_GOTOBOTTOM
Figures
Military figures of all shapes and sizes.
News
Evolution: German Tank Crew WW2
Maki
Staff MemberSenior Editor
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
Croatia Hrvatska
KitMaker: 5,579 posts
Armorama: 2,988 posts
Posted: Monday, February 25, 2019 - 08:14 PM UTC

Evolution Miniatures released a new set of 1/35 scale figures depicting German Tank Crew from WW2. Amazing sculpts from the talented hands of Sergey Traviansky.

Read the Full News Story

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!
M4A1Sherman
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 4,403 posts
Armorama: 4,078 posts
Posted: Monday, February 25, 2019 - 08:31 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Evolution Miniatures released a new set of 1/35 scale figures depicting German Tank Crew from WW2. Amazing sculpts from the talented hands of Sergey Traviansky.

Read the Full News Story

Thanks!

WOW!!! THIS is REEEALLY NEW!!! Never seen a WWII GERMAN PANZER CREW BEFORE!!!

Yeah, they're really NICE, but JEEZ!!!
Bravo1102
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 2,864 posts
Armorama: 2,497 posts
Posted: Monday, February 25, 2019 - 09:00 PM UTC
Mein gott! A Luftwaffe plane!@?!! Let me send up a flare!

Um, no mein herr you mistook the P-47 for a FW-190 again...
alanmac
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 3,033 posts
Armorama: 2,953 posts
Posted: Monday, February 25, 2019 - 09:02 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Yeah, Dennis, and we've never seen you complain about it before either.
maartenboersma
Visit this Community
Noord-Holland, Netherlands
KitMaker: 764 posts
Armorama: 742 posts
Posted: Monday, February 25, 2019 - 11:26 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Ha ha.... Good one !

Excellent looking set of figures,
You cant never have enough PZ crew members .
Yankasippi
Visit this Community
Mississippi, United States
KitMaker: 134 posts
Armorama: 133 posts
Posted: Tuesday, February 26, 2019 - 02:46 AM UTC
You will have seen my Panzer Art critique in the pervious story, and if you compare these Evolution figures to the Panzer Art figures, you will see exactly what I mean. These figures are exactly what I would describe as fine art.

They are indeed the best entire set of crew figures for a tank crew I have ever seen!
My hat off to Sergey for his wonderful work!
Tank1812
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 1,112 posts
Armorama: 886 posts
Posted: Tuesday, February 26, 2019 - 02:55 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Read the Full News Story

Thanks!

Why you be hating? They are making what they hope sells. In this case they make a lot of other figures too but even if they didn't still no reason to be bash them for what they want to make.
bill_c
Staff MemberCampaigns Administrator
MODEL SHIPWRIGHTS
Visit this Community
KitMaker: 10,553 posts
Armorama: 8,109 posts
Posted: Tuesday, February 26, 2019 - 05:49 AM UTC
Dennis, would you give it a REST!?!

The only company with better figure sets coming out is Stalingrad and not by all that much.
GreenBooRay
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 54 posts
Armorama: 35 posts
Posted: Tuesday, February 26, 2019 - 05:59 AM UTC
These will be an excellent addition to the "Achtung Jabo" figures released by Rado several months ago .... as well as the older Dragon set.
Taeuss
Visit this Community
Manitoba, Canada
KitMaker: 3,791 posts
Armorama: 3,778 posts
Posted: Tuesday, February 26, 2019 - 10:53 AM UTC
Ye-hah! Party on the Panther! These are really nice and perhaps represent real life more accurately (Man, #3 sure is scruffy!) Going to have to look into getting a few of these -esp the commander with the flare pistol.
M4A1Sherman
Visit this Community
New York, United States
Posted: Tuesday, February 26, 2019 - 04:14 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

OK, but HOW MANY WWII US/Allied Tank Crews do you see out there in comparison to the armies of German or for that matter, SS Panzer Crews..? Um-hmm, I thought so...
M4A1Sherman
Visit this Community
New York, United States
Posted: Tuesday, February 26, 2019 - 04:19 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Dennis, would you give it a REST!?!

The only company with better figure sets coming out is Stalingrad and not by all that much.

No... I won't...

PS- DITTO, as far as what you said about STALINGRAD figures...
M4A1Sherman
Visit this Community
New York, United States
Posted: Tuesday, February 26, 2019 - 04:21 PM UTC

Quoted Text

That P-47 Pilot was looking for these guys...
Bravo1102
Visit this Community
KitMaker: 2,864 posts
Armorama: 2,497 posts
Posted: Tuesday, February 26, 2019 - 10:51 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Target of opportunity.

And you keep on being a curmudgeon. You're just saying what so many are thinking.
Tank1812
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, February 26, 2019 - 11:39 PM UTC
Has anyone asked these companies directly, with references of what you want to see, instead of hating on ever product release.

Do folks follow up with your wallet? You cannot fault a company for releasing products that sale well and it seems WW2 German sells well.
obg153
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 1,063 posts
Armorama: 1,049 posts
Posted: Wednesday, February 27, 2019 - 02:50 AM UTC
"Party on the Panther" might be a fitting scene. Standing alone with his coat hanging open, the guy with the flare gun looks a bit drunk, and the ones looking up aren't scanning for Jabos, they're saying, "Mein Gott,, it's almost daylight!"
M4A1Sherman
Visit this Community
New York, United States
Posted: Wednesday, February 27, 2019 - 10:33 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Target of opportunity.

And you keep on being a curmudgeon. You're just saying what so many are thinking.

Thank You, Steve!

(Between the P-47 and the P-51, I'd say that they're a big toss-up in my "favorites" book)
M4A1Sherman
Visit this Community
New York, United States
Posted: Wednesday, February 27, 2019 - 10:39 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Has anyone asked these companies directly, with references of what you want to see, instead of hating on ever product release.

Do folks follow up with your wallet? You cannot fault a company for releasing products that sale well and it seems WW2 German sells well.

Consider this:

If there were more WWII US/Allied subject matter on the market, maybe it would become just as popular as the German stuff...
Taeuss
Visit this Community
Manitoba, Canada
KitMaker: 3,791 posts
Armorama: 3,778 posts
Posted: Wednesday, February 27, 2019 - 12:53 PM UTC
Maybe, but manufacturers -who are often little cottage-industry companies- can not afford a misstep. Testing the water carefully might yield an answer though I doubt that the wild and weird Asian market wouldn't really take to it as they seem to have a real case of puppy love/hoarding for German subjects. Hard to argue with what sells wildly.
nsjohn
Visit this Community
Scotland, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 279 posts
Armorama: 265 posts
Posted: Wednesday, February 27, 2019 - 01:33 PM UTC
But it has always been that way. Even David Willey who is the curator at Bovington (which is after all the BRITISH tank museum) said in 2011 in his foreward to the Haynes Manual on the Tiger that the Shop sold publication after publication on German AFVs and Allied stuff was a very poor second.
Tank1812
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, February 27, 2019 - 11:57 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Consider this:

If there were more WWII US/Allied subject matter on the market, maybe it would become just as popular as the German stuff...

Have you contacted any who you like their products directly with photos of poses you like? Your already fighting an uphill stream on German vs Allied, it's going to take the extra effort to see if any results. Posting on this or any other forum generic I wants won't get it done. Hating on product releases you don't like won't win you any manufacturing friends. They will need those sales money to offer you products that won't do as well sales wise.
M4A1Sherman
Visit this Community
New York, United States
Posted: Thursday, February 28, 2019 - 10:08 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Consider this:

Have you contacted any who you like their products directly with photos of poses you like? Your already fighting an uphill stream on German vs Allied, it's going to take the extra effort to see if any results. Posting on this or any other forum generic I wants won't get it done. Hating on product releases you don't like won't win you any manufacturing friends. They will need those sales money to offer you products that won't do as well sales wise.

I don't want to "keep whipping a dead horse", so I'm going to ask this question:

Do any of you guys think that I haven't been writing and emailing the big manufacturers about this disparity in subject-matter..?

It would be nice to have a little bit of support...
Tank1812
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, February 28, 2019 - 12:27 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Consider this:

I don't want to "keep whipping a dead horse", so I'm going to ask this question:

Do any of you guys think that I haven't been writing and emailing the big manufacturers about this disparity in subject-matter..?

I don't know, which is why I asked. From you response it appears you may have been generic and all I am saying is one should be specific on that request. I am all for more US tank crews. As I am new to adding figures in builds I am not sure what I would want.
M4A1Sherman
Visit this Community
New York, United States
Posted: Thursday, February 28, 2019 - 10:56 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Consider this:

I don't know, which is why I asked. From you response it appears you may have been generic and all I am saying is one should be specific on that request. I am all for more US tank crews. As I am new to adding figures in builds I am not sure what I would want.

Hi, Ryan!

I haven't just been writing and emailing the big manufacturers about WWII US Tank Crews; I've mentioned a lot of Allied Tank Crews as well as more US/Allied Armor and Soft-skins, as well. I'm not going to go into specifics, because I'm only going to get shot down, AGAIN...

As I said before, "It would be nice to have some support"...

I've said this numerous before:

If anything is ever to be released by the big manufacturers as far as more newly-tooled WWII US/Allied figures and vehicles are concerned, a concerted and active effort by modelers may get the big companies' attention. But every time I've said this, the "Panzer Clique" on this site tells me to shut up...
alanmac
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 3,033 posts
Armorama: 2,953 posts
Posted: Thursday, February 28, 2019 - 11:02 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

OK, but HOW MANY WWII US/Allied Tank Crews do you see out there in comparison to the armies of German or for that matter, SS Panzer Crews..? Um-hmm, I thought so...

The fact that you are able to comment doesn't mean you should do....
The subject of the article is pretty obvious from the title so if it's not of relevance or interest to you then you have the option not to read it and in not reading it you won't get your pants in a twist about it. No ones forcing you to read the article.

_GOTOTOP