_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV
For discussions on tanks, artillery, jeeps, etc.
News
MiniArt: New Kits, New Series
tatbaqui
Staff MemberNews Writer
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
Metro Manila, Philippines
KitMaker: 2,713 posts
Armorama: 2,451 posts
Posted: Sunday, January 06, 2019 - 12:19 AM UTC

This year, expect to see more new kits across all categories. What’s more MiniArt is set to open a new series that will focus on modelling subjects from The Great War.

Read the Full News Story

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!
M4A1Sherman
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 4,403 posts
Armorama: 4,078 posts
Posted: Sunday, January 06, 2019 - 12:41 AM UTC

Quoted Text

This year, expect to see more new kits across all categories. What’s more MiniArt is set to open a new series that will focus on modelling subjects from The Great War.

Read the Full News Story

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!

NEAT STUFF!!! US Armor fans shouldn't look for the US-versions of the M3 Lee before 2020, if ever. Not being a "killjoy", just stating the "ways of the world"... Go ahead, knock yourselves out. Not listening. The fact remains: US stuff will always be the last in line to be released...
m4sherman
Visit this Community
Arizona, United States
KitMaker: 1,866 posts
Armorama: 1,808 posts
Posted: Sunday, January 06, 2019 - 02:16 AM UTC

Quoted Text

NEAT STUFF!!! US Armor fans shouldn't look for the US-versions of the M3 Lee before 2020, if ever. Not being a "killjoy", just stating the "ways of the world"... Go ahead, knock yourselves out. Not listening. The fact remains: US stuff will always be the last in line to be released...

Sadly you could be right about the M3 series, but there is box art shown of the Soviet M3's in the grouping to keep hope alive, if only on life support.

What car/s are the civilians going to drive or work on?

For the desert war, that early gas/water cans set will come in handy.
JSSVIII
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
KitMaker: 1,169 posts
Armorama: 1,067 posts
Posted: Sunday, January 06, 2019 - 02:30 AM UTC
I'm really looking forward to seeing what is in their WWI line, probably won't be any tanks though.
JamesL27
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 202 posts
Armorama: 199 posts
Posted: Sunday, January 06, 2019 - 04:30 AM UTC
I like that they're getting into rail subjects, especially the Russian flatcar. Hopefully they build on it with different variations like the quad Maxim with armored shelter, and Katyusha mounted flatcars. Then maybe, one day we'll see some Russian armored trains. Lots of interesting stuff that's never been in plastic at 1/35 before.
pod3105
Visit this Community
Waterford, Ireland
KitMaker: 466 posts
Armorama: 444 posts
Posted: Sunday, January 06, 2019 - 06:35 AM UTC
Oh my... Those figure sets are defineitly HP ng in my wishlist!
Havoc
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 893 posts
Armorama: 682 posts
Posted: Sunday, January 06, 2019 - 07:25 AM UTC
Wow! That's a lot to behold!!!

I am really liking the WW2 U.S. Army Sets, in particular the figures in the rain ponchos, which would be a first in plastic.

Also digging the IDF tank crew as well.

Would really like to see Czech civilians running, throwing rocks & Molotov cocktails, fleeing the Russian troops. Also, some typical Russian civilian cars from this time period which could be modeled as burned out in the conflict.

Speaking of which: would the WWII Russian Tanks Riders be appropriate to be riding the SU-122-54 (late type) in Operation Danube?

The U.S. Bulldozer --- not sure what model D-6 (??) --- also looks cool!

I have a very tough time with their buildings, but have to admit to a growing respect for all of these new releases. Looking forward to picking up their SU-122-54 (late type) when it hits the shelves at my LHS. I've heard that their kits are complex, but I am willing to give them a try.

REALLY want to see MiniArt release an NVA Type 63 amphibious tank!!!!!!!

With Regards and Aloha,

Johnny B
Jmarles
Visit this Community
British Columbia, Canada
KitMaker: 1,138 posts
Armorama: 953 posts
Posted: Sunday, January 06, 2019 - 11:31 AM UTC
Love that gantry crane set - a step up above Italeri and a smaller, cheaper alternative to the Fries crane for those that want some form of crane dio. All the oil, fuel and jerry cans are welcome as is the road sign set which has smaller, more interesting shapes than the old Italeri and Tamiya ones. (Although I still love them!)

The M3s are a bit late for me; I have the Honey, The Tamiya Stuart, The Takom M3 Lee and the M3 recovery but I am sure they will be welcome.

The railcars are mildly interesting. The Middle East tank crew is cool....wonder if they would be good for an M113?

27-1025
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 1,281 posts
Armorama: 1,222 posts
Posted: Sunday, January 06, 2019 - 01:52 PM UTC
Happy to see them releasing another dozer model. Just hope they’ve finally been able to resolve the issues with their very brittle styrene.
M4A1Sherman
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 4,403 posts
Armorama: 4,078 posts
Posted: Sunday, January 06, 2019 - 05:29 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Sadly you could be right about the M3 series, but there is box art shown of the Soviet M3's in the grouping to keep hope alive, if only on life support.

What car/s are the civilians going to drive or work on?

For the desert war, that early gas/water cans set will come in handy.

My guess is that we'll see the Soviet and the British versions LONG before we see any of the US Army versions. Go figure- The US designs this tank, and we'll get the foreign versions first. Never fails- How many times have we seen "Beutepanzer" kits ahead of ANY of the original US/Allied versions of the same thing..?

Oh, and as far as US/Allied subjects are concerned, I'd like to know why it is that when a GI or a Tommy is released in the "Scale Figure World", it seems to take on the form of "Winter 1944" for the GI, and "North Africa" for the Tommy in great preponderance... Just my own observations, so you "WWII SS"-types needn't get your noses out of joint...
avenue
Visit this Community
Philippines
KitMaker: 544 posts
Armorama: 542 posts
Posted: Sunday, January 06, 2019 - 07:06 PM UTC
is the IDF tank crews compatible to 1973 conflict?
avenue
Visit this Community
Philippines
KitMaker: 544 posts
Armorama: 542 posts
Posted: Sunday, January 06, 2019 - 07:08 PM UTC
it is very sad that dragon abandone there 1/34th military figures.
TheoBraat
Visit this Community
Noord-Holland, Netherlands
KitMaker: 113 posts
Armorama: 113 posts
Posted: Monday, January 07, 2019 - 01:54 AM UTC

Quoted Text

is the IDF tank crews compatible to 1973 conflict?

Nope, totally different uniforms and helmets. Miniart's set is better suited for the eighties (figure on the right), but mostly for the nineties until the present day.
IDF tank crews around 1973 did wear tighter uniforms, and mostly the US tanker helmet like the one seen in Vietnam. Valkyrie has a set to give you and impression. Below that, IDF hero lieutenant Colonel Avigdor Kahalani with his Centurion crew, commanding 77th Armored Battalion/7th Brigade on the Golan Heights.

No doubt, Miniart will eventually also do a 1973 IDF crew, once there are enough good quality kits of AFV's on the market.
165thspc
Visit this Community
Kentucky, United States
KitMaker: 9,465 posts
Armorama: 8,695 posts
Posted: Monday, January 07, 2019 - 04:35 AM UTC
Seriously well done small gantry - a great replacement for what we have had all these many years!

Need more info on the bulldozer D6 - D7???? Nice safety cage but on what chassis?
RobinNilsson
Staff MemberTOS Moderator
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Stockholm, Sweden
KitMaker: 6,693 posts
Armorama: 5,562 posts
Posted: Monday, January 07, 2019 - 04:56 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Seriously well done small gantry - a great replacement for what we have had all these many years!

Need more info on the bulldozer D6 - D7???? Nice safety cage but on what chassis?

I would not be surprised if it is a variation of one of their kits of military bulldozers.
/ Robin
 _GOTOTOP