_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV
For discussions on tanks, artillery, jeeps, etc.
News
Italeri: VK 4501(P) is back
varanusk
Staff MemberManaging Editor
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
Santa Cruz de Tenerife, Spain / Espaņa
KitMaker: 1,288 posts
Armorama: 942 posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 09, 2019 - 09:48 PM UTC

Italeri re-releases the VK 4501(P) with some improvements.

Read the Full News Story

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!
Cantstopbuyingkits
Visit this Community
European Union
KitMaker: 2,099 posts
Armorama: 1,920 posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 10, 2019 - 02:57 AM UTC
The Dragon and AH kits are better.
Bravo1102
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 2,864 posts
Armorama: 2,497 posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 10, 2019 - 06:08 AM UTC

Quoted Text

The Dragon kit is a different version. The AH and Italeri are the actual original prototypes, the Dragon kit is of the ones modified as command vehicles for the Elefant sp unit.

The Dragon kit was released as the Girls und Panzer leopard team tank which is the prototype with a different turret and engine deck like the Italeri one.
M4A1Sherman
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 4,403 posts
Armorama: 4,078 posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 10, 2019 - 08:34 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

The Dragon kit is a different version. The AH and Italeri are the actual original prototypes, the Dragon kit is of the ones modified as command vehicles for the Elefant sp unit.

The Dragon kit was released as the Girls und Panzer leopard team tank which is the prototype with a different turret and engine deck like the Italeri one.

OHHH, NOOO!!! NOW what am I gonna do??? Here I bought 2 of the DRAGON Pz.Kpfw.IV (P) Vk.4501 kits and 2 of their Pz.Kpfw.IV (P) "Bergepanzer" kits when THEY first came out!!! Still untouched in their original shrink-wraps! And OH, GEE! I bought 4 sets of after-market Tracks for them, too!!! Guess I'll have to throw them ALL right into the garbage because ITALERI just re-released their OLD Pz.VI (P) in a new box!!! I'll have to forget all about buying the HOBBY BOSS(?) kits, too!!!

PS- They're NOT for sale...
ninjrk
Visit this Community
Alabama, United States
KitMaker: 1,381 posts
Armorama: 1,347 posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 10, 2019 - 11:36 AM UTC
The Amusing Hobby kit is so much better than the Italeri kit and so reasonably priced I can't think what the purpose of this re-release would be.
Jmarles
Visit this Community
British Columbia, Canada
KitMaker: 1,138 posts
Armorama: 953 posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 10, 2019 - 01:39 PM UTC
The biggest problem with the Italeri offering is the weird angled rear sheets on the chassis tub - welded and "fixed" in an incorrect position by museum staff and thus pure fantasy .
tangodown
Visit this Community
New Brunswick, Canada
KitMaker: 213 posts
Armorama: 198 posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 10, 2019 - 02:00 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

OHHH, NOOO!!! NOW what am I gonna do??? Here I bought 2 of the DRAGON Pz.Kpfw.IV (P) Vk.4501 kits and 2 of their Pz.Kpfw.IV (P) "Bergepanzer" kits when THEY first came out!!! Still untouched in their original shrink-wraps! And OH, GEE! I bought 4 sets of after-market Tracks for them, too!!! Guess I'll have to throw them ALL right into the garbage because ITALERI just re-released their OLD Pz.VI (P) in a new box!!! I'll have to forget all about buying the HOBBY BOSS(?) kits, too!!!

0 contribution points to the subject dude, What the heck!?
P.S no one wants your kits. Enjoy your stash.
brekinapez
Visit this Community
Georgia, United States
KitMaker: 2,272 posts
Armorama: 1,860 posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 10, 2019 - 04:23 PM UTC

Quoted Text

That guy is one of a few people I have blocked, but I can tell who it is from the post you quoted. A real pleasurable contributor to any post. You might consider blocking him as well. Broken record; broken caps-lock.
Taeuss
Visit this Community
Manitoba, Canada
KitMaker: 3,791 posts
Armorama: 3,778 posts
Posted: Thursday, July 11, 2019 - 04:28 AM UTC
Odd timing on this release as just last week I was telling a friend at the club about kitbashing the Dragon kit to make the original version with the stepped turret roof and Henschel Tiger I-style driver and bow gun position using the Italeri kit that has been neglected in my stash for the better part of ten years or so. Odd that no one except little ol' Italeri offers this so I'm planning on using their basic turret (or maybe just the roof) and mix it up with the vastly-superior Dragon stuff. I'd like to see the Amusing Hobby version as well, but otherwise I see no reason why anyone would be excited by Italeri's tired old re-release.
Bravo1102
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 2,864 posts
Armorama: 2,497 posts
Posted: Thursday, July 11, 2019 - 05:13 AM UTC
I got it before the AH kit came out because I wanted the prototype as in Girls und Panzer. Yeah, me and my anime.

My LHS was going out of business and I got it for next to nothing and this was at a time when it wasn't in the catalog.

So how well distributed is Amusing Hobby in Europe? That is Italeri's home market. They may not consider it any competition and with this decal sheet they're targeting it as the prototype not the ones used in action as command vehicles like the Dragon kit. Which also doesn't exactly saturate Europe like Italeri either.

Italeri doesn't have to concern itself with our complaints about a mold from 30 years ago being reissued. It's paid off and they have their home market.

This isn't about us because were not their market.
teh111
Visit this Community
Berlin, Germany
KitMaker: 23 posts
Armorama: 22 posts
Posted: Thursday, July 11, 2019 - 01:07 PM UTC
After I a big research on the Prototypes of Panzer VI P I have to say the Amusing one is the best detailed Kit the DML has some parts that never was and the Italerie Kit got the best measures of all .It lacks a row of holes behind the engraved line of the enginedeck and it got a bad ballmount and a to small Fahrersehklappe and the tracks are useless but it is worth to buy the friuls fit very well and the bad parts could be replaced very easily.And it is the cheapest of all Tiger Pīs and it got a new sheet of decals which are a little futuristic
M4A1Sherman
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 4,403 posts
Armorama: 4,078 posts
Posted: Friday, July 12, 2019 - 08:54 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Let me guess... You were born without a sense of humor..?

PS- I don't get my "jollies" by looking at my inventory. I am not a drug addict, therefore I do not own "a stash", and DO NOT "dude" me.

PPS- How would YOU know if anyone wants any of my old kits..? You'd be surprised, "doooed"!
Cantstopbuyingkits
Visit this Community
European Union
KitMaker: 2,099 posts
Armorama: 1,920 posts
Posted: Friday, July 12, 2019 - 10:07 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

That guy is one of a few people I have blocked, but I can tell who it is from the post you quoted. A real pleasurable contributor to any post. You might consider blocking him as well. Broken record; broken caps-lock.

ninjrk
Visit this Community
Alabama, United States
KitMaker: 1,381 posts
Armorama: 1,347 posts
Posted: Sunday, July 14, 2019 - 01:30 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Odd timing on this release as just last week I was telling a friend at the club about kitbashing the Dragon kit to make the original version with the stepped turret roof and Henschel Tiger I-style driver and bow gun position using the Italeri kit that has been neglected in my stash for the better part of ten years or so. Odd that no one except little ol' Italeri offers this so I'm planning on using their basic turret (or maybe just the roof) and mix it up with the vastly-superior Dragon stuff. I'd like to see the Amusing Hobby version as well, but otherwise I see no reason why anyone would be excited by Italeri's tired old re-release.

One thing to keep in mind is that with the exception of the Amusing Hobby kit and the old Accurate Armor kit the narrower tracks for those early versions don't exist. Even aftermarket only provides the later wide tracks.
 _GOTOTOP