_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV
For discussions on tanks, artillery, jeeps, etc.
News
Italeri: Big Scale Zundapp
tatbaqui
Staff MemberNews Writer
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
Metro Manila, Philippines
KitMaker: 2,713 posts
Armorama: 2,451 posts
Posted: Saturday, August 03, 2019 - 02:11 PM UTC

Available once more from Italeri is this German motorcycle + sidecar combo in 1/9 scale.

Read the Full News Story

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!
Taeuss
Visit this Community
Manitoba, Canada
KitMaker: 3,791 posts
Armorama: 3,778 posts
Posted: Monday, August 05, 2019 - 04:39 AM UTC
Here's a big, fun build that I haven't seen marketed for a couple of decades it seems. I believe that Dragon leased (?) the molds when they offered both this motorcycle as well as the BMW R75 with sidecar. Super-detailing is simple when you can actually SEE the improvements.
Bravo1102
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 2,864 posts
Armorama: 2,497 posts
Posted: Monday, August 05, 2019 - 05:42 AM UTC
According to scalemates Dragon never issued the sidecar combinations in 1/9 only the singles and kettenrad.

They did do them again in 1/6?
joepanzer
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 803 posts
Armorama: 740 posts
Posted: Monday, August 05, 2019 - 12:25 PM UTC
It's a rebox of the AMT/Ertl 1/9th release.
It was a "Blueprinter Exclusive". I guess it was a "club" that you could join and get special releases. I had read, and someone correct any of this, is that since AMT was mostly Auto modeling, this one went over like a lead balloon.

Anyway, I scored one from a buddy. Pretty straightforward build, nothing fancy. The Cables suck, but Italeri, hopefully fixed that. It also had a Sprue of gear for a Fallschirmjaeger. A Helmet, which i have have since converted to a 1939 type, Gasmask canister, Shovel/bayonet, canteen, mess kit. A FG42 with a crazy bayonet on it. No belt. No suspenders, ammo pouches, bread bag, tent quarter. I am currently in the process of scratching a Rider, and missing gear. I have also scratched a KAR98.
Cantstopbuyingkits
Visit this Community
European Union
KitMaker: 2,099 posts
Armorama: 1,920 posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 06, 2019 - 02:41 AM UTC
I doubt Italeri would have fixed anything for this rerelease.
Taeuss
Visit this Community
Manitoba, Canada
KitMaker: 3,791 posts
Armorama: 3,778 posts
Posted: Thursday, August 08, 2019 - 02:48 AM UTC
So know, you might be right on Dragon not having offered that one; it has been s-o-o-o long ago that I got it that I could well be mistaken; it probably was an Ertl release. Either way large & impressive. As was the Kettenkrad that I detailed the heck out of as there was a lot of room for improvements and extra detail.
oldbean
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
KitMaker: 769 posts
Armorama: 461 posts
Posted: Thursday, August 08, 2019 - 06:02 PM UTC
Jeff Shiu makes a driver, rider and side car passenger for this kit. His figures are some of the best out there.

Jesse
jczeus
Visit this Community
Germany
KitMaker: 36 posts
Armorama: 36 posts
Posted: Thursday, August 08, 2019 - 07:45 PM UTC
I'm almost 100% certain it's a rebox of the Esci kit. I recently finished the Kettenkrad after a hiatus of 35 years.

The decals were unusable after all these years, so I ordered them via Carson, the distributor for Italeri in Germany. Thereby I noticed Italeri fixed at least some details on their kit, at least on the dashboard. So maybe they fixed some things for the Zündapp, too? But I would not count on it.

Off the top of my head, Esci released quite a few kits in 1:9 at the time (early/mid 70ies): BMW R75 single and with sidecar, Zündapp KS 750 single and with sidecar, the Kettenkrad, Harley Davidson WLA-45, Triumph 3HW and the VW Kübelwagen.

There were also a few figures available: German regular soldier and paratrooper, and a British paratrooper with helmet and Denison smock.
 _GOTOTOP