator
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Stockholm, Sweden
KitMaker: 6,693 posts
Armorama: 5,562 posts
Posted: Friday, November 02, 2018 - 08:31 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quantity of hulls provided does not mean quality.

but it is more plastic to cut useful bits from to try and patch something reasonable together ....
Bravo1102
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 2,864 posts
Armorama: 2,497 posts
Posted: Friday, November 02, 2018 - 08:56 AM UTC
Just to spite everyone they could have fixed the hull tops and turret rings but I doubt it. With a new top hull for this variant you think they would, but as they didn't with the M6 -- yeah don't think so.
MikeyBugs95
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 2,210 posts
Armorama: 1,712 posts
Posted: Friday, November 02, 2018 - 10:30 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

/ Robin

VR, Russ

Actually, that's a pretty major improvement, since it means that the kit includes three complete upper hulls. The real question will be, have they revised the turret? It had several shape issues, and was positioned too far forward, causing it to foul the co-driver's hatch. This is mostly fixable, with a lot odf sanding, and a repostitoning of the turret ring, but a revised part would be most welcome. Production tanks were also retrofitted with a gun travel lock on the rear deck, which the customer has to source himself.

Just from the one CAD image above, it looks like the turret would still interfere with the hatches.
SgtRam
Staff MemberContributing Writer
AEROSCALE
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 3,971 posts
Armorama: 2,859 posts
Posted: Friday, November 02, 2018 - 01:29 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

/ Robin

VR, Russ

Actually, that's a pretty major improvement, since it means that the kit includes three complete upper hulls. The real question will be, have they revised the turret? It had several shape issues, and was positioned too far forward, causing it to foul the co-driver's hatch. This is mostly fixable, with a lot odf sanding, and a repostitoning of the turret ring, but a revised part would be most welcome. Production tanks were also retrofitted with a gun travel lock on the rear deck, which the customer has to source himself.

Just from the one CAD image above, it looks like the turret would still interfere with the hatches.

Still love how from one small CAD image, people can determine the quality of the kit. I have built a few Black Label kits, while there are some accuracy issues with some, the kits had decent fit, and went together well. As a model, Black Label kits are not that bad and I am ok with the result being displayed on my shelf. And if you desire accuracy, they are a good slate to start with.

I rather enjoyed the Black Label kits, what I don't like about Dragon Models right now is the extremely high prices they are asking for their kits.
Taeuss
Visit this Community
Manitoba, Canada
KitMaker: 3,791 posts
Armorama: 3,778 posts
Posted: Friday, November 02, 2018 - 02:47 PM UTC
And here I was thinking that this is hardly news as the M6 and variant has been out for quite a long time now. Geez.
 _GOTOTOP