_GOTOBOTTOM
Figures
Military figures of all shapes and sizes.
News
Master Box: German Tank Crew and Amazons
varanusk
Staff MemberManaging Editor
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
Santa Cruz de Tenerife, Spain / Espaņa
KitMaker: 1,288 posts
Armorama: 942 posts
Posted: Wednesday, August 28, 2019 - 09:15 PM UTC

Master Box announces two new sets of figures, which can not be more different... a German Tank Crew and a group of post-apocalyptic New Amazons.

Read the Full News Story

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!
oldbean
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
KitMaker: 769 posts
Armorama: 461 posts
Posted: Thursday, August 29, 2019 - 12:30 AM UTC
Looking forward to the tank crew. Just hope they fit in all the new interiors that are coming out!!

Jesse
RJEdwards
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 22 posts
Armorama: 22 posts
Posted: Thursday, August 29, 2019 - 01:23 AM UTC
As I always like to populate my models with crewmen, I eagerly reviewed the new set from MB. Unfortunately, I see a number of inconsistencies for the purported time period. Three crewmembers wear early-war overseas caps. Although these can be seen later in the war, it would be the major exception, rather than the rule for 1944 or later. The collar tabs on all of the figures are more representative of the Waffen-SS than the Army (more square than rectangle), even though the box art is clearly for an Army crew. The officer wears a visor cap with chin strap, which is also relatively rare, since most were either "crushers" or modified to look like them. The area where the national cockade is supposed to be located on the visor more closely resembles a skull than a cockade, another hallmark of the Waffen-SS as opposed to the Army. Finally, an illustration of a numbered Luftwaffe tank assault badge adorns the box art, even though such a thing probably never existed in real life and, once again, this is supposed to represent an Army crew.
A bit of a disappointment, when so many references are available to the sculptor.
Bob
Biggles2
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
KitMaker: 7,600 posts
Armorama: 6,110 posts
Posted: Thursday, August 29, 2019 - 02:40 AM UTC
Meeeeeow! Cat fight!! (New Amazons)
Biggles2
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
KitMaker: 7,600 posts
Armorama: 6,110 posts
Posted: Thursday, August 29, 2019 - 02:49 AM UTC

Quoted Text

...A bit of a disappointment, when so many references are available to the sculptor.
Bob

Ah, well...another kit for the dust bin! But seriously, what really matters is will the figures actually fit in their respective positions? Heads/headwear can be changed for different eras and styles, and better definition.
RJEdwards
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 22 posts
Armorama: 22 posts
Posted: Thursday, August 29, 2019 - 03:35 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

...A bit of a disappointment, when so many references are available to the sculptor.
Bob

Ah, well...another kit for the dust bin! But seriously, what really matters is will the figures actually fit in their respective positions? Heads/headwear can be changed for different eras and styles, and better definition.

What!? You actually want them to be able to fit in/on the kit as well!
I guess my point on the critique of the figures is that it would be nice, if you didn't have to modify things for something this straight forward.
Frenchy
Visit this Community
Rhone, France
KitMaker: 12,719 posts
Armorama: 12,507 posts
Posted: Thursday, August 29, 2019 - 03:43 AM UTC
Just discard the backpacks and web gear in the New Amazons set and use the figures for a Walmart's Black Friday dio....

H.P.
oldbean
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
KitMaker: 769 posts
Armorama: 461 posts
Posted: Thursday, August 29, 2019 - 04:33 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Just discards the backpacks and web gear in the New Amazons set and use the figures for a Walmart's Black Friday dio....

H.P.

Nowhere nearly violent enough!!
Jesse
Taeuss
Visit this Community
Manitoba, Canada
KitMaker: 3,791 posts
Armorama: 3,778 posts
Posted: Thursday, August 29, 2019 - 09:36 AM UTC
So I wonder what the regional judges would think if someone combined the two sets in one dio? I like the Walmart reference, by the way!
Pongo_Arm
Visit this Community
British Columbia, Canada
KitMaker: 147 posts
Armorama: 147 posts
Posted: Thursday, August 29, 2019 - 10:55 AM UTC
commander should get his elbow out of the way of the loader maybe. And if the loader is loading, why is every else so freaking relaxed?
Bravo1102
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 2,864 posts
Armorama: 2,497 posts
Posted: Thursday, August 29, 2019 - 07:55 PM UTC

Quoted Text

commander should get his elbow out of the way of the loader maybe. And if the loader is loading, why is every else so freaking relaxed?

Looks about right when a crew is doing a "battlecarry"

Loading a round in preparation for going into action. The TC should put his arm down and the loader better keep his fingers clear of the breech. Standard procedure was to use a fist to drive the round home into the breech. But bad habits do die hard.

As for the side caps, the peaked caps got in the way with the periscopes so they'd often be on backwards if worn. Nothing is so annoying as leaning into a periscope or sight and there's a nudge as the brim of your hat hits the optics. And you have to adjust it.

The sculptor really did let it down for the shape of the insignia. Look at that lopsided iron cross.
Pongo_Arm
Visit this Community
British Columbia, Canada
KitMaker: 147 posts
Armorama: 147 posts
Posted: Friday, August 30, 2019 - 09:14 AM UTC
Nah, makes no sense as a set of poses to communicate situation. The gunner and loader look like they are at war, the rest look like they are waiting for the order to move out.
Bravo1102
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 2,864 posts
Armorama: 2,497 posts
Posted: Friday, August 30, 2019 - 11:01 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Nah, makes no sense as a set of poses to communicate situation. The gunner and loader look like they are at war, the rest look like they are waiting for the order to move out.

That's what a battle-carry is.

Loading the ammunition in anticipation of action while everyone else waits for the order to move out. Tank crews actually do it. It's in all the books as well as the 17-12 and real tank crews do it.

Just because you never heard of it doesn't mean it's not done. Ask a tanker, there's any number of us on this board. I was a driver and you're sitting on your hands looking at the hatch waiting for the order. The TC is casually ordering everyone else around. The gunner is just loving a chance to finally look through his sights and the loader is humping bullets. Yup, just like a real bunch of guys in a tank.
 _GOTOTOP