_GOTOBOTTOM
Яusso-Soviэt Forum
Russian or Soviet vehicles/armor modeling forum.
News
Italeri: T-34/85
tatbaqui
Staff MemberNews Writer
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
Metro Manila, Philippines
KitMaker: 2,713 posts
Armorama: 2,451 posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 07, 2018 - 03:10 PM UTC

Previously announced, Italeri provides further information and photos on its latest Soviet armor kit.

Read the Full News Story

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!
Bravo1102
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 2,864 posts
Armorama: 2,497 posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 07, 2018 - 08:55 PM UTC
Sprue layouts indicate other variants are planned.
I won't ask "why this oftdone subject and not something unique?" And just thank my lucky stars it's not German.
MrCompletely
Visit this Community
Saitama-ken, Japan / 日本
KitMaker: 128 posts
Armorama: 120 posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 07, 2018 - 10:53 PM UTC
I COULD be tempted by this, but Italeri's a little difficult to find in Japan, and a degree more expensive than it should be too.
Namabiiru
Staff MemberAssociate Editor
MODEL SHIPWRIGHTS
Visit this Community
Rhode Island, United States
KitMaker: 2,888 posts
Armorama: 1,920 posts
Posted: Thursday, November 08, 2018 - 12:29 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I COULD be tempted by this, but Italeri's a little difficult to find in Japan, and a degree more expensive than it should be too.

Paul, do you get down to the heart of Tokyo from Saitama much? There's some great shops I know of. Best place to find Italeri kits are in the recycle stores, although that obviously doesn't generally work for new releases.

I moved back to the US about three years ago after eleven years in Tokyo. Man, I miss it! Would go back in a heartbeat if the job permitted.

GeraldOwens
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 3,736 posts
Armorama: 3,697 posts
Posted: Thursday, November 08, 2018 - 07:46 AM UTC
It appears that this is a mid to late 1944 Factory 183 version, slightly earlier than that depicted in the Dragon kits. It lacks the bulge on the laft turret side for the revised turret traverse mechanism. Based on the CAD drawings, it appears to have the cupola in the earlier position as well.
It probably ought to have the curved front mudguards as well, but it's hard to be dogmatic about this point.
Dinocamo
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
KitMaker: 91 posts
Armorama: 89 posts
Posted: Friday, November 09, 2018 - 08:29 AM UTC
Interesting, in the 1st pic, the breech is hold on the lower turret part instead of one piece canon on to the upper turret piece like the AFV Club one. Also, I noticed that they removed the budge beside the commander hatch, which was on their 3d render.
Bravo1102
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 2,864 posts
Armorama: 2,497 posts
Posted: Friday, November 09, 2018 - 11:01 PM UTC

Quoted Text

It appears that this is a mid to late 1944 Factory 183 version, slightly earlier than that depicted in the Dragon kits. It lacks the bulge on the laft turret side for the revised turret traverse mechanism. Based on the CAD drawings, it appears to have the cupola in the earlier position as well.
It probably ought to have the curved front mudguards as well, but it's hard to be dogmatic about this point.

Looking at the sprue layouts there are probably spots in the mold for gate inserts for a different cupola and front fenders. Italeri has set it up for more than one version and Italeri can be depended upon to pop out different variants.
m4sherman
Visit this Community
Arizona, United States
KitMaker: 1,866 posts
Armorama: 1,808 posts
Posted: Saturday, November 10, 2018 - 03:03 AM UTC
It looks good, but they should have used better samples for the pictures. There is a short shot on the intake visible in the pictures. Hopefully that is an anomaly and this kit will be a good one.

It looks like a simpler version of the T-34/85 compared to AFV Club, and if the price is right might do well. I like how they did the engine deck, very much like AFV and RFM. Makes it much simpler to add PE vents and not have to add in the missing plates.

I agree, several versions are in the works. The separate turret deck allows for the smaller turret opening on the 76 version.
MrCompletely
Visit this Community
Saitama-ken, Japan / 日本
KitMaker: 128 posts
Armorama: 120 posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 21, 2019 - 02:22 PM UTC
Sorry for such a delayed reply but my work schedule was TOO much; now (due to industrial action against the employer) I've got time on my hands so I might try to get in to Tokyo after payday; don't generally like Tokyo though; much too big, noisy, busy, confusing for my liking.
 _GOTOTOP