_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV
For discussions on tanks, artillery, jeeps, etc.
News
Rado: Stowage for Willys MB
Graywolf
Staff MemberSenior Editor
HISTORICUS FORMA
Visit this Community
Izmir, Turkey / Türkçe
KitMaker: 6,405 posts
Armorama: 1,850 posts
Posted: Monday, April 15, 2019 - 08:14 PM UTC

Rado Miniatures started a new series - Heavy Load series, new line of stowage sets for AFVs and vehicles.rnrnRadek Pituch informed us the first set is dedicated to the icon of the US Army, Willys MB!

Read the Full News Story

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!
M4A1Sherman
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 4,403 posts
Armorama: 4,078 posts
Posted: Monday, April 15, 2019 - 11:36 PM UTC
Thank You, Engin!

NICE!!!
m4sherman
Visit this Community
Arizona, United States
KitMaker: 1,866 posts
Armorama: 1,808 posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 16, 2019 - 08:16 AM UTC
Looks nice, but with that load the back end would sag a bit. Odd, they accidentally used the spare wheel on the right rear hub. Oopsie.
M4A1Sherman
Visit this Community
New York, United States
Posted: Tuesday, April 16, 2019 - 11:26 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Looks nice, but with that load the back end would sag a bit. Odd, they accidentally used the spare wheel on the right rear hub. Oopsie.

hi, Randy!

I can see your point. Then again, have you ever looked closely at photos showing the way some of the British and US Jeeps looked before, during and after the Airborne landings on D-Day? Loaded to the rafters! I'm surprised that they could even be driven with those loads on... Then there are all of those WWII film clips of 187 Bomber Crew members or Fighter Pilots piled into and onto a single Jeep! One wonders how the poor little things didn't collapse!!!
m4sherman
Visit this Community
Arizona, United States
KitMaker: 1,866 posts
Armorama: 1,808 posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 16, 2019 - 04:40 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

hi, Randy!

I can see your point. Then again, have you ever looked closely at photos showing the way some of the British and US Jeeps looked before, during and after the Airborne landings on D-Day? Loaded to the rafters! I'm surprised that they could even be driven with those loads on... Then there are all of those WWII film clips of 187 Bomber Crew members or Fighter Pilots piled into and onto a single Jeep! One wonders how the poor little things didn't collapse!!!

I had six guys in my Jeep once, the back was riding low, but it still managed to get where we were going. I was just thinking the load would settle the rear a bit.
M4A1Sherman
Visit this Community
New York, United States
Posted: Tuesday, April 16, 2019 - 07:57 PM UTC
Hi!

Oh, no doubt! It wouldn't be too hard to "settle" the rear end a little bit. I for one, have no plans to buy one of these sets. I've modeled my 1/35 TAMIYA Jeeps with "minimal" stowage...
Taeuss
Visit this Community
Manitoba, Canada
KitMaker: 3,791 posts
Armorama: 3,778 posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 17, 2019 - 04:11 AM UTC
No Sh** heavy stowage! You can barely see the vehicle once the guys are onboard. It happened, but I also wouldn't want to overload my kit. Nice that it's offered though.
 _GOTOTOP