_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV
For discussions on tanks, artillery, jeeps, etc.
News
Italeri: Magirus RSO/03
tatbaqui
Staff MemberNews Writer
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
Metro Manila, Philippines
KitMaker: 2,713 posts
Armorama: 2,451 posts
Posted: Saturday, March 09, 2019 - 09:56 PM UTC

Italeri re-issues its RSO/03 and PaK 40 set, and now comes packaged with a new box-art.

Read the Full News Story

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!
johhar
Visit this Community
Alabama, United States
KitMaker: 476 posts
Armorama: 447 posts
Posted: Sunday, March 10, 2019 - 05:51 AM UTC
I built Italeri's RSO kit #227 a long time ago and thought it was a good kit. This looks interesting, which is my way of saying........ maybe I would buy it.
Jmarles
Visit this Community
British Columbia, Canada
KitMaker: 1,138 posts
Armorama: 953 posts
Posted: Sunday, March 10, 2019 - 06:28 AM UTC
A very old kit, but not Italeri's worst. The base kit is of course based on the old Peerless/Max effort and was quite ahead of it's time. I suppose the biggest issues are the crappy tracks and the Pak 40 wheels don't have the little ruts in them. If you happen to have a Dragon pak 40 in your stash you can use the extra wheels. That's my plan as I already bought this the first time around
Yankasippi
Visit this Community
Mississippi, United States
KitMaker: 134 posts
Armorama: 133 posts
Posted: Sunday, March 10, 2019 - 08:13 AM UTC
Excellent new box art. Uhhhh, that is the only thing new about these items other than they are sold in one box.
The RSO could be improved With K59 parts and metal tracks from Masterclub or Fruel.
Taeuss
Visit this Community
Manitoba, Canada
KitMaker: 3,791 posts
Armorama: 3,778 posts
Posted: Sunday, March 10, 2019 - 12:42 PM UTC
The RSO is old but at least an interesting variant but the PAK40 just has to go. Upgrading the tracks would be an obvious improvement, as would raiding the Dragon kit if you have one for extra parts. I do it all the time as an easy upgrade. On a silly dare I recently did just that with the original 1969 release Tamiya Tiger I -there wasn't much left after it absorbed a god part of my spares box. Yes, it was a silly dare but hey, we are building models, right?
Yankasippi
Visit this Community
Mississippi, United States
KitMaker: 134 posts
Armorama: 133 posts
Posted: Monday, March 11, 2019 - 08:38 AM UTC
Hey Frank, that is a great idea, doing the old mother of all tank kits! Good for you. Though I have disposed of many old kits I have two of those I can't part with. They were built back when I was just getting started (1975) and modeling was a joy like never before as far as hobbies go!
 _GOTOTOP