_GOTOBOTTOM
AFV Painting & Weathering
Answers to questions about the right paint scheme or tips for the right effect.
Meng Merkava 3D colour
smith_rc3
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 69 posts
Armorama: 66 posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 23, 2019 - 06:52 PM UTC
Hi All I have the Meng Merkava 3D and I brought the Ammo of Mig IDF set which has IDF Sinai Grey 82, it looks right to me but and because the instructions do not mention Ammo of Mig colours, I wonder if someone can say whether this is right please...
ReluctantRenegade
Visit this Community
Wien, Austria
KitMaker: 2,408 posts
Armorama: 2,300 posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 23, 2019 - 08:04 PM UTC
I'm not familiar with Ammo's '82 IDF Sinai Grey, but the color used during the '82 campaign has been slightly revised in the early '90s (became a bit greener). The change is so subtle though, I wouldn't have any problem using the above mentioned shade. Besides, the color on IDF vehicles shows huge variations anyway. Add some weathering, and you can get away with pretty much any color that shows some resemblance to the original.

smith_rc3
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 69 posts
Armorama: 66 posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 24, 2019 - 07:43 PM UTC
Thanks for getting back to me I will try it as it looks the best colour to my eyes
cabasner
Visit this Community
Nevada, United States
KitMaker: 1,083 posts
Armorama: 1,014 posts
Posted: Saturday, May 11, 2019 - 02:47 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Thanks for getting back to me I will try it as it looks the best colour to my eyes

Do you have a particular brand of paint that you like or prefer to use over other brands? I have some very specific thoughts, but they relate to Tamiya paints. If you like Tamiya, I’d be happy to provide you with some thoughts...
 _GOTOTOP