_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV
For discussions on tanks, artillery, jeeps, etc.
News
MiniArt: Ukrainian Mine Clearer
tatbaqui
Staff MemberNews Writer
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
Metro Manila, Philippines
KitMaker: 2,713 posts
Armorama: 2,451 posts
Posted: Thursday, April 11, 2019 - 10:33 PM UTC

Next to roll off MiniArt’s production line is a BMR-1 kit fitted with another variant of the KMT mine plow.

Read the Full News Story

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!
M4A1Sherman
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 4,403 posts
Armorama: 4,078 posts
Posted: Thursday, April 11, 2019 - 11:34 PM UTC
Ohhh Kaaaay, so WHERE are the US and British M3 Lees and Grants..?
Invincible
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 148 posts
Armorama: 122 posts
Posted: Saturday, April 13, 2019 - 07:19 AM UTC
I understand you haven't been very well served with your shermans and M3s, but this constant whining on every non-american vehicle news thread is now getting quite tedious.
M4A1Sherman
Visit this Community
New York, United States
Posted: Saturday, April 13, 2019 - 07:31 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I understand you haven't been very well served with your shermans and M3s, but this constant whining on every non-american vehicle news thread is now getting quite tedious.

Don't read my posts, then...

You exaggerate. It's not EVERY non-American vehicle news thread; it's every OTHER non-American vehicle news thread... DID I or DID I NOT also mention your BRITISH M3 Grants in my "whine"..?
Invincible
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 148 posts
Armorama: 122 posts
Posted: Saturday, April 13, 2019 - 08:08 AM UTC
Yes you did mention them, and Takom makes them.
SCAMELL
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 18 posts
Armorama: 18 posts
Posted: Saturday, April 13, 2019 - 11:02 AM UTC
Chill!
SCAMELL
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 18 posts
Armorama: 18 posts
Posted: Saturday, April 13, 2019 - 11:03 AM UTC
Chill!..
M4A1Sherman
Visit this Community
New York, United States
Posted: Saturday, April 13, 2019 - 08:10 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Yes you did mention them, and Takom makes them.

Yes, I realize that, Thank You. BUT! MINIART has advertised that there will be M3 Lee/Grants WITH INTERIORS, AND in several different versions, which TAKOM does not make. I would think that as a British modeler, you would have agreed that STATE-OF-THE-ART BRITISH Lee/Grants with Interiors are wanting in today's modeling market, as are the original US Army's M3 Lees. This is ESPECIALLY TRUE for any US or British WWII Tank or AFV, since MINIART has built themselves a very fine reputation for producing quality-merchandise aside from making vehicles with interiors. Yes, the TAKOM kits are VERY nice, indeed. BUT! I think that MINIARM can do BETTER... The question is WHEN will we see them..? Ten years from now..?

I've been jumping up-and-down for a series of WWII US/British and other Allied subject-matter for years on end. Don't you think that I just MIGHT be getting sick and tired of "constantly" spouting my "tale of woe"..? It's not just on my account. Recently, a few other modelers on this site have joined me in my "outcry" for more of "OUR", (i.e, WWII US, British & Commonwealth) vehicles and military personnel- I don't feel so alone any more...

I raised the question over the M3s in the beginning of this thread because MINIARM has come out with all kinds of OTHER stuff in the meantime, such as that insipid "Sharotank". And this, after whetting WWII Allied fans' appetites for the M3s! If THIS sounds like "cry-babying" to you, then so be it. IMO, MINIART has been dragging their feet with the M3s. Who knows? MAYBE we'll NEVER see them after all, and that WOULD be sad...
retiredyank
Visit this Community
Arkansas, United States
KitMaker: 11,610 posts
Armorama: 7,843 posts
Posted: Sunday, April 14, 2019 - 06:25 AM UTC
I fail to understand the poseable hatches. There is no interior and those hatches would expose quite a lot of it.
RobinNilsson
Staff MemberTOS Moderator
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Stockholm, Sweden
KitMaker: 6,693 posts
Armorama: 5,562 posts
Posted: Sunday, April 14, 2019 - 06:36 AM UTC
Fill the hatch holes with crew figures?
/ Robin
retiredyank
Visit this Community
Arkansas, United States
KitMaker: 11,610 posts
Armorama: 7,843 posts
Posted: Sunday, April 14, 2019 - 06:54 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Fill the hatch holes with crew figures?
/ Robin

The two on the engine deck would be odd and the one on the rear of the tower looks too big.
StarForce
Visit this Community
Bucuresti, Romania
KitMaker: 41 posts
Armorama: 41 posts
Posted: Monday, April 15, 2019 - 11:50 PM UTC
If I'm not mistaken MiniArt has a separate kit with the engine. Not only that but it's always a good idea to have hatches that can be posed open rather than moulded closed. It's always good to have some options rather than no option at all.
And it's not just about putting figures, but maybe someone likes to scratch build an interior or maybe some AM company will put out something for the interior.
 _GOTOTOP