_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV
For discussions on tanks, artillery, jeeps, etc.
News
Hobby Boss: Tiger II and FlaKwagen
tatbaqui
Staff MemberNews Writer
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
Metro Manila, Philippines
KitMaker: 2,713 posts
Armorama: 2,451 posts
Posted: Saturday, May 04, 2019 - 07:47 PM UTC

Hobby Boss' June release schedule lists a late production King Tiger, as well as a gun and FlaK combo on rails.

Read the Full News Story

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!
alanmac
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 3,033 posts
Armorama: 2,953 posts
Posted: Saturday, May 04, 2019 - 11:16 PM UTC
Hi

The King Tiger boxart is very much in the style of Ron Volstad in my opinion. Certainly with the figures just to the side and the faded back building etc reminds me of the great ones he's done over the years for Dragon.

Alan
Nate_W
Visit this Community
Missouri, United States
KitMaker: 395 posts
Armorama: 391 posts
Posted: Sunday, May 05, 2019 - 02:40 AM UTC
Hey alan! Yeah, I can sort of see the similarity composition wise. Honestly though, I'd put Ron in a league of his own. In my opinion, he's absolutely the best of the best when it comes to box art and I love his work. I credit his work with being one of the big things that got 12yr old me into modelling back min 1998. If I could purchase a print of his "kampfgruppe Von Luck" boxart it would certainly adorn my office wall.
M4A1Sherman
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 4,403 posts
Armorama: 4,078 posts
Posted: Sunday, May 05, 2019 - 05:54 AM UTC
Removed by original poster on 05/05/19 - 19:15:58 (GMT).
alanmac
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 3,033 posts
Armorama: 2,953 posts
Posted: Sunday, May 05, 2019 - 07:17 AM UTC

Quoted Text

:0

Yes, Denis that just about sums up what we think of your continued posting in threads regarding any axis release. I guess we ought to be grateful for small mercies that we haven't been treated to half a page of drivel about what they should have released instead........
Bravo1102
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 2,864 posts
Armorama: 2,497 posts
Posted: Sunday, May 05, 2019 - 08:00 PM UTC
Hobby Boss has to cash in on the panzer power money train so they can release the Renault light tanks.

Judging from their previous release they're going for another market than Dragon so this doesn't add another Tiger so much as compliment what is already out there. More and better choices for the consumer.
Taeuss
Visit this Community
Manitoba, Canada
KitMaker: 3,791 posts
Armorama: 3,778 posts
Posted: Monday, May 06, 2019 - 03:43 AM UTC
Nice cover art on the King Tiger but I'm otherwise disinterested as the field is already well-represented; on the other hand the Flak wagon looks interesting for those with the interest -and space- to assemble a train-worth. I hope that they both sell well as only through this is there a chance at other, more esoteric releases.
Kelley
Visit this Community
Georgia, United States
KitMaker: 1,966 posts
Armorama: 1,635 posts
Posted: Monday, May 06, 2019 - 04:23 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Yes, Denis that just about sums up what we think of your continued posting in threads regarding any axis release. I guess we ought to be grateful for small mercies that we haven't been treated to half a page of drivel about what they should have released instead........

Amen Alan!
M4A1Sherman
Visit this Community
New York, United States
Posted: Monday, May 06, 2019 - 10:30 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Drivel..? C'MON. ALAN! Consider the boorish way in which you've just answered my "non-comment". Besides, who exactly, is "we"..? Are you ABSOLUTELY SURE that maybe the "we" you're referring to may not be as many people as you think..?

I SHOULD have added a not very veiled hint in my initial post in this particular thread that YOU would no doubt post some derogatory slur directed towards me because I posted a harmless little yawning emoji. Are you SO SENSITIVE as to take offense with a tiny little cartoon caricature..?

Really, Alan...

PS- My name is spelled with TWO "n"s; all you needed to do was to refer to the bottom left of my post...
M4A1Sherman
Visit this Community
New York, United States
Posted: Monday, May 06, 2019 - 10:32 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Amen Alan!

Parrot...
M4A1Sherman
Visit this Community
New York, United States
Posted: Monday, May 06, 2019 - 10:36 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Nice cover art on the King Tiger but I'm otherwise disinterested as the field is already well-represented; on the other hand the Flak wagon looks interesting for those with the interest -and space- to assemble a train-worth. I hope that they both sell well as only through this is there a chance at other, more esoteric releases.

Thanks, Frank!

I COULD have posted what you just said, but I'm SURE that Alan would have found fault with what you've posted IF I had done the same...

PS- Honorable Mention to Mike... Gee, "Honorable Mention"; that's just about LAST PLACE, isn't it..?
Jmarles
Visit this Community
British Columbia, Canada
KitMaker: 1,138 posts
Armorama: 953 posts
Posted: Monday, May 06, 2019 - 02:44 PM UTC
Thank heavens for the "hide user" option.
Bravo1102
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 2,864 posts
Armorama: 2,497 posts
Posted: Monday, May 06, 2019 - 09:43 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Thank heavens for the "hide user" option.

Then the threads all become a one sided reaction to something you don't read.
I love it.
 _GOTOTOP