_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV
For discussions on tanks, artillery, jeeps, etc.
News
MiniArt: Grant Mk. I
tatbaqui
Staff MemberNews Writer
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
Metro Manila, Philippines
KitMaker: 2,713 posts
Armorama: 2,451 posts
Posted: Saturday, May 25, 2019 - 09:26 PM UTC

Soon to roll out of the MiniArt production line is the Grant medium tank that will come with interior details.

Read the Full News Story

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!
M4A1Sherman
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 4,403 posts
Armorama: 4,078 posts
Posted: Sunday, May 26, 2019 - 02:36 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Soon to roll out of the MiniArt production line is the Grant medium tank that will come with interior details.

Read the Full News Story

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!

Thank You Tat!

HURRAH!!!

WHERE are the US M3 Lees..? The US M3 Lees were the originals of the type, and they were US-made. Think about it...
Andisak
Visit this Community
Stockholm, Sweden
KitMaker: 28 posts
Armorama: 22 posts
Posted: Sunday, May 26, 2019 - 09:13 AM UTC
Nice indeed.
Has anyone seen anything regarding a release date?
Nothing stated by Miniart as far as I have seen on fb and other forums.
M4A1Sherman
Visit this Community
New York, United States
Posted: Sunday, May 26, 2019 - 12:31 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Nice indeed.
Has anyone seen anything regarding a release date?
Nothing stated by Miniart as far as I have seen on fb and other forums.

Wish I knew...
Bravo1102
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 2,864 posts
Armorama: 2,497 posts
Posted: Monday, May 27, 2019 - 01:41 AM UTC
I just saw on Twitter there's a built up Grant I kit on the Miniart table at the Kyiv Battle Model show.

I have so much in the stash I can wait. (Including an Airfix 1/32 I literally spent years trying to get because once upon a time it was the only hope for a reasonably accurate Grant with everything right from the start. The Academy was such a disappointment without the driver's periscope or a turret interior outside of the gun breach and still with the US radio? Huh? Though the Grant was reissued with the correct suspension within year. Battle of El Alamein edition with a Masterbox NW Europe British tank crew in pixie suits? Double huh?)

And I think I'm the only guy ever to build a Tamiya Grant as a Mark II with the diesel engine by switching out the exhaust and rear from their Lee abomination. And scratching the engine deck.
m4sherman
Visit this Community
Arizona, United States
KitMaker: 1,866 posts
Armorama: 1,808 posts
Posted: Monday, May 27, 2019 - 03:24 AM UTC
Looks nice. Be curious about the reviews.

What/where is the location for the box art? India, Tunisia?
M4A1Sherman
Visit this Community
New York, United States
Posted: Monday, May 27, 2019 - 03:58 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Looks nice. Be curious about the reviews.

What/where is the location for the box art? India, Tunisia?

My guess would be Tunisia. Many of the Grants shipped to India were still in their Temperate Zone colors...
M4A1Sherman
Visit this Community
New York, United States
Posted: Monday, May 27, 2019 - 04:07 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I just saw on Twitter there's a built up Grant I kit on the Miniart table at the Kyiv Battle Model show.

I have so much in the stash I can wait. (Including an Airfix 1/32 I literally spent years trying to get because once upon a time it was the only hope for a reasonably accurate Grant with everything right from the start. The Academy was such a disappointment without the driver's periscope or a turret interior outside of the gun breach and still with the US radio? Huh? Though the Grant was reissued with the correct suspension within year. Battle of El Alamein edition with a Masterbox NW Europe British tank crew in pixie suits? Double huh?)

And I think I'm the only guy ever to build a Tamiya Grant as a Mark II with the diesel engine by switching out the exhaust and rear from their Lee abomination. And scratching the engine deck.

Ahh, yes... The trials and tribulations some of us "fuss-budgets" went through to achieve Lee/Grant "half-way goodness"...

Am I waxing-nostalgic..? NOT ON YOUR LIFE! That's why I will break down and buy ONE EACH of the new MINIART Lee and Grant kits... I don't need to build every version, and I don't need to build one in every color scheme. Those days ARE OVER!!!
Taeuss
Visit this Community
Manitoba, Canada
KitMaker: 3,791 posts
Armorama: 3,778 posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 28, 2019 - 03:33 AM UTC
Guess my older Academy kit won't get built after all...
Vodnik
Visit this Community
Warszawa, Poland
KitMaker: 4,342 posts
Armorama: 3,938 posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 28, 2019 - 07:45 PM UTC

Quoted Text

WHERE are the US M3 Lees..? The US M3 Lees were the originals of the type, and they were US-made. Think about it...

Miniart showed images of early M3 Lee at the same time, as they posted those Grant pics. I don't know why Armorama only showed Grant, but not Lee in this new story. Both kits will be released at the same time next month (hopefully...).

https://miniart-models.com/products/35206-m3-lee-early-production-interior-kit/

RobinNilsson
Staff MemberTOS Moderator
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Stockholm, Sweden
KitMaker: 6,693 posts
Armorama: 5,562 posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 28, 2019 - 08:48 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Miniart showed images of early M3 Lee at the same time, as they posted those Grant pics. I don't know why Armorama only showed Grant, but not Lee in this new story. Both kits will be released at the same time next month (hopefully...).

Bravo1102
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 2,864 posts
Armorama: 2,497 posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 28, 2019 - 09:52 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

And the US decals have inversed colors on the stars and serial number on the one. and only one 1st Armored division triangle when there should be four.

Or at least according to all the books I've read and talking to the curator at the old Patton museum.
ivanhoe6
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
KitMaker: 2,023 posts
Armorama: 1,234 posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 29, 2019 - 01:04 AM UTC
Thanks Pawel for the link ! Stephen, this is where the after market boys will step in with both variety & accuracy (I hope).
Anyway, this kit will make me break my vow of, "no new kits"!
RobinNilsson
Staff MemberTOS Moderator
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Stockholm, Sweden
KitMaker: 6,693 posts
Armorama: 5,562 posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 29, 2019 - 01:42 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Thanks Pawel for the link ! Stephen, this is where the after market boys will step in with both variety & accuracy (I hope).
Anyway, this kit will make me break my vow of, "no new kits"!

The wow that broke the wow?

/ Robin
M4A1Sherman
Visit this Community
New York, United States
Posted: Wednesday, May 29, 2019 - 04:29 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

A little bit of "bias", perhaps..?

It remains to be seen if MINIART will actually release the Grant Mk.I AND the M3 Lee at the same time. Stranger things HAVE happened...

I like MINIART's "SOON"... "SOON" can be interpreted as "within the next 5 minutes" or "within the next 15 years"...

AFV CLUB said "SOON" about their M8 75mm HMC, too!
M4A1Sherman
Visit this Community
New York, United States
Posted: Wednesday, May 29, 2019 - 04:33 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

And the US decals have inversed colors on the stars and serial number on the one. and only one 1st Armored division triangle when there should be four.

Or at least according to all the books I've read and talking to the curator at the old Patton museum.

Didn't ECHELON make an US Army M3 Lee decal sheet that took care of those questions when the ACADEMY Lee/Grant kits came out..? Not excusing MINIART, just asking about the decals...
M4A1Sherman
Visit this Community
New York, United States
Posted: Wednesday, May 29, 2019 - 04:36 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

That's what I call "a big mistake"...
tatbaqui
Staff MemberNews Writer
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
Metro Manila, Philippines
KitMaker: 2,713 posts
Armorama: 2,451 posts
Posted: Saturday, June 01, 2019 - 01:50 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

MiniArt sends Armorama news on what it calls "New Kits in Progress", in this case the Grant Mk I, as posted. In a similar fashion, news on its M3 Lee (Early) was published late last year: https://armorama.kitmaker.net/news/30189
 _GOTOTOP