_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV
For discussions on tanks, artillery, jeeps, etc.
News
Eduard: Brassin Machine Guns
varanusk
Staff MemberManaging Editor
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
Santa Cruz de Tenerife, Spain / España
KitMaker: 1,288 posts
Armorama: 942 posts
Posted: Monday, January 21, 2019 - 09:13 PM UTC

In January, Eduardhas released two sets of Brassin machine guns, a German WWII MP 40 machine gun in 1/35 scale and a manually operated M2 Browning machine gun with handles in 1/48 scale.

Read the Full News Story

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!
system
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 364 posts
Armorama: 363 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 22, 2019 - 07:40 AM UTC
I bought a set of the M2s to dress up my Tamiya 1/48 M1A2. Very nice details, cleanly cast. A big improvement over the kit part.

Now that the AFV photoetch market seems to have shrunk, I'd like to see Eduard do more of their Brassin add-on parts line for military vehicles in the same way they do for aircraft, especially in 1/48 and 1/72 scales. Can I suggest starting with some 1/48 modern fuel cans and ammo boxes? There's not a lot out there...
clovis899
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 774 posts
Armorama: 605 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 22, 2019 - 11:16 AM UTC
Does it appear that the trigger and trigger guard for the MP-40 are molded as a solid piece? If so I think this would be a step backwards for 1/35 scale details. MAybe this is an old photo of a 1/48 scale product??

Rick
Charby
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
KitMaker: 78 posts
Armorama: 78 posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 23, 2019 - 04:07 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Does it appear that the trigger and trigger guard for the MP-40 are molded as a solid piece? If so I think this would be a step backwards for 1/35 scale details. MAybe this is an old photo of a 1/48 scale product??

Rick

Like Rick, I can't help but wonder about the "solid" trigger guards. If the trigger guards are ndeed solid on the actual thing, then I don't see the point in buying those.
Taeuss
Visit this Community
Manitoba, Canada
KitMaker: 3,791 posts
Armorama: 3,778 posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 23, 2019 - 06:54 AM UTC
I'm not unhappy with Dragon's Gen 3 weapons set so I don't see a reason for the MP40s; on the other hand the Browning M2s seem nice.
M4A1Sherman
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 4,403 posts
Armorama: 4,078 posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 23, 2019 - 11:30 PM UTC

Quoted Text

In January, Eduardhas released two sets of Brassin machine guns, a German WWII MP 40 machine gun in 1/35 scale and a manually operated M2 Browning machine gun with handles in 1/48 scale.

Read the Full News Story

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!

Would LOVE to see EDUARD do US/Allied weaponry, (all eras) in the 1/35 BRASSIN series. US/Allied weaponry in the great DRAGON "GEN 2"-series are very hard to come by. Of course, there is LIVE RESIN, which makes some really outstanding stuff, but they concentrate mainly on contemporary weaponry. Yes, I know they do some M1 Garand Rifles and M1911 Pistols, but we could definitely benefit from seeing more in the WWI and WWII/Korea realm. I'd like to see DRAGON offer expanded sets of their "GEN 2" US/Allied WWII weapons sets...
Charby
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
KitMaker: 78 posts
Armorama: 78 posts
Posted: Thursday, January 24, 2019 - 02:44 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Would LOVE to see EDUARD do US/Allied weaponry, (all eras) in the 1/35 BRASSIN series.

IMHO, there's a definite need for some state-of-the-art WWII and Korean-era US weapons, like the water-cooled M1917 machine gun, the M1919A6 light machine gun and, most importantly, accurate WWII-era M1 carbines with the earlier rear sight and without bayonnet lug.

Mortars and Bazookas would be nice too.

Cheers!
Taeuss
Visit this Community
Manitoba, Canada
KitMaker: 3,791 posts
Armorama: 3,778 posts
Posted: Thursday, January 24, 2019 - 10:30 AM UTC
Oops! I meant to say "Dragon Gen 2" weapon sets. Bad me. Though Dragon will -undoubtedly- release a "Gen 3" version someday. Maybe after the adults re-enter the room and the trade war ends.
 _GOTOTOP